Disney Moderate Hotel - Which One?

virginatlantic

Earning My Ears
Hi all, I'm a new member, we are just about to book our 10th holiday to Florida in July 2004. As we are in the UK, this takes a little more planning due to the travelling, so we have to get it right.
Having previously stayed in the All Star resorts, we would like to try the next step up. We had planned to stay at the Port Orleans, but the refurbishment has changed our plans.
Any suggestions as to which of the other moderate hotels is suitable for a family of four with two teenagers?
The Carribbean Beach was one idea, but does its large size make any difference? Any information on which areas have been refurbished and how recently would be handy, we have heard that the food court has been done recently. Although, there is also the Coronado Springs that we don't know much about.
I have driven past these hotels, but unfortunately never stopped to have a look.
Many thanks for any tips!:Pinkbounc
Sorry, re-posted it in the correct area!!;)

I suggest you read the thread below about CBR. It contains lots of great information. The rooms are in great shape and the food court is newly refurbished.

We were at the CBR in June '02 and we just loved it. I think the CSR and the CBR are about the same size. We are going to the CBR in August just to try another resort so then I can compare the two.

For now, you will have a wonderful time at the CBR. The room was perfect and super clean. I really liked the wide open spaces and the decorations. It really isn't all that big. It feels like a resort should, not at all like a hotel room. The pools were wonderful. The Parrot Cay island is really neat and the food court was great (it has been redone since we were there).

If you would like to see some pics, click here:
http://community.webtv.net/sktracy

Welcome virginatlantic

I recommend CSR! My family loves this resort. You can check out the website we have dedicated to the resort below. Godd luck deciding!

The Carribean's rooms are slightly bigger than the Coronado's, but the Coronado's pool is nicer. I'd pick the Coronado, but my kids are smaller, and really liked the slide and play area. Teenagers might prefer the Carribean.

First of all... WELCOME!!!! Secondly.... our favorite is POFQ but I am not sure if it will be open by then. Second would be Coronado Springs. I know I am in the minority but we did not enjoy CBR at all.

Thank you everybody for your kind replies! I'm now even more confused! Whichever one I do go for, I will probably go for the other next time!
P.S. mm6mm6 - how did you get the counter in your sig?
:)

I have stayed at a few of the moderates and by far the CBR wins hands down. It was beautiful and we had a great view.
Martinique Bld 26, we had a corner room and I dream about it.
It is my favorite Disney hotel.
This time we are trying the Poly so that may change. But for moderate - GO CBR.

Teenagers will think the slide at CBR is babyish-I felt ridiculous the ONE time I went down it. The one at CSR is MUCH better! I loved both of these resorts, but if I had to choose one it would be CSR-no contest! It has a more "adult" feel to it and there are three themed areas, instead of one theme throughout. You can still get that tropcal theme by staying in the Cabanas if you like. They also had the famous "hamocks". The restaurants were wonderful, rooms were clean and had bright colors. Teh size of this resort is sometimes grossly exaggerated. I walked all around the lake several times. At night, this place is breathtaking!

With teenagers I would choose CSR.

My DH and I are staying at CSR in June. It will be our first stay in a moderate. We chose CSR because of theming, a more "adult" feel, and the wonderful pool. I think all these things would appeal to teens also.

I have one teen and one almost teen, and they both love the look of CSR. They're saying they want to stay there the next time the whole family goes to WDW!

Kaycee

Over the last 10+ years we have vacationed with my brother's family at all of the moderates. Over the years our kids ages have ranged from 18 mos to 20 years. We try different mods, but we always return to CBR. It both the "kids" and the adults favorites. The theming is so tropical. The resort is large, but if you can get a room in either Martinique of Trinidad I, everything is so close. The bus ride to MGM and Epcot is very short. We haven't been since they refurbished the Food Court but I hear good things about it. The rooms have all been redone within the past year so everything is fresh and clean. We like CSR least of all. It had too much of a convention atmosphere for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter