Disney Magic Wedding-Shutters/Venue

Syreeta

Earning My Ears
Hi! We are planning an intimate wedding renewal on the Magic in Fall 2019. (Come on date release lol) Anyway I have found much on onboard weddings on the Magic. Does anyone know the venues we can choose from? Does anyone care to share ship photographer photos from their wedding? The website says you can get married on deck but are there other options? TIA

Here are all my interviews with Disney Cruise Collection couples, including lots of photos: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/category/walt-disney-world/disney-cruise-line/ Several of them used the ship's photographer and a few were on the Magic's sister ship, the Wonder.

Officially the only onboard venue is Deck 10 Aft Overlook. But some brides on the other ships have been able to use the atrium as a ceremony venue and D Lounge as a reception space, so they might let you do that on the Magic too. Or maybe even one of the other nightclubs before they open. You would need to have your planner request approval from the cruise line though.

If photos are very important to you, I strongly suggest you consider bringing a photographer with you. Someone who is newer in her or his career may even do it for just the cost of their stateroom. Onboard photography is contracted through an outside vendor, and the results are hit or miss. Plus many brides complain about wasting their last night aboard frantically going through all their photos trying to decide which ones they want prints of.

Thank you so much. I have listened to ALL the cruise podcasts but I've been doing it during my commute so I haven't looked at the pictures too closely. Listening to the stories is what has me nervous. I'll go back and take a closer look at the photos. Photography is very important but I priced a cabin for one and it's well beyond our budget for this 7 night cruise. Quality is much more important than quantity but we may just have to go with Shutters. Our renewal will only include my husband and three kids so that's why I want to look at venues beyond the aft of the ship but would be totally happy with a deck renewal. Thanks again.

One other idea I've seen done is to connect with other cruisers on your specific cruise (I think the DIS has threads for this, but you prolly know more about that!) and see if any of them happen to be photographers or at least amateur photographers with good equipment. At the very least, one of them might be willing to be your "backup" photographer shooting from a different perspective.

One other idea I've seen done is to connect with other cruisers on your specific cruise (I think the DIS has threads for this, but you prolly know more about that!) and see if any of them happen to be photographers or at least amateur photographers with good equipment. At the very least, one of them might be willing to be your "backup" photographer shooting from a different perspective.

Thanks that’s an excellent idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter