Disney Magic Kingdoms

I just got Kristoff after opening my 6th Legendary Chest (trying to get Anna or Elsa). Will his quests lead to any more Frozen characters or has that ship sailed?

I just got Kristoff after opening my 6th Legendary Chest (trying to get Anna or Elsa). Will his quests lead to any more Frozen characters or has that ship sailed?
They don't repeat events, so those characters will not be unlocked without those silly legendary chests. Enjoy your endless snow globes and sand sculptures.

Maybe I’ve overlooked or just not understood something... but the costumes are just for fun and not necessarily good for anything else?

As things currently stand, it looks like there are only 2 options for getting Anna, Elsa and Olaf. You can do the legendary chest gamble or you can buy their costume bundles for $9.99 (US) each.

Maybe I’ve overlooked or just not understood something... but the costumes are just for fun and not necessarily good for anything else?

We don't know what is coming - they may be needed/beneficial for an upcoming event but for now I think just decoration/to have for completeness

I don’t have any Frozen characters and still wouldn’t buy these bundles, but at least you know exactly what you’re getting. The legendary chests are too much of a gamble and this is how they should have made past characters available all along.

We don't know what is coming - they may be needed/beneficial for an upcoming event but for now I think just decoration/to have for completeness

Like @TheMaxRebo said, we don’t know what’s coming. My guess is that they will help collect items for something in next event/update enough that we will want them and tempted to spend the 120 gems (x3) to get them.

Since the promotion offer lasts for 18 more days, is it a fair assumption to make that that’s when the next event starts? I really hope not, I don’t want an event to occur during the Christmas/holiday period. Ideally event should only occur 4-6 times a year, imho.

The introduction of costumes was probably the worst addition, and biggest money grab, the game has ever made. I have successfully forgotten, what event and for whom it was for, but that one time where we had to collect fabric for costums for part of an event progression was probably the worst event experience I’ve had.

Edit: Just looked it up and it was fabric for Jasmine and/or Aladdin costumes. They were listed as uncommon items, but my drop rate was 20% -25%.

Last edited:

Since the promotion offer lasts for 18 more days, is it a fair assumption to make that that’s when the next event starts? I really hope not, I don’t want an event to occur during the Christmas/holiday period. Ideally event should only occur 4-6 times a year, imho.
I think we've only had 4-6 events this year anyway, though? I'm losing track. But at the end of the day, don't expect Gameloft to ever have a conscience. If there was a way to make money on it, they'd have weekly events. Then again, isn't that how often they've been running promotions and bundles these days?

The introduction of costumes was probably the worst addition, and biggest money grab, the game has ever made. I have successfully forgotten, what event and for whom it was for, but that one time where we had to collect fabric for costums for part of an event progression was probably the worst event experience I’ve had.

Edit: Just looked it up and it was fabric for Jasmine and/or Aladdin costumes. They were listed as uncommon items, but my drop rate was 20% -25%.
And I actually had the opposite experience. The costumes came pretty quickly. But they also served to be just as useless. The worst for me will always be Donald's costume. But even from that point, they just seemed pointless and useless. I haven't used Lunar New Year, Aladdin, or BatB costumes since getting them. Same with Christmas, although I suspect we'll be needing them again now 365 days later. Back then it wasn't a cash grab, but more a way to give us something to do. This Frozen costume thing? Complete and total cash grab. Spend it on a gem pack, or spend it on a costume and yet another concession stand which may or may not give event tokens for whatever nonsense they dream up for Christmas.

It's a really cute bundle, and I don't mind spending what will be about $17 after taxes, but I don't know if I can justify it at the moment. At least I have time to think, so that's a plus.

When you have lots of gems, do you prefer to get characters or attractions? I still haven't gotten Jack Sparrow, Boo, or Wall-E. Are they worth it to get?

I think we've only had 4-6 events this year anyway, though? I'm losing track. But at the end of the day, don't expect Gameloft to ever have a conscience. If there was a way to make money on it, they'd have weekly events. Then again, isn't that how often they've been running promotions and bundles these days?

Good point, I forgot to include the 20-30 days of the events. What I should have said, and meant, was I wish they waited 2 or 3 months between events. Or better yet, drastically cut down the time of events and run new ones every month or two. I think most would agree that they have ratcheted up the amount of events the last few months. Also, I don’t expect Gameloft to have a conscience. :rotfl2:

And I actually had the opposite experience. The costumes came pretty quickly. But they also served to be just as useless. The worst for me will always be Donald's costume. But even from that point, they just seemed pointless and useless. I haven't used Lunar New Year, Aladdin, or BatB costumes since getting them. Same with Christmas, although I suspect we'll be needing them again now 365 days later. Back then it wasn't a cash grab, but more a way to give us something to do. This Frozen costume thing? Complete and total cash grab. Spend it on a gem pack, or spend it on a costume and yet another concession stand which may or may not give event tokens for whatever nonsense they dream up for Christmas.

Yep, I just re-read your posts back then. It looked like their was some type of bug back then that only effected some people. Sadly, I was one of those players, but you luckily were not. If I remember correctly, while they served to be useless, they were required to be completed, before we could welcome Jafar. I do remember joking that I found it much easier to collect Jafars items, which were epic, than the fabric, which were uncommon. Yes, the Frozen costumes appears to be a money grab, just like the concession stands are. If the interns were competent, those costumes would help with some items in the next event. Based on experience, I’d say it’s 50/50 that they do :confused3

New players are hit hardest with the gamble of possibly receiving characters in chests from past events, there whole give us your money with no guarantee we will give you what you want and it is the only way you can get these characters concept is getting old. All of us veterans had the chance to get these characters- and there are quite a few now. We know the gamble with chests, are less inclined to purchase, so you would think they would come up with a better plan to ease the spending money aspect of the game for new players instead of the constant in your face we want your money. Give them the opportunity to gain the past event characters without a cost. Having a character book with so many that say coming soon meaning pay soon would be no fun for anyone.

Took a few days break since I got the queen before the event ended and DH deployed this week. But my update, I kept my AW characters at the min level required. I wasn’t focused this event, very busy with work, just wanted to get all the characters. I started the event with about 250k magic and shortly before got the welcome cue for Shere Khan, so I was also trying to get as much magic as possible. And it worked, I ended with just over 1.3 mil and just welcomed SK. Still have all Aladdin to move from 9-10, Bullseye, Alien, and the rest of JB to level up. So yes, looking for a break in the events. Please.

Hey Interns - listen up! You know what might be nice for xmas? Adding to the main storyline. And letting us play the game at our leisure while also enjoying time with our families. Really. We don't need a timed event. Or tons of money grabs from you.:cool:
That doesn't cost millions of potions either because I'm still going to get hit hard when I finally welcome Shere Khan...Be realistic Gameloft...

Mother Gothel hats are a pain in my butt!!! Glad to be able to focus on this main storyline. Agree with an earlier post, would much rather they add to main story line than another event.

Hey Interns - listen up! You know what might be nice for xmas? Adding to the main storyline. And letting us play the game at our leisure while also enjoying time with our families. Really. We don't need a timed event. Or tons of money grabs from you.:cool:

Oh, you know there will be a tapper event

"Oh, what's that honey? Yeah I'll see what Santa brought that you right aft I find this last snowgie"

What is really galling, that for those of us who have Uk app store accounts, the Frozen character bundles are 9.99 GBP, the equivalent of about 14$ .... so for all 3 that is a heck of an investment. No way! It is far too expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter