Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need so much more coffee... OK, so if I do 6 $50 transactions that would result in the $30 statement credit. It certainly reads like that... @Lain So then math on stacking with SB would be $300 - $30 statement credit -$30 swagbucks = $240 (before best buy rewards) so basically 20% off? Well, now I like this!
@Marionnette (sorry for the confusion!)

Yeah, I read the terms as one or more transactions for a minimum of $300 to get the Amex Offer statement credit. I had planned to do 6x SB trips of $50 per Amex Offer. I got the offer on two cards, so that’s a lot of trips to BBY.

Now if I can only get the SB QR code to work at BBY! I’ve had 3 trips successfully credit so far, but yesterday was an utter fail. I went ahead and did the $50 towards my Amex Offer $300 minimum without the $5 SB, but I’ll be avoiding that store (my closest :() for a while because now one associate and his manager probably think third-party QR codes can’t be used on GCs.

I think what happened, after reading your responses, was that the cashier did start the payment process and couldn’t or didn’t go back, so scanning the QR code came up as invalid or denied (maybe because the system was treating the QR code as a payment method at that point).

Wonderful DIS friends...I'm having a brain cramp.
I want to buy a significant amount of Disney gift cards to pay off our trip (and also "pre-pay" for our projected dining costs.) I have the Target Redcard Debit card, but I want to pay with my Southwest Visa. What is generally the cheapest option for me to save money on Disney gift cards? I know Target has the 5% but I'm trying to up my spend on my Southwest card, yet I still want to save $$. Any suggestions?

Wonderful DIS friends...I'm having a brain cramp.
I want to buy a significant amount of Disney gift cards to pay off our trip (and also "pre-pay" for our projected dining costs.) I have the Target Redcard Debit card, but I want to pay with my Southwest Visa. What is generally the cheapest option for me to save money on Disney gift cards? I know Target has the 5% but I'm trying to up my spend on my Southwest card, yet I still want to save $$. Any suggestions?
Are you trying to meet a minimum spend for the bonus RR points on a new card? Or just a few points away from the CP, so you want to get as many points as possible? If not, I don't think that you are going to find too many deals.

If you do Swagbucks, read up on how people are purchasing Disney GCs at Best Buy - $50 at a time. The bonus is worth about $6 on a $50 GC, so about 12% back.

If you don't do SB, then you might want to consider getting a membership at Sam's Club (an online membership is $10 for a year) and then purchase your Disney GCs thru them using your SW Visa. The Disney GCs are discounted just under 5%. And if you go thru the RR Shopping portal, the current reward is 2 RR per $ spent at Sam's Club online.

Using multiple browsers (not just multiple tabs) I was able to open my 6 or 7 Amex accounts and load most offers to multiple cards. I managed to get Buy Buy Baby and Bed Bath a total of 13 times across 8 or 9 cards. Just went to bed bath and purchased $50 Disney GC, splitting tender across 2 amex cards. Did the same at Buy Buy Baby. Received the Amex notification that I had redeemed immediately. It’s a slow process but with a few more trips I should be able to get $325 in Disney GC at 20% off.

Do you have the 10% Amex offer for Staples? If so they might stack. Most office supply stores and grocery stores sell gift cards. Some BB&B sell gift cards. Mine doesn't but I commonly visit an area where they do so I use Amex offers for BB&B at that store and just purchase 3rd party gift cards.
I have the 10% in supply stores and my local staples address is on the list. I also have 2x points at staples, but not 10% just for staples. I have never checked if BB&B sells gift cards. I will check them out this week.

Are you trying to meet a minimum spend for the bonus RR points on a new card? Or just a few points away from the CP, so you want to get as many points as possible? If not, I don't think that you are going to find too many deals.

If you do Swagbucks, read up on how people are purchasing Disney GCs at Best Buy - $50 at a time. The bonus is worth about $6 on a $50 GC, so about 12% back.

If you don't do SB, then you might want to consider getting a membership at Sam's Club (an online membership is $10 for a year) and then purchase your Disney GCs thru them using your SW Visa. The Disney GCs are discounted just under 5%. And if you go thru the RR Shopping portal, the current reward is 2 RR per $ spent at Sam's Club online.

Yes, I'm trying to meet minimum spend for the RR points. I have been going to Best Buy and buying the $50 GC when I can, but I don't know if I have enough time left before our trip to go everyday.
We do have a Sam's Club and a BJ's membership. I figured it was worth asking to make sure there wasn't another way we could save the 5% we could get at Target. :)

Yes, I'm trying to meet minimum spend for the RR points. I have been going to Best Buy and buying the $50 GC when I can, but I don't know if I have enough time left before our trip to go everyday.
We do have a Sam's Club and a BJ's membership. I figured it was worth asking to make sure there wasn't another way we could save the 5% we could get at Target. :)
I've bought many Disney cards by purchasing discounted Walmart gift cards on Raise when they have a promotion (which is almost every Friday) and then immediately using those to buy discounted Disney cards from Sam's online.

I am not an expert, only been using SB for maybe 4 or 5 months, but this is what I was thinking. I'm not going to get a SB for our underage kids, but I would think a DH & DW would be fine???
The minimum age for a person to have a SB account is 13. My DD15 has a SB account in her name but she never really uses it. She tried it for a while, but got bored. It never dawned on me to use QR codes from her account too in order to get 2 gift cards from BB on the same day. That might be an idea because I referred her so I would get the 10% referral bonus too.

The minimum age for a person to have a SB account is 13. My DD15 has a SB account in her name but she never really uses it. She tried it for a while, but got bored. It never dawned on me to use QR codes from her account too in order to get 2 gift cards from BB on the same day. That might be an idea because I referred her so I would get the 10% referral bonus too.
I wonder about this too. DH has an account also... plus we've been carpooling so hed even truly be in the store making the purchase!: laughing:

Hey guys! Just purchased a new Sam's club member ship on Groupon. For $35 you get:
new One-Year Sam’s Club Membership Package ($84.97 value)

This membership package includes:

• One-year Sam’s Club membership ($45 value)
  • Complimentary membership card for a spouse or other household member
  • $10 eGift Card valid online or in-club
  • $15 eGift Card for purchases on SamsClub.com
  • $17.94 in Instant Savings*
    • Free Rotisserie Chicken ($4.98 value)
    • Free Take and Bake Pepperoni or Cheese Pizza ($6.98 value)
    • Free 18-count Chocolate Chunk Cookies ($5.98 value)

As soon as I redeemed my voucher, I purchased a $150 Disney GC online to activate the $15 Egiftcard. I was able to use 4 GCs at checkout.

Last edited:
I've bought many Disney cards by purchasing discounted Walmart gift cards on Raise when they have a promotion (which is almost every Friday) and then immediately using those to buy discounted Disney cards from Sam's online.
What is raise?

I wasn't going to sign up for the southwest Credit Card, but I got an email offer from them for 50,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 plus a $100 credit statement after first purchase. I figured since the $100 covered the annual fee I would take it.

Anyways, I covered half the spend requirement ($1,000) by opening a new bank account with Citizens Bank. There are a number of banks which will allow you to open a new account with a credit card and not charge you a cash advance fee.

Ahh, that's actually a good idea. I've never used Raise but I've heard about it quite a bit on the boards.
I didn't realize Walmart/Sam's was one of the few places where you could still purchase Disney gift cards with a store gift card. Thanks!

Why would you have to use her QR code to get 2 gift cards on the same day? Did something change? I used to generate 4 different QR codes from the same SB account and do 4 separate $50 transactions. Doesn't that work anymore?

Why would you have to use her QR code to get 2 gift cards on the same day? Did something change? I used to generate 4 different QR codes from the same SB account and do 4 separate $50 transactions. Doesn't that work anymore?
Yup, they changed it recently and it is now limited to one transaction per account, per day.

What is raise?
Raise dot com is a gift card reseller. The walmart ones go fast, but if you keep refreshing your browser you can usually get them. Sometimes they will sell out before you can checkout even though they're in your cart but, if you use their app the cards stay in your cart for a few minutes. Some portals give cash back for Raise. I have had bad luck with physical cards being drained by the time they arrive, so I only buy digital ones now and use them right away. They have a discount for new users but I'm fairly sure you can't combine that with other promos. They also have a referral program though I'm not sure if it's limited to one per household.

Do you have to purchase other non-gift card items along with it or does the Sam’s site let you buy only the GCs with the WM GCs?

Can someone let me know if I am understanding the timing of the Best Buy-Swagbucks points. On 7/17 I purchased a $50 Disney GC. Today I see 100 pending SBs for that purchase. However, I have not received the 500 points. Is this normal? For some reason, I thought the 100 points would not show as pending until after the 500 points posted -- should I be worried that I have 100 pending points but not 500 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter