Disney Passholder shopping event at Wide World of Sports 24

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Hello. Was at WDW this past September and was eagerly awaiting the shoppping event at the sports zone, when I had to unexpectedly cut my girls trip short. Is this scheduled again for September 2024? Would love to rebook the shopping trip. Thanks.

Idk if/when one will happen as it was the first time they ever did a merch event like that on a grand scale
They did briefly have a pop up shop in Epcot right when things opened post pandemic closure though that was mostly just shirts/phone cases/magic bands branded with past passholder magnet designs

It was pretty terrible. I wouldn't recommend planning your trip around it. A lot of the items we were looking around saying "what elaborate contract required a company to make this?"

You had to get a cue going and then once you were cleared in the cue you had to wait 30-40 minutes to enter. It was very disappointing.

It was pretty terrible. I wouldn't recommend planning your trip around it. A lot of the items we were looking around saying "what elaborate contract required a company to make this?"

You had to get a cue going and then once you were cleared in the cue you had to wait 30-40 minutes to enter. It was very disappointing.
I will say lots of TikTok & Instagram resellers just standing there with bags of stuff going live taking orders

That said it was a very mixed bag of items…. I ended up with some Epcot branded loungewear items and a Disney Afternoon tumbler

I didn't want to comment on the event itself because its not what the OP was asking about. But since you opened the door, i will add that calling the event "terrible" is charitable. Granted, I went on the last day, so maybe that made a difference, but it was awful. I could not wait to get out of there. Just a chaotic, loud mess filled with mostly crappy merchandise. My partner ended up buying a few things, but we spent an entire afternoon waiting to get in there and shopping through the chaos just to get about seventy bucks worth of stuff. Not worth it at all. I wouldn't even go again if there were no line. So i definitely wouldn't plan a trip around it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter