Disney shaming

I have one relative in my husband's family who is so bewildered by my love of Disney, she has to analyze it by saying (to me and others when I'm not present) that I must love Disney because it reminds me of when I was a child and my family was intact and happy before my parents divorce, etc. Um, sorry, no, that's not it! She simply cannot accept that I simply just love Disney, it's so unfathomable to her. It does bother me that some people just can't accept that different things make people happy, it's not so odd, and there's nothing wrong with that!

I was just at a picnic where one mom said to her friends, "so I'm going to Disneyland next week." I couldn't tell if it was a brag or a "oh god I have to go again" but her friend looked at her disapprovingly and said "again?! You we're just there!" And the first mom said "it's not me, family decided last minute to visit and go". I tried to chime in with "I'd go to Disneyland two weeks in a row if I could" but I'm surprised the second mom cared, unless there's some backstory I don't know about the first mom not liking it (I don't think that's the case). I just think 2nd mom doesn't get why you'd spend money there, but personally I don't get how she loves running and marathons, but I wouldn't say something rude about it to her, we all like different stuff and your co-workers can go pound sand!

I've spent years talking about vacationing in Disneyland and the reactions start with:
"But Disney is for kids. You don't have kids." to...
"You should go to Cuba. It's cheaper." and then moves along to...
"My favourite Disney movie is *insert fav movie title*. I'd eat breakfast with *insert main character here*. And I like rides." to...
"Oh wait, that's California and they have In n' Out burger. That sounds really good. *looks at Disneyland website* What's a Dole Whip? I want one!" to...
"I should go there next year for my vacation."
It's like watching therapy in action.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!