Disney Magic Kingdoms

Jumping on several bandwagons here:
-disliked Stitch
-annoyed by livestream announcement and likelihood of a quick turn timed event
-about ready to put the game down (but I’d miss this forum most)
-also stepped away from forum due to life (30-day vacate notice at the beginning of 3 weeks of work travel for me and DH being away for 3 weeks of training, getting the worst allergies ever, and just finished moving our whole house solo.) :faint:

Welcome back! And I totally agree with your point #3. Well all of them, really. Glad your move is over and I hope things settle down for you.

Okay that explains it. I haven't spent any money on the game.
I gotta be honest... I was wondering the same exact thing.

Yeah, it's the only thing I spend money on for the game, because I'm OCD about the characters. I really do want all of them and I've only bought the packages, 4 times in the 2 years I've been playing, so I feel that's not so bad. It's probably not good, but it's not as bad as it could be.

I’m hoping I’ll be able to watch it at my lunch break at work tomorrow but being in a dental office, things can change quickly haha
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you're back, you were missed!!! Hope things settle in life a bit.

Omg....it finally happened!!!! I opened a platinum chest and I finally got Splash Mountain!!!!!!! It only took a little over 2 years but I finally got it. Bad news is that I have no where to place it. Oh....those evil interns must be laughing at me right now.
YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! That's fantastic news. I'm very sorry about the irony, but I"m glad you have it!!!!

OKay, so during the livestream, they talked about Maleficent. Are they trying to tease something? Or is it an actual glitch? I saw her walking around in the life stream, but I don't know that I've seen her in my kingdom, I haven't really paid that much attention. Any thoughts?

From the livestream:

New land behind IASW.
Storyline, not event.
Bambi, Thumper, Flower
Looks like 3 concessions: a nightmare mask, Syndrome Wig, and Elsa Crown
A couple attractions: Frozen Pond and Flower Meadow (might not be actual names).
A few useless decorations.

well, glad it is a) permanent b) includes opening the land behind IASW, and c) only 3 characters

but do we really need ANOTHER Frozen themed attraction?

edt: or is is "frozen" small "F" meaning the scene from Bambi? sorry, I may have rushed my outrage ;)

well, glad it is a) permanent b) includes opening the land behind IASW, and c) only 3 characters

edt: or is is "frozen" small "F" meaning the scene from Bambi? sorry, I may have rushed my outrage ;)

I haven’t watched but I’d lean towards the iconic winter scene from Bambi vs the movie Frozen

OKay, so during the livestream, they talked about Maleficent. Are they trying to tease something? Or is it an actual glitch? I saw her walking around in the life stream, but I don't know that I've seen her in my kingdom, I haven't really paid that much attention. Any thoughts?

here is a screen shot of her and I did see a comment of someone asking if they would be releasing her
Malificent.jpg

Guessing Glitch. The character has been programmed and designed but I doubt Maleficent will be an in-game character since that would mean the end of the game.

Lowercase "f" such that it is the winter scene from Bambi. But I expect that pond will find itself somewhere near my Frozen (capital F) things.

Any idea when the land and bambi will be available?

Probably Thursday of Next Week, that's usually when they release all the content after a live stream. Standard DMK format is Teaser for Livestream, Livestream on Friday, update released the next Wednesday, Gamplay starts Thursday. So May 30, look for the update and you'll MOST LIKELY be able to start playing on May 31st.

Probably Thursday of Next Week, that's usually when they release all the content after a live stream. Standard DMK format is Teaser for Livestream, Livestream on Friday, update released the next Wednesday, Gamplay starts Thursday. So May 30, look for the update and you'll MOST LIKELY be able to start playing on May 31st.

Hoping it’s Thursday. I’m just down to Lilo and Stitch characters who need leveling and I’d love it if Stitch was the last character I needed to level before new content arrives.

I was excited to see permanent content and new land. Now that I see it's one little piece of land I'm less excited but still relieved it's not yet another timed event.

Thanks to all of you who watch and share info here!

While multiple pieces of land would be nice, I’m more than happy that they are opening one. It means that they are acknowledging that the game has a land problem, or they are trying to shut us up. Either way I’m happy. :rotfl:

Now I know it will come as a shock to most of you, but sometimes I complain about the game here. :rotfl: So, I only think it’s fair to thank the developers when they listen to our complaints/criticisms and thank them for doing something that shows they are listening. Thank you interns :thumbsup2

Guessing Glitch. The character has been programmed and designed but I doubt Maleficent will be an in-game character since that would mean the end of the game.
Sorry, but I 100% disagree. After watching the livestream it’s totally a tease. The guy played it as a glitch and mentioned “telling the team”, but there is no way a fully formed character walking around the park can be a glitch.

My guess is they are hearing comments about the lack of defeating the original curse, and are trying to find ways to bring Maleficant back in the spotlight. Likely some more dialogue and silly side quests. Long term, likely we will get the chance to beat/welcome her, but another evil/curse will take its place to keep the story going.

Sorry, but I 100% disagree. After watching the livestream it’s totally a tease. The guy played it as a glitch and mentioned “telling the team”, but there is no way a fully formed character walking around the park can be a glitch.

My guess is they are hearing comments about the lack of defeating the original curse, and are trying to find ways to bring Maleficant back in the spotlight. Likely some more dialogue and silly side quests. Long term, likely we will get the chance to beat/welcome her, but another evil/curse will take its place to keep the story going.

I oddly agree with both of you. As @goingthedistance stated, Maleficent entering the game would be like ending the game, which is very very sad because there are so many other characters/sets they could add in

I also agree with @KPach525 because it seemed very intentional, with bad acting in my opinion, and they are teasing it up to something like a welcoming and the addition of another curse of some sort to continue the story line!

I oddly agree with both of you. As @goingthedistance stated, Maleficent entering the game would be like ending the game, which is very very sad because there are so many other characters/sets they could add in

I also agree with @KPach525 because it seemed very intentional, with bad acting in my opinion, and they are teasing it up to something like a welcoming and the addition of another curse of some sort to continue the story line!
The strong intent, horrific acting, and the fact the screen was centered on her location and he casually scrolled to where the new land and Bambi setup was the giveaway to me.

But yes @AJGolden1013 I see your points to. Just guessing on my part. Everything’s a crapshoot anymore with this game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!