disney world Alone !!!!

gleap003

Earning My Ears
ok so i have been to disney world 5 times with the kids and wife, shortest trip 8 days longest 18 days. my wife went last year with a friend. now I'm going in march 5-15 and my friend backed out and it looks like I'm doing this alone and I'm ok with that any dis dads do this any pointers my love is Epcot and i really think i will be there most of this trip.

Jealous! I would love to do WDW on my own!

I would be spending most of my time at EPCOT as well. And the fact that Flower and Garden will be going on will provide you an opportunity to sample the many food booths that will be present. With 10 days to spend, make sure you take the time to do the things you wouldn't typically do when your family is with you. Check out the resorts, take pictures, park hop, and definitely take advantage of single rider opportunities!

Have fun!

Not a dad am a mom but I've gone on a number of solo trips and love them. I stay at the Epcot resorts and am there every day no matter what other parks I visit. I go during F&G and F&W and love just walking around and sampling at the booths. When you are solo you can go slow and just enjoy the place. Visit the resorts (bars cough cough) lay by the pool, sleep in, whatever. Have fun.

Ok so i have only gone in summer and once in December I.E i have children in school and live in social.
so i booked my trip and then heard about the F&G and really not really interested in it. but that being said anyone gone scott you where saying something about having food booths so is it kinda like F&W i don't want to plant a tree drinking under one with some food is more my speed

Ok so i have only gone in summer and once in December I.E i have children in school and live in social.
so i booked my trip and then heard about the F&G and really not really interested in it. but that being said anyone gone scott you where saying something about having food booths so is it kinda like F&W i don't want to plant a tree drinking under one with some food is more my speed

This is exactly right - kinda like a mini food and wine. Booths scattered through-out World Showcase featuring appetizer size bites of different food types. Trust me, I'm know Flower and Garden type of guy - I just love it for the food booths. Although the flowers they display in EPCOT, particularly the ones around the lagoon near Future World are spectacular!

Spent many solo days at Disney and thoroughly enjoyed them. Take advantage of the food booths at Epcot, as said, it is a mini Food and Wine. I don't like to sit solo at a table while dining (dinner mostly) but many of the restaurants have bar areas that serve the full menu. If you go to DHS, Tune In Lounge is a fun spot if you like 50's Primetime and the outdoor seating area at the Brown Derby is nice. Can't think of any at Epcot. Sanaa, Flying Fish, California Grill are just a few resort restaurants that have chef tables/bars that are good dining locations. If you are staying at an Epcot resort, for me at least, ESPN is a must do.

Don't be afraid to engage Cast Members wherever you go. They are generally outgoing and love to chat. Same with guests. The best advice is simple, do what you want, when you want and enjoy.

Doing the DP and I really don't mind eating alone I love a nice meal and I would rather sit solo at TS thin get a over priced burger from QSR

Went twice on my own during business. Only one day both times, but went to Epcot both times, as well. Just hoped in the car after a morning meeting, and went. No plan, just wandered, took pictures of stuff without anyone rolling their eyes, sat at Rose and Crown and enjoyed a beverage......or three, and did stuff the wife and the kids don't care about (Circlevision!).

It was great. I hope once the kids are much older I can do it again, as my wife isn't a huge Disney fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter