Disney Wonder: 7 Night Mexican Riviera - October 15th, 2017

@Joy Shah It is not too late. Just fill out this form-v
username:
cabin number:
participants' names (gender/age):
allergies and other restrictions:
favorite characters:
other notes:

Group 1 is closed but Group 2 is open. This group does not have a Facebook component because it is against forum rules. It is
entirely on this site.

@KipperBun
Username: Joy Shah
cabin number: 6064 and 6066
participants' names (gender/age):Joy (37), Kushal (38), Lucy(10),Suzy( 8)Andrew( 6), Olivia (1)
favorite characters: Minni mouse, Cars, Beauty and the beast
other notes:

@Joy Shah It is not too late. Just fill out this form-v
username:
cabin number:
participants' names (gender/age):
favorite characters:
other notes:

Group 1 is closed but Group 2 is open. This group does not have a Facebook component because it is against forum rules. It is
entirely on this site.

Ok thank you! Injust filled out form. Let me know if you didn't see it

Ok thank you! Injust filled out form. Let me know if you didn't see it
If there are two seperate cabins, they will each need to fill out a form. You should also be aware of this rule:

I want to add an additional rule because this came up on my last cruise. We had a family that had two cabins on the list but only gave one gift to each of the other cabins. So for this cruise, every cabin counts as one entrant in the FE. Please do not enter multiple cabins if you only intend to give one gift as a family. Each cabin is responsible for a gift. Thank you.

all of this info, including the list of who is in your group can be found in this post on page 2 of this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ctober-15th-2017.3523328/page-2#post-56918055

Ok re due my forms- thank you. We will enter both rooms

username: Joy Shah
cabin number:6066
participants' names (gender/age):Joy (37), Suzy(8), Lucy (10)
favorite characters:beauty and beast, Minnie
other notes:

username: Kushal Shah
cabin number:6064
participants' names (gender/age):Kushal (38), Andrew(6), Olivia(1)
favorite characters: Star Wars, cars, Minnie
other notes:

Ok re due my forms- thank you. We will enter both rooms

username: Joy Shah
cabin number:6066
participants' names (gender/age):Joy (37), Suzy(8), Lucy (10)
favorite characters:beauty and beast, Minnie
other notes:

username: Kushal Shah
cabin number:6064
participants' names (gender/age):Kushal (38), Andrew(6), Olivia(1)
favorite characters: Star Wars, cars, Minnie
other notes:

I have added your information to Group 2. Have fun!

Thank you! We are so excited. But this will be pur first time doing Fish hooks. What do I do next? Will I get info through this thread or email?

Thank you! We are so excited. But this will be pur first time doing Fish hooks. What do I do next? Will I get info through this thread or email?
Ok, here is a quick primer on how it all works and if I get something wrong, I am sure someone can correct me:
  • On these boards, this is called a Fish Extender or FE for short.
  • Basically there is a fish (some ships may have a starfish instead) outside the door to your room, you hang an FE from that, usually there is a pocket on it for each person in your cabin.
  • Others in your FE group will leave a little gift in your FE. Some choose to leave just a single gift for the entire cabin, some do gifts for each person and others will do a larger gift for the entire cabin and smaller ones for each person. As far as I am aware there is no right or wrong on this, just your personal preference.
    • There aren't a lot of rules about what you can and can't give as the whole point of this is to just be a fun little extra something when you get back to your state room. My opinion though is that you don't want to just give something that you wouldn't like to get yourself. For an example, you probably wouldn't like it if you made these really cool gifts and all that someone else left was a store bought greeting card.
  • For this cruise, KipperBun has chosen to break up the signups into groups of no more than 10 cabins each, you are in Group 2, which is the same group as us. Limiting it to 10 cabins is a really nice way to handle it, as anything more than that can get a bit overwhelming. That being said, you may find that some people will randomly put stuff in as "pixie dusting", usually people do this when they have some extras, maybe a cabin dropped out at the last minute or they bought some stuff that came in multi-packs, etc. Some purposefully buy extras to do this with as well. You don't have to, just letting you know in case it happens so you aren't wondering where something came from.
  • You can see who is in the same group as you at the following post:
  • You can see some examples of the Fish Extenders that people hang at the following thread:
  • One important rule to note for this particular FE group is that when in multiple cabins like you are, each cabin is treated separately, meaning that if someone is giving a cabin gift, they will give a cabin gift to both cabins. This also means that you should give a gift from each of your cabins to each cabin or person in your group.
    • I only have made this rule bold, as this is one that has been established for this particular cruise and is not a general rule for FEs, just how KipperBun has chosen to run it, which is perfectly fine and I think fair, just important to note the rules when they are established.
  • Some groups will assign a particular day to each cabin to deliver, but I don't believe that is the case here and that you can deliver any day that you choose to do so. We usually break it up by deck to deliver when there aren't set delivery days. We have had cruises with both ways of doing it and I personally prefer not having set days to deliver, but just a heads up that this can happen if you decide to do another FE on another cruise.
Again, if someone sees that I have anything wrong, please step in and correct me.

Edit: I was looking for a particular thread, which I still haven't found, but this post has some great basics:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/fe-basics.3602751/#post-57556500

Last edited:
Jan asked in the main dining room if she could have a raw, unseasoned steak for Toby as a treat on our last cruise. Not only did they give it to her, they cut it up for him as well and it was a HUGE steak, she ended up giving him some, refrigerating the remainder and gave him a little each day and boy was he happy about that although he didn't like her putting the rest away each day.

Jan asked in the main dining room if she could have a raw, unseasoned steak for Toby as a treat on our last cruise. Not only did they give it to her, they cut it up for him as well and it was a HUGE steak, she ended up giving him some, refrigerating the remainder and gave him a little each day and boy was he happy about that although he didn't like her putting the rest away each day.

oh my gosh i LOVE that!!!! Our last cruise two years ago Daisy was not raw yet, but they wouldn't give us a raw egg for her meals, so I wasn't even going to try to ask for some raw meat. But now I must! I went through our concierge for the egg maybe that was my mistake last time.

oh my gosh i LOVE that!!!! Our last cruise two years ago Daisy was not raw yet, but they wouldn't give us a raw egg for her meals, so I wasn't even going to try to ask for some raw meat. But now I must! I went through our concierge for the egg maybe that was my mistake last time.
Yeah, just ask your servers, in her case the chef had to come out and verify it was going to a service animal, but do remember to also request no seasoning, as they wanted to season it still......LOL

And of course it wasn't his main source of food, just a treat for him.

Anyone else excited we are now at 90 days?
I've checked my phone app everyday since we booked the trip last year, so to be in double digits is AMAZING!!!:donald::mickeyjum it doesn't help that I can't openly talk about the trip since it's a surprise for both our little girls and we're not telling them until the night before we leave, LOL!

I am not good on message boards. We are PIF, made it by the skin of our teeth. So looking forward to this cruise. It's only 86 days away.

Our server on the Magic was amazing. If you had seen the size of the piece of meat that was brought out you would have been stunned. Toby was the unknown celebrity on the ship. As we were leaving the cruise everyone was telling him goodbye. He sometimes forgets he is on the job and wants to play. Depending upon how our day is going I do allow him to visit with people. We are taking some refresher courses in basic training and the trainer cannot believe how mellow he is. Thinks I should get him certified as a therapy dog besides being my service dog just because of his personality. I like the idea but feel he could get confused. He gets excited when he sees other dogs at work and wants to go say Hello since that is not a normal occurrence for him. We were at a party this week where there were 4 other dogs, all smaller then him. He did great except when the one dog got "friendly" then he growled a little and basically told the other dog to go away. Toby is an Australian cattle dog/lab mix and weighs about 46 pounds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter