Disney Rewards Card and AAA package *updated*

my3kids

<font color=blue>Helpful Cruise Board regular!<br>
I asked on the budget board but no one responded so I'll check here. I am assuming that with my reward dollars transferred to a card I can call the AAA agent and have them apply the value to the package payment, right? I have way more dollars than I need to eat on while there so I want to put a chunk on the package price befor the final payment is due in October.

It will work like that, right? The AAA agent will get Disney Travel on the phone and they can process the numbers from the Rewards Card??

I think that should work as long as AAA calls Disney to apply the payment. The rewards card that you have the points transferred to works just like a credit/debit card.

That's what I thought since I know it can be used on Disney packages when you call them to pay toward the account. I am figuring AAA will just go between the 2 of us and get it processed.

Just a thought...save some of those reward$$ for souvenirs!! It was fast and easy shopping with that card. :)

My understanding is that with the Disney Rewards Card you can only book directly through disney, like we booked through getawaytoday and could NOT use our points.

Let us know what happens though because I would like to know for future reference.

minnietoo said:
what's a Disney rewards card? please explain these points - thanks

You get 1% back on your purachses from you Disney Visa in the form of a rewards card. $1,000 purchase gets you 10 points ($) for example. You can use rewards card to make purchases at disneyland resort. We've had our card for a little more than year and was able to accrue enough points ($) to pay for 4 character meals with it on our last trip.

victorandbellasmom said:
You get 1% back on your purachses from you Disney Visa in the form of a rewards card. $1,000 purchase gets you 10 points ($) for example. You can use rewards card to make purchases at disneyland resort. We've had our card for a little more than year and was able to accrue enough points ($) to pay for 4 character meals with it on our last trip.

thanks - I get mile per dollar on my citibank card for free airfare - not sure it would be worth it for me to switch to a Disney Visa as it is only 1% of purchases that are rewarded and that would dilute my miles accural. Thanks for the info though.

I'm still waiting for the card to come. Last time it was almost immediately. Seems kind of slow this go around. I will post back right away after I get the card and call AAA. I'm pretty sure it will be fine. They sell their packages through agents. My deposit was charged by Disney, not AAA. I'm hoping it will arrive today.

No problem at all. I called AAA and said I wanted to make a payment on the package with my Rewards Card. She called Disney and that was it. No problem at all. :sunny:

I just checked on the Chase site to see if all went through as planned and the points are already deducted from my card. Yahoo! That is like a nice $250 coupon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter