Disney just radically changed opening and closing times in Oct

LindaY

Earning My Ears
What does this mean? Good bad? Disney just changed opening times for Oct 10th to 8:00 am & the 11th from 8:00am to 2:00am! Extra hours are 12:00am-2:00am! The extra hour in the morning is not extra magic hours. Now I don't know what to do! Will they open up more fast passes from 8:00-9:00? Do we need to do rope drop at 7:00?? Messes up the Benefit of getting a BOG or CRT breakfast res!

What does this mean? Good bad? Disney just changed opening times for Oct 10th to 8:00 am & the 11th from 8:00am to 2:00am! Extra hours are 12:00am-2:00am! The extra hour in the morning is not extra magic hours. Now I don't know what to do! Will they open up more fast passes from 8:00-9:00? Do we need to do rope drop at 7:00?? Messes up the Benefit of getting a BOG or CRT breakfast res!
They're prepping for anticipated heavy crowds, so I'd try to get there at rope drop. Fall is the new summer at WDW.

I wonder if crowds are predicted to be higher due to people moving their Irma affected trips?
Not only people shifting their WDW vacations, but lots of people who won't be taking their Caribbean vacations or cruises who will be looking for alternative warm-weather vacation locations, with Disney World being an obvious choice, especially for families.

They actually do this a lot. Esp October from what I recall from last year

Really annoying for the planners who have ppo adrs. Completely messes up the plan. Most give up their adr so as not to waste prime hour

Every October MK is open until at midnight on regular nights and EMH is until 1:00 am. I haven't seen any 2:00 am for this October.

It's nothing new. Trust. They just took a heck of a lot longer this year to update.

The same thing happened for our May trip 30-45 days before. We love MK pre park opening breakfasts, so I always book an 8:00 AM BOG on two different days that way if one of the openings changes to 8:00 AM, I hopefully have a backup day. This just happened for our October trip.. I have BOG at 8:00 AM on Oct 29 and Nov 3. Oct 29 changed to 8 AM opening.. and so far Nov 3 is still 9 AM. I actually would've kept both reservations and went twice if park hours didn't change, but for the last three or so trips hours have always changed 30-45 days before.. making some of our PPO breakfasts useless.

Every October MK is open until at midnight on regular nights and EMH is until 1:00 am. I haven't seen any 2:00 am for this October.

Aren't evening EMH always two hours long now? So, if the park closes at midnight, EMH would be until 2 not 1am, right?

They will open FP+ if they extend park hours, I was able to get a FoP FP+ for AK after they extended hours twice.....

We have a be our guest reservation which was originally ppo...
Now the times have changed its no longer the great ADR it once was

We have decided to keep it as we probably won't manage to snag another-but it's rather frustrating.

I'm glad they did because i
They did this last year. I have been poo-pooed when I have pointed out this would happen again.

But October is busy.
was able to grab some much wanted fast passes I couldn't get at the 60 day mark. Little worried about the crowds though!

Unfortunately they do it every December too. We book ADRs at the 180 window but book plenty of options because we know the park hours will change. The fastpasses are more problematic however. For example, we book at 60 day window for MK from 9am for Christmas week, and we know full well the park hours will change, with additional EMH from 7am, and 8am for regular visitors but we could only book fastpasses from 9am. We've tried to change them when the park hours are finalised but all the best ones have gone. IT'S SO FRUSTRATING

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter