Disney just radically changed opening and closing times in Oct

Have never been in October, but November is my favorite month to go. Last few trips they have screwed with my plans by opening early (@ 8am) and I expect them to do it again this trip.

i also am expecting them to increase MK hours at least Thanksgiving week if not for more of November. I think last few years MK has opened at 8 AM (except for EMH) during most of Thanksgiving week. Add that to the fact that the ons-site resorts appear to be near full and the October changes I think we are sure to expect increases in November.

They actually do this a lot. Esp October from what I recall from last year

Really annoying for the planners who have ppo adrs. Completely messes up the plan. Most give up their adr so as not to waste prime hour

We lost our PPO BOG advantage on October 12th so I cancelled our 8:15am and was able to get a 9:10am the same day so that we can rope drop and enjoy the golden hour followed by breakfast. Thank you Touring Plans reservation finder!

Mike

We head down on Thursday and I just rechecked park times. Every day of our trip changed from what was previously scheduled, and not for the better! Almost all the parks during our stay has shorter hours :(

Yikes are going to MK on 10/6 - now opening time is 8am with EMH morning so 7am?? My kids will still be asleep

check your fastpasses because Na'vi River Journey just popped up for me for 10/7 - I've never seen it for any of our dates til today

I was so happy that they added park hours, it is actually a good thing that they do so if crowds will be high. I was able to push back our FoP to the end of the night, 8:25-9:25 pm. We wanted to be at Pandora in the darkness that night.

I do not understand planning breakfasts around the Mine Train ride. Just get a FP for that ride one day.

Jealous jealous jealous! Praying they do this for December! Some of our favorite memories are during the midnight-2am EMH at MK. The park dies down. We've typically been there since 8 or 9 am (both in late 20's/early 30's without kids) so our feet are THROBBING but we start running around with all the other adults like little kids, riding rides with little to no wait. Screaming when the stretching room goes dark on HM, laughing so hard as pretty much all adults do story time with belle. Everything about it is fun and lovely and I hope you take advantage of that time and enjoy every moment!

It is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and a lot of school boards and turning it into a four day weekend so the week before and after will have a good number of Canucks down there. We usually go then too but booked earlier for my son's birthday this year so we leave by the 3rd.

That must be why I saw FastPasses for 8:30 AM and 11:30 PM on one day I was looking at. Oddly, MDE still showed the hours as 9 AM to 9 PM.

Jealous jealous jealous! Praying they do this for December! Some of our favorite memories are during the midnight-2am EMH at MK. The park dies down. We've typically been there since 8 or 9 am (both in late 20's/early 30's without kids) so our feet are THROBBING but we start running around with all the other adults like little kids, riding rides with little to no wait. Screaming when the stretching room goes dark on HM, laughing so hard as pretty much all adults do story time with belle. Everything about it is fun and lovely and I hope you take advantage of that time and enjoy every moment!

That's when I usually start nodding off on it's a small world and realize I can't make it all the way until 2 anymore. :D

Will be there the first week of October and didn't notice a change in hours for that week. Just a early morning hard ticket event at MK. Hours seem reasonable and hopefully crowds aren't too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter