Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

I was in building 7 Broadway last week. I decided next time I would rather be in the Mighty Ducks section at Movies, because it is closer to Melody Hall. :-)

Ducks is awesome!:)

It really "feels" like staying at both Movies and Music!:)

For anyone not familiar with Ducks,here is just how close it is to Melody Hall(Both pictures taken from same spot.):

Looking back at Ducks after crossing the "road" between Ducks and Music.
20169209308_932396217b_z.jpg

Walkway to Melody Hall after crossing the "road" between Ducks and Music.
20330952686_47e4d6e065_z.jpg

The time I stayed at Movies I was in Dalmations and found it nicer to just get off at Music and stop through their foodcourt before heading to my room. Then I stayed at Music my last trip and was in Jazz. It was very nice. I am booked again for Halloween at Music.

We are booked here for November...our first time staying at a WDW resort and first trip for my kids (second trip for my sister and I but it will seem like a first trip LOL)

I was able to book us a room with free dining over the Thanksgiving holiday. This is only our second time staying in a value resort. Last year, we stayed at Pop for three nights (were supposed to stay five) before moving over to Caribbean Beach which is our home away from home. Hoping that you guys can share your experiences and put any worries that we have to bed.

**Edited to add: We are not going into the stay thinking we will hate it. And, we know that it will be busy because of the time of the year. We are just used to the moderates where there are more places to sit and unwind after a day in the parks.

This is our first time staying at All star music... we are staying in a family suite.

I'm getting ready to do online check in - Is there a better location to request to be somewhat closer to transportation? I have a child who gets sensory overloaded easy, so I think I will be making a lot of afternoon trips by myself and don't want to be carrying him super far by myself.
Also, by requesting a room closer to transportation, will I be giving up a nicer room, etc?

Thanks so much for all your help.

Last edited:
This is our first time staying at All star music... we are staying in a family suite.

I'm getting ready to do online check in - Is there a better location to request to be somewhat closer to transportation? I have a child who gets sensory overloaded easy, so I think I will be making a lot of afternoon trips by myself and don't want to be carrying him super far by myself.
Also, by requesting a room closer to transportation, will I be giving up a nicer room, etc?

Thanks so much for all your help.

The family suites are located in the Calypso and Jazz Buildings. Calypso is closest to the main building where check-in, food court, and transportation are, so I would request Calypso. We had Calypso our last time at ASMu, our room faced towards the parking lot (with many trees blocking the view) and we were the last room at the end of the building, so we had a nice quiet room that was maybe 5 minutes from transportation (including time waiting for the elevator!). I think Music is a great choice as I feel it's a little more subdued than the other all stars. There is a beautiful garden area in the middle of the jazz section that is quiet peaceful. I hope you have a great trip!

The family suites are located in the Calypso and Jazz Buildings. Calypso is closest to the main building where check-in, food court, and transportation are, so I would request Calypso. We had Calypso our last time at ASMu, our room faced towards the parking lot (with many trees blocking the view) and we were the last room at the end of the building, so we had a nice quiet room that was maybe 5 minutes from transportation (including time waiting for the elevator!). I think Music is a great choice as I feel it's a little more subdued than the other all stars. There is a beautiful garden area in the middle of the jazz section that is quiet peaceful. I hope you have a great trip!
Thank you!!! I appreciate the information!

We check in on Saturday, May 20th. On our last trip we stayed at Riverside. The laundry was no longer coin operated. Has Music switched over or is it still coin operated?

Thanks!

I guess that I am used to the CBR thread and there's a lot of chatter over there. Was hoping to see some new comments or suggestions posted.

I can help with some of your "quiet place" concerns! I've only stayed there the once, but it was perfect for a sister celebration weekend :) We actually spent a good chunk of time at the resort as opposed to the "I just need a bed" mentality because we needed that downtime here and there! I'm actually nervous for this fall when we're there...my boyfriends BIL who's planning the trip is much more of a dawn to midnight running around the parks sort of vacationer!!

One of my favorite quieter spots is actually the courtyard in the Jazz section. You can still hear Callypso a bit, so it's not SUPER quiet, but it's very relaxing and really pretty. It's trying (at a Value level) to make you think of New Orleans, for sure:

Disneys-All-Star-Music-Resort_Full_7583.jpg

(not my photo, sadly)

They did an awesome job of making each section unique; not only does the landscaping change pretty drastically (while somehow working together), but the light fixtures and pavement styles change, too. Really very neat details.

Plus, it's downright pretty at night (and FAR quieter since all the kids are asleep), especially Broadway where we were:

8227310084_8b2d13eff8_b.jpg

(again, not my photo)

Oh, and if you're a music person like my sister who's currently studied music education, the details in the food court are great. The new one is SO MUCH NICER than the pictures I'd seen of the old one, and they hid instruments and actual melodies that she could guess and play everywhere! We actually spent a good amount of time there and looking at the railings of the buildings trying to "guess that tune."

Intermission-Food-Court_Full_22796.jpg

(again, not mine, but see what I mean? Drum set beverage station, guitar frets on the walls, things like that!)

I was very surprised by how much we enjoyed everything since I knew it was "just a value." Maybe I have simple tastes, but since our trip was our first time there and a last chance to just have fun and be kids again (I was 26 while my sister was about to turn 18), the vibe there was perfect :)

I can help with some of your "quiet place" concerns! I've only stayed there the once, but it was perfect for a sister celebration weekend :) We actually spent a good chunk of time at the resort as opposed to the "I just need a bed" mentality because we needed that downtime here and there! I'm actually nervous for this fall when we're there...my boyfriends BIL who's planning the trip is much more of a dawn to midnight running around the parks sort of vacationer!!

One of my favorite quieter spots is actually the courtyard in the Jazz section. You can still hear Callypso a bit, so it's not SUPER quiet, but it's very relaxing and really pretty. It's trying (at a Value level) to make you think of New Orleans, for sure:

Disneys-All-Star-Music-Resort_Full_7583.jpg

(not my photo, sadly)

They did an awesome job of making each section unique; not only does the landscaping change pretty drastically (while somehow working together), but the light fixtures and pavement styles change, too. Really very neat details.

Plus, it's downright pretty at night (and FAR quieter since all the kids are asleep), especially Broadway where we were:

8227310084_8b2d13eff8_b.jpg

(again, not my photo)

Oh, and if you're a music person like my sister who's currently studied music education, the details in the food court are great. The new one is SO MUCH NICER than the pictures I'd seen of the old one, and they hid instruments and actual melodies that she could guess and play everywhere! We actually spent a good amount of time there and looking at the railings of the buildings trying to "guess that tune."

Intermission-Food-Court_Full_22796.jpg

(again, not mine, but see what I mean? Drum set beverage station, guitar frets on the walls, things like that!)

I was very surprised by how much we enjoyed everything since I knew it was "just a value." Maybe I have simple tastes, but since our trip was our first time there and a last chance to just have fun and be kids again (I was 26 while my sister was about to turn 18), the vibe there was perfect :)

Thank you so much for posting your thoughts and the pictures! We are CBR lovers all the way and have stayed there probably 200 nights over the years. But the place is all torn up right now and wasn't available with the free dining promo. Last trip, we stayed at Pop for three nights (were supposed to stay five) but ended up moving over to CBR earlier than we were supposed to. But, we had a fourth person in tow that wasn't family so that can cause a weird vibe anyway.

My son plays with two bands, leads music worship and is an overall music fanatic so I'm sure that he's going to love the theme of the resort.

The quiet spots are important to my husband who has epilepsy and needs to unwind at the end of the day or on our "resort day". I saw other pictures of a mini-park looking area in the country section that may be a good place for him as well. We usually go for two weeks but this trip is for ten nights so there won't be as many resort days as our previous trips. Since we are going over the Thanksgiving holiday, we want to resort hop and see the decorations.

Thanks again!

Thank you so much for posting your thoughts and the pictures! We are CBR lovers all the way and have stayed there probably 200 nights over the years. But the place is all torn up right now and wasn't available with the free dining promo. Last trip, we stayed at Pop for three nights (were supposed to stay five) but ended up moving over to CBR earlier than we were supposed to. But, we had a fourth person in tow that wasn't family so that can cause a weird vibe anyway.

My son plays with two bands, leads music worship and is an overall music fanatic so I'm sure that he's going to love the theme of the resort.

The quiet spots are important to my husband who has epilepsy and needs to unwind at the end of the day or on our "resort day". I saw other pictures of a mini-park looking area in the country section that may be a good place for him as well. We usually go for two weeks but this trip is for ten nights so there won't be as many resort days as our previous trips. Since we are going over the Thanksgiving holiday, we want to resort hop and see the decorations.

Thanks again!

Lisa we just came back last week from staying here. We enjoyed our stay and my only complaint was the buses on some nights. We've stayed at POP and Movies and find Music quieter around the rooms than both with more greenery. The food court is very busy but if you get a spot in the back it's much better. Ask me any questions.

We enjoyed our stay and my only complaint was the buses on some nights. We've stayed at POP and Movies and find Music quieter around the rooms than both with more greenery. The food court is very busy but if you get a spot in the back it's much better. Ask me any questions.

How comfortable did you find the beds at ASMu? We have stayed at Pop quite a few times in the past and really struggle most nights with the firmness of the beds there (rock hard every time :( definitely not the best nights sleep!) We have ASMu booked for 2 weeks in December this year and I'm really hoping for some positive feedback for a softer mattress! lol first world problems I know!! :p

How comfortable did you find the beds at ASMu? We have stayed at Pop quite a few times in the past and really struggle most nights with the firmness of the beds there (rock hard every time :( definitely not the best nights sleep!) We have ASMu booked for 2 weeks in December this year and I'm really hoping for some positive feedback for a softer mattress! lol first world problems I know!! :p

We had a family suite. I found the queen size bed just right for me but I tend to like my bed a little on the firm side. I had no trouble sleeping. The kids said the pull outs could have been better but were still able to sleep. I don't know about the rooms with 2 double beds.

We had a family suite. I found the queen size bed just right for me but I tend to like my bed a little on the firm side. I had no trouble sleeping. The kids said the pull outs could have been better but were still able to sleep. I don't know about the rooms with 2 double beds.
I agree with being able to sleep well every night, but that MIGHT have had more to do with being exhausted from long days in the park? I don't remember much about the bed comfort levels, which makes me lean toward comfortable as I think I'd have remembered if they weren't!

I was able to book us a room with free dining over the Thanksgiving holiday. This is only our second time staying in a value resort. Last year, we stayed at Pop for three nights (were supposed to stay five) before moving over to Caribbean Beach which is our home away from home. Hoping that you guys can share your experiences and put any worries that we have to bed.

**Edited to add: We are not going into the stay thinking we will hate it. And, we know that it will be busy because of the time of the year. We are just used to the moderates where there are more places to sit and unwind after a day in the parks.
We love Music! Seems quiter than the other AllStars, we've never had a bad stay there. Do you have any particular concerns?

We are checking in for the first time at Music on the nov 25th for a first time visit as well

Ducks is awesome!:)

It really "feels" like staying at both Movies and Music!:)

For anyone not familiar with Ducks,here is just how close it is to Melody Hall(Both pictures taken from same spot.):

Looking back at Ducks after crossing the "road" between Ducks and Music.
20169209308_932396217b_z.jpg

Walkway to Melody Hall after crossing the "road" between Ducks and Music.
20330952686_47e4d6e065_z.jpg
Thanks for the pic WEDWDW.
Do you know what rooms I should request in Music to get this close to Movies?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!