Disneyland Hotel, Three Sleeping Surfaces to Ensure Happy Hearts

Little E

DIS Veteran
I need a little advice from my Disboard friends. We are headed to Disneyland in July, 2018 for the first time and we are staying at the Disneyland Hotel. We have a standard room booked, and my family really needs three sleeping surfaces. My family consists of me, DH, DS 16, and DS 13. The 16 year old refuses to sleep with the little brother, understandably because brother is a BLENDER when he sleeps. I was under the impression that rooms can sleep up to five, with a daybed or pulldown bed. Little brother is a tiny dude, so a daybed or pulldown bed would work just fine for him.

However, I've seen POV videos that show standard rooms with just two queen beds. Yikes! What do I need to do to make sure we have a shot at the extra sleeping surface? I completely understand that probably families of five get priority for the three sleeping surfaces, but I want to do everything possible that I can to secure that third bed. I need two teens with happy hearts for what I assume will be our only trip to DL. We are there for a short time at the end of an RV trip in CA, so we are only at the DL Hotel for three nights and two days in the parks. Coming off of a week of sleeping in an RV, we'll all need our space! :tongue:

Any advice about requests for sleeping surfaces would be so appreciated! We value this over tower placement or any type of view. Thanks in advance for your advice!

I can tell you that when we stayed at the DLH our standard room in the Fantasy tower had a sofa bed but my parents standard room right next door did not. Our room was somewhat bigger than their room. The bathrooms were set up differently too. We were a family of three and they were a family of two. I would call the reservation line and make a request for a room with a pull out sofa bed.

We were a party of 2 staying in Adventure tower and got a sofa bed in a standard room without asking. We didn't even need it.

All you can do is request it and make it your only request- but you cannot get a guarantee. Bring a sleeping bag if separate sleeping arrangements are a necessity or switch to PPH where it's guaranteed.

The rooms all seem to be configured differently there. I know when we booked a stay there last Summer, I was looking to see if the rooms did in fact have double sinks, and I was told it was hit or miss. I ultimately cancelled because I wanted to stay somewhere that I KNEW what I was getting. Especially for a $500plus price tag

We have been in the same situation. Can you add one more person to your reservation to ensure you get the pull out couch (daybed)?

We've always listed 5 adults on our reservation to help get the daybed and we have gotten it every time. I'd call and see if you can update your reservation to say you have 5 going.

Do they charge extra for the extra adults that don’t really exist? Could we add an extra child that doesn’t exist or does it have to be an adult to get the extra bed? Any party of 5?

If you book for 5 people you’ll automatically get the sofa bed/daybed. If you book as 4 people you’ll have to request the extra bed but we were told they go to those with 5 people first.

Our kids don't like sleeping together either, so we've taken to carrying an air mattress with us when we travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts