Disneyland Good Neighbor Whats your Favorite?

We've stayed at several. Here's a list:

- HoJo: we've stayed here the most. We like the Superior Rooms because of the park/fireworks views. Plus my kids really love the mini-water park, though the oldest two are just about too big for it. It's really good for 11 and under, I'd say. The walk is right at the outer range of where you want to walk to the parks. Around half a mile. Rooms are big enough to put in a rollaway/air mattress for our third child. Rooms are clean and fairly up to date. Customer service is always great. Prices are usually really good here.

- Camelot Inn: Looks classic at the front, looks a little too classic everywhere else. The rooms were sorta small and not up to date at all. Parking costs extra and can be a pain. It's right next to McDonalds and Panera, so breakfast in the morning is real easy.

- Tropicana: Very clean rooms and up to date, but small. If you have a 5th person, this is not the resort for you. But it's very close to the gate.

- Park Place Inn: Rooms are a little outdated, but they have pull-out couches for the 5th person. Costs a bit more than the Trop or Camelot. Also has breakfast next door at Captain Kidd's, which was surprisingly good. Very close to the gate. Parking can be tight. I'd probably be tempted to stay here again for proximity and food.

Park Vue Inn: Very close to the park. Rooms are a bit rugged looking, but they do have rooms that can fit a big crew. Not my favorite by a long shot.

HoJo is definitely our favorite because of the min-water park, views, and price.

Thanks for the review! We are staying there in 5 days! Can't wait!!! Our 'kids' are 18-22, so was worried the pool area would not be interesting to them :)

My kids can have fun in a mud puddle to be honest LOL. They are pretty easy going. The main pool isn't deep by any means, but they still had a great time!

I'm going to give you a tip though....one day our room wasn't cleaned, we came back at like 445 and she was doing another room down the hall. I needed to shower, so I asked for towels, etc. Then called to the desk at 5 and was told they all went home for the day. Not sure what happened there! But, they told us to let them know at the desk in the morning when we were leaving and they would clean us first thing each day! So I would do that!

Also, this was a celebration trip for my son for his Graduation...so I mailed them decorations in advance, and they were kind enough to hang them all up in our room for us! And they upgraded us to the pool view vs. standard (we do have Platinum status, so that could've been why) So if you are celebrating anything, let them know!

Hotel Menage is really close and clean. I used to stay at the Howard Johnson all the time as a kid and it's directly across the street so only a ten minute walk, same for Menage. My friends just stayed at the new Hilton property and loved it but they said its a bit of a walk with kids.

- Park Place Inn: Rooms are a little outdated, but they have pull-out couches for the 5th person. Costs a bit more than the Trop or Camelot. Also has breakfast next door at Captain Kidd's, which was surprisingly good. Very close to the gate. Parking can be tight. I'd probably be tempted to stay here again for proximity and food.
I was talking about this location with my DW last week and she mentioned that reviews on Disboards for Captain Kidd's were really bad and that there's no way she'd take the kids in there. Now I'm going to have to do some digging to find these reviews, maybe things have improved there.

Like Jedi Mouse suggested, we have also stayed at BWPPI in their mini suites several times and been happy. In fact it's usually our first pick although it is a little snug with five adult size people. We've also stayed in the suites at Camelot, which gives you deals if you stay at least five nights. This year we are trying Desert Inn & Suites in their C1 suite which has 4 queen beds and 1 1/2 bathrooms for $219 (I booked early for a better rate) so we'll see how we like that. I know the kids will be pleased to have their own beds.
I would love your suggestions on hotel choices. I also have a family of 5 and my kids are 15, 12, and 9. Always seems to narrow down choices of where to stay with 5 of us and my 3 kids can not all share one bed! Thanks!
Not sure why this post came out topsy turvy!!

My kids can have fun in a mud puddle to be honest LOL. They are pretty easy going. The main pool isn't deep by any means, but they still had a great time!

I'm going to give you a tip though....one day our room wasn't cleaned, we came back at like 445 and she was doing another room down the hall. I needed to shower, so I asked for towels, etc. Then called to the desk at 5 and was told they all went home for the day. Not sure what happened there! But, they told us to let them know at the desk in the morning when we were leaving and they would clean us first thing each day! So I would do that!

Also, this was a celebration trip for my son for his Graduation...so I mailed them decorations in advance, and they were kind enough to hang them all up in our room for us! And they upgraded us to the pool view vs. standard (we do have Platinum status, so that could've been why) So if you are celebrating anything, let them know!
Awesome!! Great tips!! Our youngest just graduated and we are celebrating our 25th :) And we plan to come back everyday at 2:00 to cool down :) Having a clean room would be super! :) Thanks for the tips!!!

I was talking about this location with my DW last week and she mentioned that reviews on Disboards for Captain Kidd's were really bad and that there's no way she'd take the kids in there. Now I'm going to have to do some digging to find these reviews, maybe things have improved there.

The breakfast is a bit different. You actually go up to the second floor to eat. Most of the online bad reviews were for lunch and dinner and how some food sits out all day and it wasn't quality to begin with. With the breakfast, it's eggs, bacon, ham, pancakes, muffins, cereals, toast, yogurt, milk and juice. Pretty hard to screw up these items. And everything is made that morning.

I, too, was worried when I found out the breakfast was at Kidd's. But I kept my mouth shut, didn't tell anyone else, and we went over there and had 3 good breakfasts that week. Definitely nothing to worry about.

We just stayed at the Residence Inn at Maingate and loved it. We had the 2 bedroom penthouse room which had a bedroom and bathroom downstairs with 2 queen beds and a loft with a king bed and a bathroom, plus a pull-out couch in the living room downstairs. It also had a full kitchen. The staff at the hotel was super nice!! We were traveling with myself, my husband, our two kids (4 and 11 months), my mom, my Aunt, and my Cousin, so there were 7 of us. We fit comfortably and no one was cramped. It was a 10 minute walk to the parks that was easy. The breakfast was great and free!! And, my new favorite feature, they will grocery shop for you and add it to your bill. We discovered our formula was not quite going to make it and we were running low on baby snacks and wipes. Gave them a list before we left in the morning and our items were waiting in our room when we got back. It was reasonably priced as well. Aslo, the pool was open 24 hours which was nice because we pull long days in the parks so it was nice to have the option of a swim even late.

We just stayed at the Residence Inn at Maingate and loved it. We had the 2 bedroom penthouse room which had a bedroom and bathroom downstairs with 2 queen beds and a loft with a king bed and a bathroom, plus a pull-out couch in the living room downstairs. It also had a full kitchen. The staff at the hotel was super nice!! We were traveling with myself, my husband, our two kids (4 and 11 months), my mom, my Aunt, and my Cousin, so there were 7 of us. We fit comfortably and no one was cramped. It was a 10 minute walk to the parks that was easy. The breakfast was great and free!! And, my new favorite feature, they will grocery shop for you and add it to your bill. We discovered our formula was not quite going to make it and we were running low on baby snacks and wipes. Gave them a list before we left in the morning and our items were waiting in our room when we got back. It was reasonably priced as well. Aslo, the pool was open 24 hours which was nice because we pull long days in the parks so it was nice to have the option of a swim even late.
We'll be staying there for a few days starting Sunday. Glad to hear the great review! And thanks for including walk time to the park.

Park Place Inn provides their own food and just rents the second floor of Captain Kidd's for their breakfast.

Have you stayed at BWPPI since they remodeled the rooms? They look pretty nice now I think!

We've loved HoJo's but this time will be trying the new Hyatt House at the corner of Harbor and Katella. Has great reviews so far. Should be a 10 min walk to the gates.

Favorites Order:
Candy Cane Inn
Hilton Anaheim
Residence Inn Maingate
Double Tree Suites
Homewood Suites

We like to stay at either Best Western or Hilton properties. The BW PPI is in a great location but books up fast. We can never find a room for the days we needed. So, instead we stay the Stovall's. The walk seems longer now that the short cut through the GCH is a no-no.
Now that are kids are older and bigger, we like more room at the Doubletree Suites, Homewood Suites, or Embassy Suites. The Homewood Suites Convention Center is right next to the Toy Story parking lot, making it one of our favorites for convenience, includes breakfast and a kitchenette.

The breakfast at BWPPI is just IN captain kidd's, UPSTAIRS.....the food is provided by BWPPI and NOT captain kidd's.....BW is just using the space there. So, Yeah, no on captain kidds, but the free breakfast for BWPPI is fine!

Oh and the "good neighbor" designation should not be taken as any kind of recommendation or meeting any certain specifications.....it is for marketing in conjunction with Disney only.
Preference is Harbor Blvd between Hojo and Katella.....short walking distances. We do NOT want to hassle with ART shuttles, etc. We like Candy Cane Inn best...they do have a free shuttle but it is an easy walk to the parks. Though, the shuttle is nice at the end of a long day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!