Romaine salad....
nmycdf.jpg

Dinner menu....
qs9us5.jpg

NY strip....
21jnd3l.jpg

Turkey....
hwwo6t.jpg

Our head server grabbed our camera, and took a picture of himself....
2hi5mj4.jpg

Outside of the dessert menu....
9h7x3m.jpg

Dessert menu....
2rlyi6e.jpg

Crepe Suzettes were good....
dh8rvk.jpg

Sweet tempatations....
2923052.jpg

Apple & Blueberry pitiviers....
2j5p1v.jpg

Wow, that food looks so good!

Another great update :)

We're going on the Westbound TA in September so this is very helpful. Thank you for posting your report! Subscribing so I can follow along!
Renee'

Just curious, what TV channels are available while you're out I'm the middle of nowhere?

Just curious, what TV channels are available while you're out I'm the middle of nowhere?

Actually, I didn't watch that much tv. But, the last day of the cruise, I watched the BBC channel, so I could see what the weather was going to be in Munich, Germany. Sorry :confused3 The majority of my tv watching, were Disney animated movies. Wish that the Magic had the DVR, similar to the Dream. It's nice to start a movie, and stop it, and start the movie at the same spot you left off.

After dinner that night, we went to the D lounge to watch Who wants to be a Mouseketeer. After that, we went to the Villain's show....
16m0wom.jpg

On our next day at sea, I went back to Chuck Richardson's presentation....
mhx7k.jpg

Then up to Cabana's for a late breakfast....
2im98uv.jpg

Stopped by the drink station on deck 9....
1r5a44.jpg

Every day at Pete's Boiler Bites (does anyone like that name better than Pluto's Dog House?), they had a different special. One day it was a BBQ sandwich, a Philly Cheesesteak, breaded chicken sandwich, Chili bowl with cornbread, and a Mexican hot dog (I think?)....
i1ihoh.jpg

To the left of Pete's, they served Shawarma. Here is a list of the toppings....
6qfdzt.jpg

The Shawarma was one of my favorite snacks I had. I think I got one 3 times. I always got tatziki and lettuce, on pita. One day I ordered it, and I told the guy I wanted the Shawarma, and he said they didn't have Shawarma today, but the meat was on the skewer (as shown below), so I guess it was beef and/or lamb, like a Gyro. (not sure) But it was still good....
6hoz1h.jpg

Captain America came on at 12:15, so I watched it. Very good movie. I liked it so much, that I watch it later in the cruise. That's the good thing about a long cruise, you have more time to watch movies (if you want)....
6h14es.jpg

After the move, I headed to Cabana's for lunch....
2dv03sj.jpg

Looks like we're about halfway to Funchal, Madiera....
rwtiyf.jpg

Transatlantic Menu....
j0l4ex.jpg

My daughter and Niece went to Palo's this night (both of them had never been), so it was just me and my wife for dinner (so less pictures). First up, was the cheese and bacon tartlet....
161duv7.jpg

Dinner menu....
ra7wgx.jpg

I had the Lobster Tail....
se25gk.jpg

And my wife had the prime rib....
25euw75.jpg

Outside cover of the dessert menu....
27xgsww.jpg

Dessert menu....
se3tky.jpg

Wife had the sundae...
2mzw3n6.jpg

And I had the Sweet Tempatations....
sqhw10.jpg

Went by the Port Adventures desk, and I noticed that this area had been re-imagined also....
2enx4yv.jpg

In Fathoms, when you enter the main entrance, and turn left, this is what this area looks like. Really like this....
16h0rrd.jpg

Kyle Knight & Mistie did a magic show in the Walt Disney Theater. Before the show, he had a chest that everyone got to inspect. It was used in the show....
b5o0f9.jpg

The magic show was good, and at 10:45, Lynn Trefzger did an adult show in Fathoms....
o851zl.jpg

After the show, I checked out O'Gill's, and they had pork dumplings for snacks....
2iuxmia.jpg

On our 4th day at sea, me and my wife went to Lumiere's for brunch....
2cpxnw0.jpg

I had a blueberry Danish, and it was delicious....
110fwau.jpg

I ordered the steak & eggs. It was okay. The steak was a little tough.
n65geg.jpg

After our meal, I went to Animator's Palate to listen to another one of Chuck Richardson's presentations....
bhy7hi.jpg

We were almost over the longest mountain range on earth. I learned this during one of Chuck's presentations. Mid-Atlantic Ridge....
2w3z49g.jpg

Earlier in the cruise, I went to Guest Services, and asked if there were any special "behind the scenes" tours that were going to given in the Walt Disney Theater, or the galley. They told me that Galley tours were available. They told me what times were available, and they printed 4 tickets for me. We met Joshie at the side entrance to Lumiere's at our designated time....
k19ems.jpg

Here is my ticket for the Galley tour....
v3jf60.jpg

We walked in, and gathered at the center of the restaurant, while one of the cast members gave a short speech....
35bikbs.jpg

The chefs for each restaurant were waiting to give tours....
25iudrn.jpg

Our tour guide was the chef of Animator's Palate (Gary from England). We exited Lumiere's thru the door the servers use to the kitchen...
1677e2o.jpg

The first area was for hot foods....
347brdw.jpg

I noticed that even the kitchen has porthole windows....
fuq5ad.jpg

143jref.jpg

I turned around, and took a picture of the area we had just walked thru...
2rcuzgy.jpg

My favorite part. Fresh, hot chocolate chip cookies. This gentleman (Marshall) is the Executive Pastry chef, in charge of all desserts. Needless to say, everybody immediately liked this guy :worship:
2jg8o4m.jpg

These doorways separated the 2 kitchens (Lumiere's and Carioca's)
xgb9c6.jpg

There was a guy in our group, that told the chef his soup was always cold at dinner, and he couldn't find anything he liked at breakfast. :( I feel sorry for the crew that have to put up with people whose glasses are "half empty"! The guy that said this, is not in this photo....
ok7k0m.jpg

Drink area. This particular area, was right near the exit going in to Carioca's...
rh6ald.jpg

Hot food area for Carioca's....
zmhy6e.jpg

Dishwashing machines next to the exit to Carioca's....
30nb214.jpg

Exit from the kitchen to Carioca's. There are pictures on the wall, that show what the servers wear for each "theme" night...
2co3ebd.jpg

Once I exited into Carioca's, I turned around and took this picture....
6iz5kz.jpg

Chef Gary made some closing comments, and answered questions, while I took a picture of an empty Carioca's....
2ijgh0o.jpg

I had taken a galley tour several years ago, and it was interesting to take another tour. Check with Guest Services when you board the ship, and check on these free tours...

I would LOVE to take a galley tour, thanks for the pics!

(I'd also love one of those cookies right now)

Very cool! I would love tot take a galley tour as well! Do you think they have them on every cruise sailing? Do they advertise them in the Navigators? I will have to ask at guest services when on board. Thanks for sharing! :)

Very cool! I would love tot take a galley tour as well! Do you think they have them on every cruise sailing? Do they advertise them in the Navigators? I will have to ask at guest services when on board. Thanks for sharing! :)

The galley tour was not in the navigator.

That evening for dinner, we were in Animator's Palate for the regular menu....
wkl8gl.jpg

The pasta purses are good....
14csbdj.jpg

Baked potato and cheese soup is good also....
2rosscm.jpg

Roasted red pepper, zucchini and red onion salad
2wqd2qe.jpg

I can't believe I didn't take a picture of my favorite soup, the butternut squash soup. I love it, and my wife doesn't like it. Dinner menu....
2mdmjxg.jpg

Pennete Pasta....
akzvbr.jpg

Outside of dessert menu....
se2bee.jpg

Dessert menu (with the flash off)....
nodfv9.jpg

Sweet Temptations....
2zxz4vs.jpg

Earlier in the meal, everyone had got a piece of paper, to draw their own person, that would be shown during the Animation Magic Show. The show started, with Mickey Mouse saying something over the speakers, and then the show "quit". They restarted it several times, but it wouldn't work. They kept working on it, until finally the show started, and didn't stop. This show was really neat, and everyone got to see their "figures" dance on the screen.
ndakvs.jpg

At the end, Mickey appeared, while music played....
xnhgeb.jpg

At 7:45, we went to Fathoms to watch Sea Farer's Saga....
2h2id6u.jpg

I had never seen this "show" before. All the people you see in this picture, are performers from the Walt Disney Theater. Each one was a different "character", and the host would ask them a question, and they would give an answer. The audience got to vote for the person they thought was telling the truth. It was a little entertaining, but I probably wouldn't watch it again....
2qjdkxu.jpg

Walked by the Buena Vista theater, and took a picture of the price for snacks and popcorn. (are you really hungry when you go to see a movie on the ship?:confused3)
whbm14.jpg

In the Walt Disney Theater, we listened to Tessa Sunniva sing. She is the Little Mermaid in the Netherlands, and she's a pop singer. She was a beautiful young girl, who could really sing. For the adult show in Fathoms, Kyle & Mistie performed again....
51edyr.jpg

Miguel (adult club host) told me that Kyle & Mistie were the "resident" magicians. Sounds like a rough job :lmao:
vwyh38.jpg

Just off the Disney Magic this past Saturday. It was the 12 night EBTA from Port Canaveral to Barcelona, Spain. Great cruise with some outstanding weather conditions. This was our first cruise since the "re-imagining" of the Disney Magic, and we loved the changes. The only "little" thing I would mention, is the Cabanas area. When going back for more food, I love it. But when you first get to Cabanas, most everyone stops at the first "pod", and when you pass someone, and move to a different "pod", sometimes you get some bad looks. (Like you are breaking in line) But I know people are use to a buffet line, and this type of buffet "pods" will just take some time for people to get use to it. On this cruise it was me, my wife, daughter (22) and neice (26). We had rented a van for a one-way rental from N.C. to Port Canaveral at Avis. After we dropped the van off at Avis, they took us in their shuttle bus to the port. We checked-in and I went outside to snap a picture of the ship.... Since boarding had not started, I snapped a picture of the "empty" entrance to the ship through the Mickey ears.... The port area was starting to fill up.... Captain Mickey had finished taking photos in front of the ship model, and he was heading back to his "dressing room"....

Enjoying your report! We also experienced this thing about people not understanding the "Pod" concept on the Dream.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Our 6th day at sea....
feky03.jpg

Went to Lumiere's for breakfast, and I got the eggs benedict....
2ldd661.jpg

Wife ordered bacon and French toast....
dc7xqq.jpg

There were several days on this cruise, that the ocean was as calm as a lake. And this particular day was that type of day....
2n9wea9.jpg

Another shot of the calm water, from the front of the ship, with a view of the crew pool....
15ovurl.jpg

Just strolled around and took a few random pictures. (Aqua Dunk in the background) I rode this twice while we were still at Port Canaveral, but that was it. It was ok, just not something I would want to do again, like the Aqua Duck on the Dream & Fantasy....
25iccxk.jpg

New ice cream area on the Magic (Eye Scream). One day, they had coconut/pineapple. I put some in a cup, and then went to the drink area and added some milk, and made a milkshake. It tasted like a Pina Colada. (delicious!)....
33c3nyq.jpg

At 12:15, there was a Wii bowling Cruise Director vs. the Captain challenge. It ended up being Brent & Thomas (hotel director) vs. Natalie & Captain John...
5kirg7.jpg

It was pretty obvious that Captain John and Thomas didn't Wii bowl very much....:lmao:
k0ggnm.jpg

Captain John in action.....The captain and Natalie ended up winning.
2dwazrs.jpg

Went to Cabana's for lunch....
axmzhi.jpg

Luckily, a table in my favorite area of Cabana's was open. Love the view from this area....
qpgvg6.jpg

Dessert...(peach cobbler and Butter Pecan ice cream??)
2d846mb.jpg

View from deck 4....
24mghsy.jpg

At 3pm, I went to the Disney Vacation Club group preview. They gave everyone the black leather portfolio and a DVC bag. And on this cruise, they had free drinks sitting on a platter as you entered the D Lounge. I entered the raffle for the On Board Credit, but didn't win....
2ekkej5.jpg

Earlier in the cruise, we were given the 15 year anniversary cokes, and this was the note that was left with those cokes....
2qkrzpj.jpg

Up next is Pirates in the Carribean dinner....

Hot food area for Carioca's....
zmhy6e.jpg

BigJon, I could never figure out how our wine purchased from the wine package always "followed" us everywhere. I swear, sometimes it wasn't our wine. :confused3 Did they explain that to you?

TIA, I'm really enjoying your trip report. Those last pictures of the Eggs Benedict and the french toast just made me drool! Goodness!

Hey PizzieDuster, I asked my wife about the wine, and she said they showed us the coolers where they kept the wine (they didn't open them, they just pointed to where the coolers were), and she said they mentioned that the wine would be transferred to another cooler at Animator's Palate (when you dined there). I don't drink wine, so I guess I wasn't paying very good attention during this segment of the tour. Sorry, I know that's not a great answer to your question, but at this point, I was already smelling fresh chocolate chip cookies ;)......jonathan

Appetizer menu for Pirates in the Caribbean....
105nvc3.jpg

I like the Buccaneer's pineapple. The banana is rolled in coconut, and the pineapple has an orange glaze on it....
29mpymd.jpg

I ordered the crab cake, and usually I like it, but this time it wasn't that good...
20qde89.jpg

The potstickers were good....
fual9j.jpg

The Conch Chowder was full of sweet peppers, and it wasn't as good as the last time I ordered it....
21mwv8h.jpg

We were in Animator's Palate, and during the dinner, I noticed they had pirate pictures on the video screens....
v80dg9.jpg

Dinner menu....
e6uhhc.jpg

I love the BBQ beef short ribs. So tender and good....
2ho9oj4.jpg

Pirates Kid's menu....
29gct8w.jpg

Dessert menu....
25r021d.jpg

Fruit Cobbler....
2iut92h.jpg

Sweet Temptations....
34zy2yx.jpg

And as always, there was music, and cruisers did the limbo! Even though my crab cake and soup were a little off, I still like the Pirate Menu. Pirate night is a lot of fun!
o870qd.jpg

I'm loving your report and all your pictures! :thumbsup2

I REALLY want to do one of these longer cruises........maybe when the kids are older. :rolleyes: Was Natalie your CD? She has been onboard all 3 of our cruises and was the CD on 2. We really enjoy her witty personality.

I love the eggs benedict. I had them every chance I got on our last cruise. I'm really wishing that I had tried them during Palo brunch....maybe next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!