Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I was there is mid
Can anyone tell me if they have regular hand-dipped ice cream at sports, or is it just gelato now?
I was there is mid August and they had both. However, I heard that they removed this at POP and they only have soft serve, so I'm wondering if this will be a trend at all the value resorts. I hope not, because we love the gelato and the hand dipped ice cream selections.

Here at sports now, checked in on 9/13 and will be checking out 9/23!! We got major pixie dust and got a king size room super close to the main building!!! Anyone have any questions I can answer while we're here?

I was there is mid

I was there is mid August and they had both. However, I heard that they removed this at POP and they only have soft serve, so I'm wondering if this will be a trend at all the value resorts. I hope not, because we love the gelato and the hand dipped ice cream selections.
Yes, we were at Pop a few weeks ago and were really disappointed they got rid of it. Good to hear Sports still has it...honestly we'll probably switch our bounce back to Sports from Pop now... I know it seems silly, but we like our ice cream on vacation

Here at sports now, checked in on 9/13 and will be checking out 9/23!! We got major pixie dust and got a king size room super close to the main building!!! Anyone have any questions I can answer while we're here?

Do the mugs still have the white handles or did they finally get a new design?

Do the mugs still have the white handles or did they finally get a new design?
They do still have the white handles! We haven't been here in a couple years so I'm not sure what the old cups look like. I'm trying to get it to load the photo from my phone!!

You may regret offering to answer questions while on vacation!

1. Is it a preferred room (sounds like it by location) and did you have preferred or standard booked?
2. Is the food court experimenting with single-point-of-order like at Music where you order meals at the register, pay, then pick up at a single window? If so, how well is it working?

You may regret offering to answer questions while on vacation!

1. Is it a preferred room (sounds like it by location) and did you have preferred or standard booked?
2. Is the food court experimenting with single-point-of-order like at Music where you order meals at the register, pay, then pick up at a single window? If so, how well is it working?
Hi peg! We actually just reserved a standard room, but when checking in at the front desk said a king room would be amazing, but we understand that's they are a rarity. Somehow we got major pixie dust after having to move our trip due to nasty hurricane Irma! We've been to the food court 3x and I have not seen anything with the single point order. It's just as it has always been, you get in line at your "station" order, get your food then must go to the cashier to ring out. Also to the person asking about ice cream they do have both gelato and regular ice cream! Just checked tonight!

Hi peg! We actually just reserved a standard room, but when checking in at the front desk said a king room would be amazing, but we understand that's they are a rarity. Somehow we got major pixie dust after having to move our trip due to nasty hurricane Irma!

Nice! Glad to hear you got such a great room.

We've been to the food court 3x and I have not seen anything with the single point order. It's just as it has always been, you get in line at your "station" order, get your food then must go to the cashier to ring out.

Ok. Thanks. I had heard only about Music experimenting with this but wanted to check.

We are staying in January. Does Sports offer the option to skip mousekeeping for the $10/day credit?

I called to request a king bed and they will not give it to me since my guests for this particular room will be a mom, dad and child that is 18 (adult). So, we have two rooms that will need an air mattress (twin). Where are we to place it? Closer to the bathroom? Closer to the door? Move the table and chairs?

We are staying in January. Does Sports offer the option to skip mousekeeping for the $10/day credit?
I'm not sure if they will offer that in January or not, but when we checked in on 9/13 they did not offer it to us.

I called to request a king bed and they will not give it to me since my guests for this particular room will be a mom, dad and child that is 18 (adult). So, we have two rooms that will need an air mattress (twin). Where are we to place it? Closer to the bathroom? Closer to the door? Move the table and chairs?
Not sure what you mean.

There are two beds, Mom and Dad in one, and child in the other. Why do you need an air mattress?

Not sure what you mean.

There are two beds, Mom and Dad in one, and child in the other. Why do you need an air mattress?
I'm guessing they don't feel like a double with 2 adults is comfortable. You could probably put the air mattress by the door or over by the table if u move the table to the other side of the tv...Either way you'll probably have to pick it up every day to walk. I see why a King would have been easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter