Disney on Vinyl...

Tink rules

<font color=teal>The kids in my family sometimes t
Anyone have any of the old Disney records on Vinyl? I wish I still had the old ones we had (I think they just got too many scratches on it and got tossed along the way...)

I did not have the vinyl but last September the Haunted Mansion promo came out on CD. Here is a blurb:
The Story and Song from The Haunted Mansion

Forty years ago, 999 happy haunts took up residence in Disneyland at the personal invitation of Walt Disney himself, who built an elegant mansion and promised his ghostly guests creaking doors and creaking floors, replete with hot and cold running chills. One of the most beloved attractions at Disney Theme Parks, The Haunted Mansion gates and crypts creaked open in New Orleans Square at Disneyland on August 9, 1969. The Story and Song from The Haunted Mansion was a Disneyland Records Storyteller released the same year to commemorate the opening of the attraction. Although intended as a promotional album, the recording has become a cherished childhood memory for many Disneyland guests. The release includes original scenes and effects that never made it into the final attraction as it follows the story of two teenagers (voiced by Robie Lester and a young Ron Howard) who take refuge inside the eerie mansion during a mysterious rainstorm. The CD includes a bonus track, "Grim Grinning Ghosts," the theme song to the attraction written by X. Atencio, with music by Buddy Baker. The cover and booklet was graphically reconstructed and restored by Sean Tejaratchi from the original illustrations by artist Collin Campbell. The enhanced CD also includes a Digital Image Gallery (which can be accessed by inserting the CD into a computer) of high quality images from Campbell’s original paintings for the album.

The Story and Song from The Haunted Mansion will be at Disney Theme Parks on 9/9/09 and available nationwide on 9/22/09.

I have Disney on Vinyl.
I have 2 sets of 45's - mine and my sisters. For LP's - I have Small World, Pinnochio and the Country Bears Jamboree.

I am not sure what else is in the milk crate. DD has played a couple of them

I think I need to check on ebay to see if they have any of the ones that I had growing up... :goodvibes

I have a small collection of vintage Disney vinyl. I don't listen to them, but the artwork is classic. :earsboy:

Not a very big collection, but I have Fantasia, Country Bear Jamboree, Enchanted Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents, Disco Mickey, several picture disks (LPs with animated prints imprinted on the vinyl), several Annette, about a half dozen soundtracks to animated classics. Last year on ebay, I found an old lp with recorded interviews with celebrities. About 1/2 of one side is an interview with Walt. The album is pristine condition and I just love it. It's hard to find old ones in good condition, but the hunt is fun.

Kathy

That's got to be quite a collection!

Kathy... PM me please... I have your disk waiting for you!!! :thumbsup2 I need your address!

I have
Learning to Tell Time is Fun
A Child's Introduction to Melody
Mickey's Christmas Carol
Acting out the ABCs

I have some read along records like Alice in Wonderland but im not sure where they are. I also remember having a disney record with patriotic songs from the late 70s, molly ringwald sang on it. I'm sure i have more but havnt gone thru all the records in the basement yet.

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to DISboards.

I just saw this post regarding Disney on vinyl. I think it's great Disney is releasing some of their older LP records on CD. Fun stuff! I purchased on ebay for my christmas present "The Story of the Haunted Mansion". It's great!

I have a Disney Christmas album, the Official WDW Soundtrack, and the Fox and the Hound (although the book pages are missing the cover is intact).

i have lps from the early 70's, they are the movies with the soundtracks and pictures to follow the record. I have like 8 of them.

The only two I can remember are the soundtrack for Pete's Dragon and The Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House...complete with the party ideas insert. ;)

Disney on vinyl? GAWD, yes!!! I pick up nearly everything Disney on CD as well. If there is anything on vinyl that hasn't yet been released on CD, I take it to a friend and he converts it digitally for me.

Gotta have my Disney music, etc!!!! You should see the playlists on my iPod! LOL. So much DISNEY!!!

:woohoo:

I need to see if my parents still have it but we used to have the Country Bears Jamboree. I use to look at it all the time when I was little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter