Disney Vacation Accounts Going Away

miTnosnhoJ

DIS Veteran
I got the notice today. It was good while it lasted. I paid for DVC dues, APs and an Adventures By Disney Trip through the DVA. There are four options for getting your money back. If you take your money back in a Disney Gift Card, you get a 5% bonus.

The email says 9/27/2017 to act on the 4 options that they are offering to DVA members.

It says no new contributions will be taken in the email, so you won't be able to add more funds to get the 5% bonus

My 5% bonus works out to $1.00. I wonder if they will send a separate gift card. I applied for my 2% bonus about two months ago and have not received it yet.

Disney Vacation Accounts Going Away
I got the notice today. It was good while it lasted. I paid for DVC dues, APs and an Adventures By Disney Trip through the DVA. There are four options for getting your money back. If you take your money back in a Disney Gift Card, you get a 5% bonus.
I can't wait to read the headlines when confusion hits the media: Disney Vacation Club going away! DVC turns its back on owners of the past 26 years and dissolves the Vacation Club. DVC owners left without any recourse. Etc.

Option 1 actually worked out better for me - as i hadn't reached my $20 GC/$1000 spent, so the 5% addition was $23!! -- nothing huge but i guess a good way to close out my account --couple more mickey ice creams for the family!

My last batch of GC's from Sam's are being delivered today, just missed an additional $150 bonus.

:earsboy: Bill

Bummed this is going away. Might explain why Sam's now has $500 gift cards in stock though..

Bummed this is going away. Might explain why Sam's now has $500 gift cards in stock though..

Maybe because Sam's Club knows you need nothing less than $500 per day for a Disney Vacation when it is not a DVC vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter