Disney Movies Anywhere changing to Movies Anywhere?

BillSears

DIS Veteran
Has anyone set up your new account yet? I just got an email saying that Disney and others are combining into a new service.

So how did the new service work out for you?

Yep, I set it up. I got my 5 free digital movies for adding two retailers (although I already owned Big Hero 6), and downloaded the app on my phone and tablet, but for almost a week, I couldn't get the movies to play on either device. But then when I tried again on Thursday, all of a sudden it worked! One of my Disney movies isn't showing up in my library, although it is showing up in the transaction history. I e-mailed them about it, but so far I've only gotten a response indicating that they've received my e-mail. I can however watch the movie through Amazon Instant Video, which is the retailer I linked to my Disney Movies Anywhere account, so it's not a total loss,

I set it up today. So far I've linked in my Vudu, I guess I should add my Amazon too. It just feel weird giving someone else access to my Amazon account.

I would assume that the only access they have is to your movie library, and I like the fact that I now have a way to watch my Vudu movies on my Kindle, which I didn't before. (I bought a Samsung tablet mainly to have a tablet that I could watch my non-Disney digital movies on.)

I set it up. I didn't even know about the free movies, though most of them I do not want. Apparently it takes an act of congress to delete them. I've only recently started redeeming digital codes on my Blu-rays, mostly to get the Disney rewards, but it is nice to have everything in one place.

I switched over from the old Disney Movies Anywhere app to the new one. For some reason it has a license issue with certain movies, most notably Toy Story of Terror!. Works fine via iTunes but its hit or miss whether Movies Anywhere will play it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter