Disney Luggage

DISfirstTimer

Mouseketeer
I'm considering getting Disney Themed Luggage for my kids (ages 4-6) to use as carry-ons as well as part of their Disney Vacation Reveal. However, everything I'm finding online seems too small. Can you fit a few days of clothes in an 18 inch suitcase? Does anyone recommend a certain one? Also a thought I had was buying plain, slightly larger luggage and putting decals on them. That way when they age of out wanting characters they will still have a functional piece of luggage.

My Samsonite Disney carry on is a 21 inch, and it's very large for a carry on. It might be too big for a 4-6 year old to tote around though.

I love American Tourister luggage, especially for a Disney Trip reveal. They have tags that say they are the Official Luggage of Disney World, which is a cute extra clue to have for the reveal. They also have a large variety of themed and non-themed suitcases of all sizes. For carry-ons between 20 and 22 inches, they have several Star Wars ones, Mickey, Minnie, Marvel. They do also have a larger Character selection in 18" if you decide to go that route. They are offering 40% if you buy from their website currently.

http://shop.americantourister.com/luggage/carry-on

There's also this cute one (below) that has a fireworks-esque design in 21" that would be a bit more versatile for still using as kids get older and may not want a Minnie Mouse suitcase, while still having a bit of a Disney theme for now. This is actually the design I bought for my DD7, although I went with the 25" so it will be checked. We fly Spirit and have to pay extra for overhead bin luggage, plus my kid is ridiculously slow wheeling a suitcase around an airport so I'd rather check it and not have to deal with it again until we get where we are going. She will have a backpack that can fit under the seat that flies free that will be filled with snacks and other junk for the plane.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2367490/american-tourister-burst-spinner-luggage.jsp?color=Circle Print&prdPV=1

You can fit a weeks worth of clothing in an 18", but it's most likely not going to leave much room for anything else, so if your kids are going to be bringing back any souvenirs, I would recommend getting something a little bigger. As long as you are getting a suitcase with wheels, the extra couple of inches aren't going to make much difference in the child's ability to roll it along- even the 4 year old, but those couple of inches will provide a little extra room for souvenirs. Also, if you aren't planning on doing laundry while on vacation, most people find that a bag of dirty clothes takes up more room in a suitcase on the way home than a stack of folded or rolled clothes on the way there, so that's just something else to take into consideration when deciding on a size.

I'm considering getting Disney Themed Luggage for my kids (ages 4-6) to use as carry-ons as well as part of their Disney Vacation Reveal...Can you fit a few days of clothes in an 18 inch suitcase?.
Absolutely! Kids' clothes at that age are small, and can easily fit in an 18-inch suitcase.

JCPenney has the Disney luggage on sale at 65% off through their Website 6-19 thru 6-22. Shipping is $10 for 28", $3 for 21".

I agree with the American Tourister luggage. It's a very good quality product and can hold a ton of stuff. And if you are having difficulty fitting everything in a smaller bag, I recommend packing cubes. I love mine from Shacke Pak. Helps organize my bad habit of overpacking.

Just received my luggage today in the mail, however the Minnie piece we ordered didn't quite match the one on the website...

Did anyone here order this piece and get the exact model?

American-Tourister-Disney-Minnie-Mouse-Red-Bow-Softside-Spinner-28-0.jpg

We instead received this piece when we opened up our box...

31f8c95b-45ad-4a31-83ed-7ff7e152347d_1.770c59b23604c509b22382ad55d95800.jpeg

Now the SO Doesn't want this style... Thinking about trying to exchange this in store since the SO would rather prefer the soft luggage with all the Mickey heads. Has anyone tried this before? Would they be able to exchange it for another model even through the sale ended?

EDIT: Upon further inspection, JC Penney doesn't even sell the piece we received on their website. I guess I'll take it in store to see what they would be able to help me with.

Just received my luggage today in the mail, however the Minnie piece we ordered didn't quite match the one on the website...

Did anyone here order this piece and get the exact model?

American-Tourister-Disney-Minnie-Mouse-Red-Bow-Softside-Spinner-28-0.jpg

We instead received this piece when we opened up our box...

31f8c95b-45ad-4a31-83ed-7ff7e152347d_1.770c59b23604c509b22382ad55d95800.jpeg

Now the SO Doesn't want this style... Thinking about trying to exchange this in store since the SO would rather prefer the soft luggage with all the Mickey heads. Has anyone tried this before? Would they be able to exchange it for another model even through the sale ended?

EDIT: Upon further inspection, JC Penney doesn't even sell the piece we received on their website. I guess I'll take it in store to see what they would be able to help me with.

I missed the JCP sale and ordered the last pictured piece from Amazon. I also didn't note the difference in design until you pointed it out! Fortunately I actually like it!

DD8 has had this one for 2 years now. https://shop.heys.ca/collections/fr...n-spinner-luggage-frozen-d-hsrl-tsp-fz07-14fa Still loves it and it has plenty of room for all her clothes. She also takes a backpack with she stuff she need for the flight. this is a 20" cases and it light. My 4 year old nephew has the smaller 18" Cars suitcase and it holds all his clothes for a week long trip easy.

Thank you for this post! Ive been watching this site and today I stumbled across HEYS offering free shipping and 25% off. Although from the US I live on the border so I shipped to my friend in Quebec. I got a Disney Princess hardshell with spinner wheels for $30US. THe same exact piece would have cost me $70 on Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter