Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Can't wait! I will be here in January 2018. In the past, I have enjoyed my stays at ASMo and ASMu. I finally get to close out the trio by staying at ASSp!

Favorite buildings that aren't preferred? Anything special at the food court to try that is specific to the resort?

We stayed in Building 4, Center Court (on the second floor, facing the Donald, Huey, Dewey and Louie figures on the tennis courts). We thought it was a great location...it was quiet and a quick walk to the food court and bus stops.

Can't wait! I will be here in January 2018. In the past, I have enjoyed my stays at ASMo and ASMu. I finally get to close out the trio by staying at ASSp!

Favorite buildings that aren't preferred? Anything special at the food court to try that is specific to the resort?
Hoops Hotel (Basketball Bldgs) are a quick walk to the main lobby & buses. I skirt the Surfs Up Pool via the adjacent walkway. I enjoyed the walk near the Surfs Up themed area every morning and back each night.

I just booked a trip and we are staying at All Star Sports for the first time. Any tips?
All Star Resort Tips:

1) Rooms feature double beds.
2) Non-preferred rooms can be a hike for some.
3) Morning breakfast in the food court can be chaotic.
4) No coffee pots/microwaves in rooms. There is a fridge.
5) Rooms may be considered small to those who are accustomed to moderate/deluxe style rooms. Consider packing organizers for the room to place belongings in. There is plenty of space in the sink area and by the front door.
6) Room features 1 small table with 2 chairs.
7) Pools will be crowded during the day. Pools do not have slides.
8) Do not feel shy about asking to have room features fixed. On one trip a light bulb was out, so we requested to have it fixed.
9) For less noise/traffic, request a room on the 3rd floor if possible and towards the back of the building (away from central walkway/pool area).
10) If you must budget but cannot afford prefer rooms, consider staying at All Star Sports, which has the closest non-preferred rooms to the main building.

I hope this helps! Feel free to ask me any questions.

All Star Resort Tips:

1) Rooms feature double beds.
2) Non-preferred rooms can be a hike for some.
3) Morning breakfast in the food court can be chaotic.
4) No coffee pots/microwaves in rooms. There is a fridge.
5) Rooms may be considered small to those who are accustomed to moderate/deluxe style rooms. Consider packing organizers for the room to place belongings in. There is plenty of space in the sink area and by the front door.
6) Room features 1 small table with 2 chairs.
7) Pools will be crowded during the day. Pools do not have slides.
8) Do not feel shy about asking to have room features fixed. On one trip a light bulb was out, so we requested to have it fixed.
9) For less noise/traffic, request a room on the 3rd floor if possible and towards the back of the building (away from central walkway/pool area).
10) If you must budget but cannot afford prefer rooms, consider staying at All Star Sports, which has the closest non-preferred rooms to the main building.

I hope this helps! Feel free to ask me any questions.
Thanks! That does help! There will just be 2 of us in the room,so hopefully the size won't be much of an issue.

Thanks! That does help! There will just be 2 of us in the room,so hopefully the size won't be much of an issue.
I was worried about room size, before we went. But like you, it was only two of us. Oh, and a scooter.

By the third day, we had how to get in and out pretty nailed down. And the room was plenty big enough for us.

We even spent some time in the room. Naps, snacks and a couple of quiet evenings were no problem.

Hope you have a great time.

This is what I could find. Anyone have updates on dates??

The pools:
Completed
Oct 10, 2016 to Dec 02, 2016
Disney's All Star Sports Resort Grand Slam Pool closed for refurbishment

Jan 25, 2016 to Jan 28, 2016
Disney's All Star Sports Resort Surfboard Bay Pool closed for refurbishment

Oct 26, 2015 to Dec 18, 2015
Disney's All Star Sports Resort Grand Slam Pool closed for refurbishment

Jan 06, 2014 to Jan 24, 2014
All-Star Sports Surf's Up Pool closed for refurbishment

Jul 28, 2013 to Aug 04, 2013
Disney's All Star Sports arcade closed for refurbishment

Feb 25, 2013 to Mar 06, 2013
Disney's All Star Sports Resort Surfboard Bay Pool and Kids Pool closed for refurbishment

Aug 23, 2012 to Sep 30, 2012
Disney's All Star Sports Surfboard Bay Pool closed for refurbishment

Food Court:
August 5 – December 20, 2013

Rooms:

Does anyone know if there are king beds at the homerun section? If so are they only accessible rooms on first floor? Ty

Edited to add. I dont require an accessible room so i don't want to take that availability for someone who does. I was just looking for a king bed.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there are king beds at the homerun section?

Yup.

If so are they only accessile rooms on first floor? Ty

No. They are on every floor.

Edited to add. I dont require an accessile room so i don't want to take that availability for someone who does. I was just looking for a king bed.

No worries. They will not give an accessible room to someone who doesn't need it if there is someone who does need it.

Also there are non accessible king rooms available.

This was from September 2017:
upload_2018-1-24_10-31-38.png

upload_2018-1-24_10-31-59.png

upload_2018-1-24_10-32-21.png

upload_2018-1-24_10-32-41.png This was taken on September 9th and Resort-wide they were prepping for Hurricane Irma so in this picture you see the chairs stacked up and they were tied together.

These next two photos were taken September 10th. Pluto and Goofy came out as a special thing as guests were preparing to be hunkered down later on in their rooms during the hurricane (Resort-wide characters came out to interact with the guests)
upload_2018-1-24_10-34-18.png upload_2018-1-24_10-39-23.png

upload_2018-1-24_10-40-10.png Specialized wine available in the gift shop

These next two photos were view from room pre-Hurricane damage. There was some tree damage that occurred from the hurricane. We were in Touchdown Building 10 3rd floor Room 337.
upload_2018-1-24_10-40-57.png

upload_2018-1-24_10-42-0.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-24_10-39-11.png
    upload_2018-1-24_10-39-11.png
    412.4 KB · Views: 3
This was from September 2017:
View attachment 297666

View attachment 297667

View attachment 297668

View attachment 297669 This was taken on September 9th and Resort-wide they were prepping for Hurricane Irma so in this picture you see the chairs stacked up and they were tied together.

These next two photos were taken September 10th. Pluto and Goofy came out as a special thing as guests were preparing to be hunkered down later on in their rooms during the hurricane (Resort-wide characters came out to interact with the guests)
View attachment 297670 View attachment 297672

View attachment 297673 Specialized wine available in the gift shop

These next two photos were view from room pre-Hurricane damage. There was some tree damage that occurred from the hurricane. We were in Touchdown Building 10 3rd floor Room 337.
View attachment 297674

View attachment 297675
They sell wine in the gift shop?! You just made my day! We're staying there next week :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!