Disneyland Solo- Poss May Trip

Montana Minnies

A New Generation of Mouseketeers
Hi :wave2:
I was unsure :confused3 where to post this question since it is about Disneyland.
I am contemplating taking a trip to Disneyland solo in May since I have some free time. I know many of you travel to WDW solo, but I was not sure if many travel to Disneyland by themselves.
If you do where would you reccomend a single person stay? I would like to stay in a moderate close to the parks.
Thanks in advance for any input! ::MinnieMo

I used to live in southern California, so I'm useless about lodging (I was only an hour away). But DL can be fun solo! Just remember that the two parks are much smaller, and you can see most things in two days. It's nice to have three days to relax and revisit your favorites and look at the details!

Taja said:
I used to live in southern California, so I'm useless about lodging (I was only an hour away). But DL can be fun solo! Just remember that the two parks are much smaller, and you can see most things in two days. It's nice to have three days to relax and revisit your favorites and look at the details!

Thanks!
I was wondering about the amount of time to spend in each park. So that is helpful! As you can see by my newly added countdown timer, I decided to take a chance and go! :teeth:

::MinnieMo :wave:

I was just in DL in October. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for 4 nights.
It was great, we were able to park the car and walk everywhere for the 4 days. You can see it all in 3 days without being rushed.
We got a room special for 3 nights/ 4th night free.
DL has 3 "on-site" hotels, priced from $125 to $300+ a night.
DL is running some good specials with your Disney Visa Card, if you have one.

If you are going in May the 50th celebration starts 5/5/05, so expect BIG crowds all spring and summer. :earseek:

We loved DL as much as WDW, Good Luck :teeth:

I've done DL solo hundreds of times - used to go down for a quick 4 day weekend a lot.

It is a lot smaller, so you can see everything in 2-3 days. (But 3 days is better so that you can revisit favourites)

There are a lot of rather borderline moderates around DL. Try and book something new in the last 2-3 years, as some of the hotels are very old and need updating. You certainly don't need to stay onsite, although it is nice to be able to walk. I have walked as far as the convention centre hotels no problem.

There are really good deals via priceline if you visit betterbidding.com.

The airport bus is the cheapest way to get to Anaheim from the area airports.

Hope that helps!!

Solo at Disneyland is a blast! I had a wondeful time in November on my own.. there a few rides in DL and DCA that have single rider lines (no or very short wait) which makes it even better during those crowded weekend nights.

Splash - go thru exit, wave at a CM, they will direct you to walk over a little bridge and wait just a tiny bit (about two minutes :) The CMs told me I could get out of log and go back over bridge if I wanted to ride again.

In DCA:
special gate at Mulholland Madness (crazy mouse type coaster) - short wait.

For Screamin ( roller coaster) ask the fastpass CM for single rider pass- they will direct you to a special gate to the left of the entrance.

For Soarin - ask if any single rider passes available from the fast pass CM.. this ride is not always the best as single rider- more chance of getting on ride with fast pass as the single rider passes get abused and run out very quickly.

Maliboomer and Grizzly River Run also have single rider when it is busy.

As for hotels, some of the walking distance hotels that are good bets (clean, nice staff, comfortable surroundings) :

Howard Johnson Plaza " HoJos" (got to Mousesavers web site for a review and special link to hotel web site for discount OR got to laughingplace.com for a wealth of information on this hotel from posters on the travel planning forum.. also special link for discount rate) -- we have stayed here twice and plan to go again when we go this May. (May rate is $75.65 thru laughing place for view room)
** I suggest you make your reservation soon! Hotel was close to 50 % full when I made our reseravation two months ago!**
10 minute walk, very nice grounds, awesome staff and comfy clean rooms all at a great rate!

Candy Cane Inn - has deluxe continental breakfast that many rave about, clean rooms, nice staff, 10 min walk, free shuttle run by the hotel, very pretty grounds.

Best Western Park Place Inn- directly at the crosswalk- closer to DL than Disneyland's own hotels. Clean- no frills. Has a pancake or continental breakfast included.

Priceline is not too bad of an idea - however they now include a really icky Radisson in the three star category- eww! In the past I have won bids for $40 for Hilton and Marriot next to convention center. Long walk but doable.

Looked at the websites for Candy Cane Inn and Howard Johnson's and both look quite nice! A friend (who still lives about an hour away from DL) and I are considering an overnight--or two nights--at DL/DCA in December, 2005. Kind of a mid-Holiday madness break! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter