Disneyland Park hours & parade schedules in August

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are going to have one day at Disneyland on Aug 3rd (We only have the one day available, we are in Las Vegas visiting family and then taking a trip to CA to visit my best friend from college who I haven't seen in 7 years!!) Are there any sites that list the operation hours, parade and firework schedules as we only have one day I want to maximize my time in the parks.

If we only have one day should we just stay at Disneyland or should we buy the hopper pass so we can see DCA as well. I would like to see Aladin and Grizzly at DCA. Our children are 6 & 9, we are staying at the Holiday Inn Buena Park.

The hours are long right now 8am-12am. If I had just one day I personally would stay at Disneyland. The crowds in summer being what they are I think you will find so much to do at just one park you might be wasting your money to try and cover 2.

If you really know the layouts well and the park pretty good then you could get 2 in. I would do DCA in the afternoon when DL is at its peak.

Have fun! :sunny:

What i was thinking instead of going back to the hotel for an afternoon rest we could go to DCA have lunch, see Aladin and ride Grizzly rapids. That is basically all that interests me at DCA. Do you this would be doable. I have to talk to Dh and the kids about DL and decide on what we really want to see and do their as well.

I know we will probably be quite tired after a full day at the parks but the next day is a beach day with my friend and her family so it will be a good day to just relax and recover for our drive back to LV.

Allison

abbyndrewmom said:
Hi,

We are going to have one day at Disneyland on Aug 3rd (We only have the one day available, we are in Las Vegas visiting family and then taking a trip to CA to visit my best friend from college who I haven't seen in 7 years!!) Are there any sites that list the operation hours, parade and firework schedules as we only have one day I want to maximize my time in the parks.

If we only have one day should we just stay at Disneyland or should we buy the hopper pass so we can see DCA as well. I would like to see Aladin and Grizzly at DCA. Our children are 6 & 9, we are staying at the Holiday Inn Buena Park.

August hours are here:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...onthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage&date=20060809

Note that mshrm is incorrect about the hours. Yes, in the past DL stayed open until midnight all summer but they decided to close at 11PM this summer on weekdays.

The August 3 parade and show schedule is here:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...span=1&parkDCA=true&parkDLP=true&parkDTD=true

We will miss you by a day - we too will be in the area visiting family and the beach and have a day trip planned Aug 2.

Note that if you are going to DL with younger children - as you are - and if you have any flexibility on dates at all, Aug 2 at DL will be better than Aug 3. Aug 3 is a Thursday which is an "Early Entry" day for certain guests into FantasyLand and part of TomorrowLand. So there will already be lines for rides as soon as the park opens for regular hours at 8AM. Yes, the early people will get in at 7AM. Wednesdays are not Early Entry days and so we decided to go on that day.

abbyndrewmom said:
It depends. We are definitely going to hop to DCA. I think it is worth it if you know what you are doing. You should try to get to DLR early though. We plan to be there by 7:30AM and get a good start on DL before hopping to DCA.

abbyndrewmom said:
What i was thinking instead of going back to the hotel for an afternoon rest we could go to DCA have lunch, see Aladin and ride Grizzly rapids. That is basically all that interests me at DCA. Do you this would be doable. I have to talk to Dh and the kids about DL and decide on what we really want to see and do their as well.
It is doable, but would be easier if you had a closer hotel. And if you take your nap break, grab a Grizzly FastPass before you leave. DLR does not enforce the end of the return window so you can use it when you come back. Once you have all entered either DL or DCA, all you need to do is send one person into DCA with everyone's entrance tickets to get the FastPasses.

We did both parks in one day and saw all we wanted. Granted, we live in Cali, so we are able to go often, so it's not a big deal if a line is too long and we miss something.
If those 2 attractions in adventure are all your worried about, it's definitely something you could do in one day. My kids are 3 and 7 so my DH and I just split up alot too. He takes the older DD on the more thrill type stuff and my 3 year old and I just hang out on the mellow stuff. We meet up and do our favorites as a family. Have fun. princess:

My children are 6 & 9 so i think we can skip the afternoon rest stop and just keep going all day and recover the next. Unfortunatley the 3rd is the only day that worked into our schedule, we will avoid Fantasyland in the morning and come back and do the rides we want to do their in the evening. We are going to concentrate on the bigger rides in the morning, Spash mountain, Indiana Jones, POTC, and get as many fast passes as possible (I have been carefully studying Hydroguys plan.) then we will be able to use them throughout the rest of the day. Then when we are ready for a break we can slip over to DCA eat lunch catch the 1:55 pm Aladin and hopefully ride the Grizzly before returning to DL for the late afternoon and evening. I did see the park closes at 11:00 pm which will be fine for us as I don't think we would make it much later then that anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter