Disney Vacation Club website & My Disney Experience Website both down

BobH

DIS Veteran
Can't log into either. Get webpage saying maintenance going on. Tried calling 800-800-9800 and got recording saying "call back later." What do people do when this happens while you are touring the park and you can't access fastpass or dinner reservations? Has it happened to anyone?

I got thru to member services on the phone. All their systems were down too with no timeframe for being up again.

It's a crazy-long outage for a major company like Disney because it started at least yesterday. I was trying to research ticket purchases then and while most of the site was still working the specific ticket selling pages were already down almost 24 hours ago. Now it looks like the outage has expanded to cover almost their entire site. Surprised there isn't more news on this.

I was trying to book a room and managing my waitlist yesterday around 4pm and it was glitchy and took over an hour to complete. I thought it was just the usual glitchiness.

It started yesterday morning. How will this effect activating an annual pass at a park ticket window if the problem isn't resolved by tomorrow morning?

I finally called tech support, after everything was back online and asked what happens if you are in the park and the system crashes. The tech support rep explained that the websites are our interface with the Disney computer files and that the outage should not affect the reservations and fastpasses you already have as long as you remember what your travel party was signed up for. We both laughed after I pointed out that I did not believe that the "in park' part of the system was immune from crashes as well. In addition this problem of system maintenance, in my opinion, was not a truthful comment on the part of Disney. System maintenance should be done after hours when the parks is closed. I agree with the previous poster that this is not acceptable in view of the billions Disney makes. It is highly unacceptable for the people that were at their 180 day, 60 day or 30 day windows and trying to schedule something and were forced to guess what time the system would return online.

I would still very much like to hear if anyone on these boards has been in the park and experienced being blocked from accessing or changing fast passes or dinner reservations because the system was down.

I finally called tech support, after everything was back online and asked what happens if you are in the park and the system crashes. The tech support rep explained that the websites are our interface with the Disney computer files and that the outage should not affect the reservations and fastpasses you already have as long as you remember what your travel party was signed up for. We both laughed after I pointed out that I did not believe that the "in park' part of the system was immune from crashes as well. In addition this problem of system maintenance, in my opinion, was not a truthful comment on the part of Disney. System maintenance should be done after hours when the parks is closed. I agree with the previous poster that this is not acceptable in view of the billions Disney makes. It is highly unacceptable for the people that were at their 180 day, 60 day or 30 day windows and trying to schedule something and were forced to guess what time the system would return online.

I would still very much like to hear if anyone on these boards has been in the park and experienced being blocked from accessing or changing fast passes or dinner reservations because the system was down.

I read today that yes, MyMagic+ was down in the park for hours. People were unable to view or change fastpass reservations, and could not make payments with their magic bands. Sounds like a mess.

I read today that yes, MyMagic+ was down in the park for hours. People were unable to view or change fastpass reservations, and could not make payments with their magic bands. Sounds like a mess.

Thanks Ben. I suspected that was the case. When I talked to Disney's tech support rep. I told hime that I was a grandfather whose first visits to Diseny in the early 1970's were by far more pleasurable than the torturous advance planning process we are involved in now. I hope Disney sorts out its computer issues. It is dragging the whole experience down for people like me who want to continue a family tradition with our children and grand children.

Thanks Ben. I suspected that was the case. When I talked to Disney's tech support rep. I told hime that I was a grandfather whose first visits to Diseny in the early 1970's were by far more pleasurable than the torturous advance planning process we are involved in now. I hope Disney sorts out its computer issues. It is dragging the whole experience down for people like me who want to continue a family tradition with our children and grand children.

I personally am enjoying part of the tech advancement. I was just talking with my wife at dinner about how I waited in line for 3 hours for Splash Mountain and Test Track back in 1999, because that's just how things were done back then. Now, with fastpass+ and monitoring wait times via their mobile app, I never wait more than 20 minutes for much of anything. A lot more planning has to be done, but the trade off has been a lot less waiting for me.
It is extremely frustrating how low-quality their tech is, though. They can spend a billion dollars getting the magic bands up and running so that they can track our every move in the Disney parks, but can't set up a website that stays stable for more than a few days at a time, or can process more than two forms of payment at a time. I should not be looking at Disney, one of the biggest corporations in the world, and wishing that they were more like Target or my local school district when it comes to tech support.

I guess I am being nostalgic about the days when I could brings my children (70's & 80's) and not be concerned that we would get shut out of an experience completely - which can and does happen even with the fast pass+ system. You have to stay in the park & use the system or get left standing at the end of a very long lines with disappointed grandchildren. For what we pay and what Disney makes in profit I agree think they could do much better in terms of their computer system operation.
Here is another good one for you. I recently did an online check-in at Old Key West Resort and the online system would not allow me to complete the check in process unless I assigned Pin numbers to Magic Bands for absolutely everyone on my reservation - including my 8 year old grand daughter, 5 year old grandson and 2 year old grandson. Obviously none of these children will have charging privileges. I called Disney reservations & tech support again and got no sensible answer for this situation either. If anyone at Diseny is doing quality control on their software they are out to lunch.

Here is another good one for you. I recently did an online check-in at Old Key West Resort and the online system would not allow me to complete the check in process unless I assigned Pin numbers to Magic Bands for absolutely everyone on my reservation - including my 8 year old grand daughter, 5 year old grandson and 2 year old grandson. Obviously none of these children will have charging privileges. I called Disney reservations & tech support again and got no sensible answer for this situation either. If anyone at Diseny is doing quality control on their software they are out to lunch.

I had to assign one for what was at the time an 18 month old. That was something special.
I know exactly what you mean about the technology being intrusive. I was excited when my wife got a new phone, mostly so she could get the new MDE app on it and I would not have to manage all of the fastpasses and reservations all the time.
Having bought into Disney for the next 43 years, I can only hope that things get better sooner rather than later. But, having paid attention to the tech side over the past few years, I am sadly not holding my breath. Maybe if their stock continues to stagnate, they will put even more money into the parks as money makers, and realize that they need better tech support to get people to keep coming back. That is probably our best hope to having technology that is both useful and not so bothersome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!