Disneycub does Disney in December - Part 8

disneycub

King of Hugs & Smoochies!
Let me preface this report by telling you that it was around 70 degrees in Orlando on Sunday afternoon. By the time we got to Denver on Sunday evening, it was 6 degrees out and snowing. After I recover from the trip, I think I'm moving to California or Orlando. :D

Sunday, December 10th was our last day in WDW. It proved to be a doozy.

Slept in AGAIN, and went to MGM around 10:30 am after checking out of the WL. The park was extremely busy, it seemed. Got a Fast Pass for RNRC, and spent the extra time shopping.

We were in the last car for RNRC, and let me tell you, it's a completely different experience. The ride there is fairly rough compared to the middle or front of the limo. In any case, I walked out of the ride a very unpleasant shade of white and green. So much for theme park rides for the rest of the day. Oh well, time for more shopping before heading to the airport.

I bought a couple more knicknacks that I absolutely had to have, and on my way out, I was stopped by a survey taker person, who said she'd just take a couple of minutes. Wrong. Sorry, I don't think it's Disney's business to know how many people live with me and what my income is. While I was refusing to answer questions, I reached back for my checkbook for one reason or the other. Guess what? No checkbook. I instantly went into a state of panic. There was nothing much in the checkbook, just my driver's license, credit cards, debit cards, and practically my entire life.

I went back to the shop where I'd made my last purchase. No checkbook. Went to the lost and found. No checkbook. By this time I was almost hysterical, which ain't purdy. Finally decided to sit down, and try to remember my checking account number, the 800 numbers of the bank that carried my credit cards. Remembering numbers is one thing I do well so that was no problem.

I learned the hard way that a person is not able to make 800 or 877 calls from a Disney pay phone. What are these people thinking? Do they have to charge for everything? I paid .75 to call an 800 number from my hotel room, which I found outrageous.

Anyway, I finally got off-property and was able to make the calls I needed to cancel checks, credit cards and debit cards. That was a relief, and I started beginning to think clearly again.

After about a pack of cigarettes and a couple dozen cokes, I decided to try one more time at the MGM lost and found before heading to the airport. Unbelievably, the Disney magic started working again. Someone had found my checkbook and turned it in. Nothing was missing. The CM didn't have the name of the person who turned it in, but if you're out there and reading this....bless your heart, and thank you so much.

Had a pretty uneventful trip back to Denver, though I doubt that I'll be flying Frontier again any time soon. Sardine cans come to mind. We did have a few anxious moments going through the clouds in a snowstorm, but soon we were on the ground.

I got myself completely lost driving home, and somehow wound up circling Denver International several times in whiteout conditions before I finally figured out where we were. 2 hours later I was home.

Despite some things that went wrong with this trip, for the most part they were completely outweighed by the things that went right. I'll try and pull my thoughts together later on, and give you my "good, bad and ugly" list, as well as a breakdown on money spent.

Thanks for reading

Steve
naughty.GIF
boldpurple.GIF

DL - 61,65,68,80,86,87,88,97,99
WDW - 98(DxL), Oct 2000 (Off-site) Dec 2000(WL), 10/01 (WLV), More to come.....

Oh my goodness! What a day! I'm glad that the magic finally took over and you found your stuff. Thanks for posting such great reports!

image1.gif
<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

What an interesting day you had, Steve. :eek: I'm glad you got your wallet back. :)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. You did a great job. :)

Lisa

<p align=center> <font color=#FF0000 font size=4> Happy Holidays</font>
gift41.gif

<A HREF="http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/lisatx/index.html" TARGET=_blank> <font color=blue font face="Times New Roman" >Visit my DISney website -
trip reports and scrapbook pages!</A>

Thank heavens your wallet/checkbook was found and turned in. Sounds (except for the jacket - lol) you had a great trip. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter