Disney India: The Unknown of Disney

DisneyQ

Earning My Ears
As a Disney fan with a Pakistani heritage, you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that Disney also has an influence in India, with it's own shows and movies being made for the Bollywood cinema. Here is a list of some of these Disney projects from India:

1. Roadside Romeo: this an animated romantic comedy in which a rich dog named Romeo is thrown out to the slums of Mumbai and with his new friends, tries to win the heart of a dancer named Laila. The problem: she has another suitor, a giant crime boss named Charlie Anna and his trio of "Angels" (get it?)

2. Arjun the Warrior Prince: This is an animated action adventure film loosely based on the Pandava brothers from a famous Hindi epic. It follows the life of Arjun from his initial training as a nine-year-old to the famous archer he is known for. Despite being a Disney flick, there's a lot of blood in it, and not recommended for small children.

3. Zokkoman: This is a live action action movie about a young boy who after being orphaned and abandoned by his cruel uncle, becomes a superhero.

4. Once Upon a Warrior: A young girl with special healing powers tries to save her homeland from an evil queen, and is joined by a blind barbarian warrior and his girlfriend.

5. Khoobsurat: This is the tale of a quirky hopeless romantic who meets a handsome prince that's the exact opposite of her-and is engaged to someone else.

6. ABCD 2: The sequel to the 2013 hit ABCD: Anybody can Dance, is an upcoming 3D dance movie. (essentially an indian version of step-up).

Oh, and yes, these things DO exist. They're incredibly hard to find however, so essentially the only way you'd see them is through online downloads or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter