Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

It was a tight fit for us (4 adults, 13 yo boy, and 8 yo girl). Some of us had to live out of our suitcases because there weren’t enough drawers. My sister said the sofa bed was terrible. I thought the Murphy bed was comfy. We made it work and had a great trip. Just keep in mind that the Murphy bed and sofa bed are only full sized when planning sleeping arrangements.

Next time we do a family trip, we will just get 3 value rooms and request they be near each other. We did that at Pop in 2014 and were so much more comfortable.

I’m going to book CSR then. With construction, the cost difference is very little. This will give the couples a queen bed and the single guys their own beds. Thanks!

Hi, we are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort in Feb., but my daughter would love the drawing class at Art of Animation. Does anyone know if you can participate in that if you are staying at a different resort?

Hi, we are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort in Feb., but my daughter would love the drawing class at Art of Animation. Does anyone know if you can participate in that if you are staying at a different resort?

Yes, anyone can participate in the drawing class.

Would you be so kind as to mail me a few maps of the resort? I called Disney reservations as well as the concierge desk at AOA and they told me they no longer mail maps. I’m taking my 9 year old Bruce in March and each week I send her something in the mail to get her excited for the trip .

Excited to be staying here in Jan. 2018! We are staying in the LM rooms so a little worried about the walk but we are just doing a quick trip and only 3 park days so I am hoping this won't be a big deal!

Excited to be staying here in Jan. 2018! We are staying in the LM rooms so a little worried about the walk but we are just doing a quick trip and only 3 park days so I am hoping this won't be a big deal!
I stayed in the LM room before and it never took more than 8-10 minutes to get to buses, food, and pools. I love this resort. Have a good time

We are newbies and are staying in the Cars Suite - where is that located compared to transport, pools, and other things?

art-of-animation-map.gif

Cars sections are 1, 2, & 3. 1 & 3 are relatively close to Animation Hall where your food and transportation will be. Cars section also has its own pool.

Hi all. We will be staying at AoA for the first time in a Nemo suite in May. I’m looking forward to being able to spread out a little. :teleport:

My TA mentioned that you could see fireworks from some of the lake facing rooms but she couldn’t remember which buildings. Does anyone know if you can see fireworks from either of the Nemo buildings? If so I’m planning to put in a room request (and yes, I know there is no guarantee).

How is the pool here? My kids love swimming and will be coming from cold weather, so I'm hoping they get great pool time.

Thanks!

How is the pool here? My kids love swimming and will be coming from cold weather, so I'm hoping they get great pool time.

Thanks!
Pools are fantastic! The Nemo pool is especially fun with the underwater music, but my boys loved the cone cabanas at the cozy cone pool too. We were disappointed with the times though. We had a planned a late park start on Saturday, and my kids wanted to swim beforehand. They were awake by 7am as young kids often are, but the pool didn’t open until 10am. We ended up going to the arcade instead. This morning was a similar issue that they wanted to swim before we checked out, but the pools didn’t open until 10am and checkout is 11am. We had to get to the airport anyway, so we couldn’t have done swimming after checkout anyway, but I do wish the pools had opened at 9am or earlier. I’m sure it’s a seasonal decision since the hours on the sign looked like they could easily be adjusted with a new plaque.

Hi all. We will be staying at AoA for the first time in a Nemo suite in May. I’m looking forward to being able to spread out a little. :teleport:

My TA mentioned that you could see fireworks from some of the lake facing rooms but she couldn’t remember which buildings. Does anyone know if you can see fireworks from either of the Nemo buildings? If so I’m planning to put in a room request (and yes, I know there is no guarantee).

A lake facing view is the opposite direction of the parks. I think some Lion King rooms facing the parking lot provide a view of Hollywood Studios fireworks. I don't think any of the Nemo rooms would be able to see any of the park fireworks. Sorry. :(

A lake facing view is the opposite direction of the parks. I think some Lion King rooms facing the parking lot provide a view of Hollywood Studios fireworks. I don't think any of the Nemo rooms would be able to see any of the park fireworks. Sorry. :(

Yes, what Hope Soda said is correct. I don't think you would have any view of the fireworks from a lake view room at AoA. Your TA might have been confused with Pop Century as some of the lake view rooms there have a view of the fireworks from Epcot and DHS (not a *great* view, but you can see them). We stayed in a 4th floor LK suite in both building 6 & 10 (on separate trips). Both faced the parking lot area and we could see the tops of the DHS fireworks over the trees. We also watched them from the Nemo pool one night -- again, we could only see the tops of the fireworks over the trees. Your best bet is to walk to the bridge or along the Pop Century side of the lake at fireworks time and you'll be able to see them (again, not a *great* view, but you'll have a better view than if you're in a building at AoA.

We just stayed in the LM section for one week. Building 7 (at the very end almost by building 8). I timed the walk from our first floor room, to the Landscape of Flavors several times--it was never more that 6 minutes, and generally did it in 5 minutes. Not a big deal at all. We will stay there again.
We also experienced no noise issues on the ground floor. Great stay.

Just got back from our 9 night stay at the Art of Animation in a LM room. Overall the resort and room was good but the bus service we felt was a nightmare. We were constantly waiting on huge lines for buses that wouldn't show up for 30 minutes. We found ourselves dreading the end of each night and that feeling put a bad end to each day.

I think next time we will try a much smaller resort like Port Orleans French Quarter and see how the bus service is there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter