Disney Hong Kong - A few questions

petentaz

Mouseketeer
Hi

We are so excited to be going to Disney Hong Kong! we have only been to Paris before, sadly this is our last Asia holiday, so we want to make the most of it!

Now I have skimmed the threads but cant find any that answer my questions so if I may

1) Are they any fireworks in June (we are there 23-24 Jun)
2) Looking at booking evening character meal on 24 is there a time thats best to book (24 is my sons 8th birthday)
3) I saw that if we go to the City Hall we can collect a Birthday Pin? what does this do!!!!!

Thanks

Pete N Taz

Have a great trip. I expect HK Disney Rob will have much more in-depth and on the ground responses. But I had a go.... ;)

QUOTE=petentaz;48650049]Hi

We are so excited to be going to Disney Hong Kong! we have only been to Paris before, sadly this is our last Asia holiday, so we want to make the most of it!

Now I have skimmed the threads but cant find any that answer my questions so if I may

1) Are they any fireworks in June (we are there 23-24 Jun)

I believe fireworks are shown every night. The daily calendar goes to the end of this week. It should update your dates in a week or so.

http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl/en_US/tools/calendar/dailyCalendar?name=CalendarDetailPage

2) Looking at booking evening character meal on 24 is there a time thats best to book (24 is my sons 8th birthday)

I would just book a time to coincide with when you want to eat. But if you wish to catch the fireworks, then plan around that time.

3) I saw that if we go to the City Hall we can collect a Birthday Pin? what does this do!!!!!

We celebrated my mother's birthday last year in HKDL. She went to City Hall and was told that there were no pins. If you read that HKDL is offering Birthday Pins, then this must be new since April last year. Perhaps HK Disney Rob has more insider information.

Thanks

Pete N Taz[/QUOTE]

Thanks Princess in Oz! talking of Holidays we spent Christmas in Queensland!!!! That was a trip and half.....

I will take a look at the program, although the idea of a birthday pin would be great I didnt want to tell my son in case it doesnt work out.

As it stands he thinks he is spending the day at the massive Budda!!!!!! Cant wait to see his face!

pete

As much as I enjoyed visiting the Giant Buddha, for your 8-year old, I'm pretty sure he's going to be super excited to be at HKDL.

Have a great time there. It is the smallest park I've been to and it kinda felt like there were things missing, but we had fun there.

Here is my take:

1 - Yes, every night at close, it is a good show.

2 - Yes, do book and if you are staying at one of the Disney hotels, even better. I never book as the restaurants are not busy, but as you have a very special party, book will not hurt. I like Chef Mickey for character dining. If you are in the park for the day, make your booking as late as possible, but do check the hours as the restaurants are not open so late. best to call the hotel you are staying at, and check.

3 - Birthday pins have cast members wish the birthday person a Happy Birthday, sometimes. Make a request at your hotel to ensure that you will have birthday pins when you check in. I will go to the park tomorrow and see about the birthday pins, HKDL is not playing with a full deck as the local Chinese do not want pins. I will check for you tomorrow, or make sure that you tell the hotel that you want birthday pins, tell them to just do it. Disney has time to get the pins from California if needed.

Have fun and enjoy the magic!

Thanks Rob!

We are staying in the Hollywood, but have booked a birthday dinner and cake at the Enchanted Garden for the evening. I am hoping we can catch the fireworks on his birthday!

Previously in Disney Land Paris we have been really lucky with "bumping into" Disney characters. Once when running late for a character dining at the Disneyland Hotel, we stepped out of the lift in Hotel New York straight into Mickey and Goofy. Try explaining how they got from the hotel Lobby to another hotel restaurant without being seen!!!

Hopefully our luck will hold!

Thanks for the info!

Pete

I went to the park yesterday, and I'm one foot out of the door going again today. Weather has been bad rain, so wish me luck! There are no Birthday pins at HKDL, thus I would suggest forcing your hotel to get you one. They had them before, thus they must have some somewhere in storage in the park. Do not take no for an answer.

Have fun and enjoy the magic at Hong Kong Disneyland!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter