Disney's Ambassador Hotel at Tokyo Disney

rkold

Mouseketeer
Hi!

So we're thinking of staying at the Ambassador Hotel because I think they're offering a really awesome package deal while we are there which is just too tempting. Anyone else here ever stay there? I plan to call this evening or tomorrow night just to get all the details clear and because I want to find out more about priority reservations for meals. We're vegetarians and I know Tokyo Disney is very limited. I went to DisneySea in '09, but I was solo then and now I have a 6 year old.

Thank you in advance

I'm a fan of the Ambassador. These days it may be "only" the #3 official hotel at TDR, but it was the first and built to impress. IMHO, the only two disadvantages are the lack of interesting views and that the park transportation is via bus rather than monorail - and I'm not sure the latter is actually a disadvantage because 1) the buses are stylish and not full of day guests, and 2) serve the front door of the hotel, which the monorails do not at the TDH and MiraCosta. Advantages include that Ikspiari is next door; the hotel's central location means that walking to either park is an option (although maybe not the best idea with a 6 year old); and there are more in-hotel dining options than at either the TDH or the MiraCosta (not even counting Ikspiari). And I also just like the art deco style - it's unlike any of the U.S. Disney hotels (although perhaps there are some distant echoes of the Grand Californian).

I'm a fan of the Ambassador. These days it may be "only" the #3 official hotel at TDR, but it was the first and built to impress. IMHO, the only two disadvantages are the lack of interesting views and that the park transportation is via bus rather than monorail - and I'm not sure the latter is actually a disadvantage because 1) the buses are stylish and not full of day guests, and 2) serve the front door of the hotel, which the monorails do not at the TDH and MiraCosta. Advantages include that Ikspiari is next door; the hotel's central location means that walking to either park is an option (although maybe not the best idea with a 6 year old); and there are more in-hotel dining options than at either the TDH or the MiraCosta (not even counting Ikspiari). And I also just like the art deco style - it's unlike any of the U.S. Disney hotels (although perhaps there are some distant echoes of the Grand Californian).

Thank you! I appreciate the thoughts. I admit I do like the fact it is near Ikspiari, and closer to the train station. Is the walk hard because it is dangerous and there are no sidewalks or just long? I don't care so much about the hotel views, I always stay standard in WDW. I just want to be abe to get to the parks quickly and easily to take advantage of the Early 15 and to give my daughter a fun treat.

I'm currently debating the rest of our itinerary for the trip. I am trying to keep my plans reasonable because I know what I would do vs. what I would do with a 6 year old are not the same things.

Is the walk hard because it is dangerous and there are no sidewalks or just long?

Just long - there are definitely sidewalks. For Tokyo DisneySea, the walk follows the main on-property road, and in the morning you'll probably see many cast members walking from the Maihama train station to backstage entrances. For Tokyo Disneyland, during most of the day you can walk through Ikspiari, but in the morning before it opens you'll use the same road, just in the opposite direction. The attached map shows the walking route to the morning "Happy 15" entrance for the Ambassador (at least, as of the last time I was there).

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 6.12.41 AM.JPG

With my 6 year old, it's probably just faster to wait for the bus, assuming it comes every 15-20 minutes. I just want to make sure to take advantage of the early 15 because the long lines getting in are one of my big memories from my one trip to Disney Sea. (I was staying in Tokyo proper at the time which was a definite mistake.) I'm going to call up about the package tonight. I want to know exactly what is included, but it sounds like it might make a lot of sense for us. The walk isn't so long, I regularly walk between the Epcot resorts and the Studios because I am faster than the boat, but I'd prefer to save my daughter's energy for the parks.

Now to figure out if we should stay 1 night on Miyajima, stay 1 night in Hiroshima or just take the train to Osaka. I think after a long morning trip from Tokyo staying out West makes the most sense. The Granvia has some bargain rates, but Miyajima has some great onsen. lol

We have booked a package too at the Ambassador for Nov. I am a bit concerned about getting our documents at the Welcome center by 7PM since our flight lands at 4. Do you know if they will leave the Docs at the Ambassador hotel?

Sorry no idea, I decided against the package. It worked out that we were paying ~400 more for the package (2 park tickets, 4 extra fast passes, 1 night at the Ambassador + 1 breakfast at some place that had no vegetarian options) vs 2 nights at the Tokyo Disneyland hotel. So we just booked the 2 nights and will buy the park tickets and eat at places where there are food options. It hurt us that my daughter is 6, but the package was set up for a minimum of 2 adults. The 4 extra fast passes would be nice, but right now the parks are supposedly quiet during our visit and I plan to get there before rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter