Disney island

AGAG

Earning My Ears
:Pinkbounc I am trying to plan a long weekend get away for my family of 7(!!!!) to a beach. Looked up Destin area and was OVERWhelmed!! I remembered how well Disney seems to do everything.( I've been going since 1979!! )Anyway, I remembered that they had an island, a beach or something like that....right??? Anybody been there? Where is it?? If this is all my imagination, any rec's on a good condo/resort/house in the Destin Area??
Thanks!!!!

Ann

Are you talking about Discovery Island? They used to have animals there and stuff... It closed down in 1999.

Yeah AGAG, I think you may be mistaken about the Destin area. I too am impressed with this area but it does not appear to be affiliated with Disney in any way that I see. The only island I am familiar with that Disney controls is as Rodrigo indicated...Castaway Cay...and that is a day trip via the Disney Cruise line...not a resort to stay overnight.

My bad! Please ignore my last post on this thread, I am talking about something totally different.

Just found out there is also a Disney Hilton Head Island resort in S.C.! Learn something new every day!

Disney's Vero Beach resort and Hilton Head resort are part of the Disney Vacation Club, Disney's version of a timeshare. Non-members can rent rooms there based on availability. Check out DVC on the Disney web site if you are interested. The closest beach to WDW is Cocoa Beach on the west coast. We drove there on our trip last August, about 45 minutes away. Most people feel the gulf beaches are prettier. Destin is gorgeous!!!! I highly recomend a few days at the beach, but most people do not realize how far WDW is from either coast. It is worth the effort though. Enjoy your trip!

Correction to the above, Cocoa is on the EAST coast, the Atlantic Ocean! I lived in Florida for many years, can't believe I made that boo boo! Sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter