Disney Right of First Refusal Prediction

KANSAS

DIS Veteran
The intent on my thread it to get predictions and thoughts from others.
I will list the final results on the Disney Right of First Refusal July 1,2017 to September 30,2017 thread when I get an answer from Disneyon Right of First Refusal.
I purchased a Disney Saratoga 160 Point contract for $72 per point August Use Year
160 Points on August 1,2018. I will pay all closing costs

I first thought that I was wasting my time, when I saw the lowest Saratoga Spring contract at $85 per Point on many Disney Vacation Club resale Websites. I then saw many Disney Saratoga contracts getting passed over by Disney at $71 to $74 Per point. I am now excited that I may get past Disney Right of First Refusal at $72 per point

I would appreciate any thoughts

I don't think they're bothering with Saratoga right now unless they need points for a specific UY direct purchase request. They have 3 live resorts and they have a timeline to sell through CCV before Riviera comes on line.

I say that the majority of things that are taken has more to do with the use year and then price following closely behind it. I think that they are looking for Aug, Sept, Oct use years right now. However, the amount of contracts Disney takes in the grand scheme of things probably isn't as high as it is on here. I like to think that it is because this board is full of very knowledgeable people who bargain for the best price ;)

Disney's ROFR may look completely random, the truth is that it is random, but not completely. They seem to dislike contracts without current UY points, so you may have good luck with it.

It's all about the numbers with Disney. If your contract gets them the numbers that they want, they will take the contract. Their numbers change daily.

:earsboy: Bill

I have made 3 offers on saratoga, Sept, Aug use years...2 have been taken...1 is still pending... one had current year points, the other didn't ... when we made our 3rd offer, the "realtor" told my hubby that because of the price we offered (and was accepted) we would have a 20 percent chance of getting "taken" as opposed to being a couple of dollars higher. I think its baloney. I think it all has to do with use year & what requests disney is getting directly..... i would be interested to see what you come up!

I had a 110 point Saratoga contract taken in June at 83/pt

That being said the same week several others passed at similar prices so it feels totally random.

Good luck!

It's all in the numbers and making profit, period. They don't always have someone on the waitlist. Disney works with resale brokers to sell contracts.

It's all in the numbers and making profit, period.

Of course it is. The problem is that we don't know their numbers, we don't know how many people they have on a WL, we don't know their policies for ROFR which may change at any time depending on how sales are going. So to us, it looks random.

Of course it is. The problem is that we don't know their numbers, we don't know how many people they have on a WL, we don't know their policies for ROFR which may change at any time depending on how sales are going. So to us, it looks random.

The reason that I beat the "money" subject to death is that Disney does a great job of getting people to think that it isn't about the money. Knowing the truth and knowing how they operate allows us to get the best bang for our money and gives us a better understanding of why they do things and what to expect next. They have a policy of not sharing how and why they do things which reduces scrutiny and the possibility of finding their mistakes, errors or other issues.

Knowing the truth and knowing how they operate allows us to get the best bang for our money and gives us a better understanding of why they do things and what to expect next.

Which is exactly the reason it's better for them to not disclose their policy.
If we knew they have a policy that contracts without current year points are never ROFRed, then everyone would ask to transfer points to their account first and then send the contract to ROFR. But we don't know, so they get contracts with current UY points that give them more money. So to keep things uncertain, they sometime ROFR stripped contracts. All of this is purely hypotetical, just an example on how things could work, but we don't know. Which is their point.

I bought Dec SSR 250 points last December with half 2015 points banked, full 2016 points, and seller paid closing for $75/point. Prices have definitely creeped higher but I don't think it's due to higher ROFR at SSR but more to do with less supply on resale market. You should be fine unless they are really low on Aug points.

I hope you're not paying 2017 MFs, since you're not getting those points. Assuming you're not paying MFs, this contract is basically like paying $82 a point if it were to have the 2017 points coming in a few days. I don't see them taking this contract.

My contract as a seller is pending at this point. The broker said Disney is taking a looong time to determine if they will employ their FROR because of the C-19 situation with employees on furlough or working from home.

Does anyone have any insight? The contract was signed about a week ago. I need the money to help a family member who was impacted by C-19.

Based on the current ROFR thread, it seems to be taking around 5-6 weeks for contracts to pass ROFR, and then an additional 2-3 weeks for Estoppel.

My contract as a seller is pending at this point. The broker said Disney is taking a looong time to determine if they will employ their FROR because of the C-19 situation with employees on furlough or working from home.

Does anyone have any insight? The contract was signed about a week ago. I need the money to help a family member who was impacted by C-19.

My contract went May 5th and still waiting. I would assume at least the 30 days...nothing can be done to rush it through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!