Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I'm pretty new to the budget boards; just signed up for SB and a Target debit card (just say "no" to anymore credit cards). What's the best way to go about getting 2K in Disney GC needed in January?

Thanks.

Don't you also get 2% back at Costco travel for the price of your trip? I'm assuming your using costco travel with a dollar amount that large. And doesn't Costco normally give a rebate for booking with them too after the trip?

I was referring to using the Costco Citi Visa which offers 3% back on travel purchases. Not going with a Costco package, I'm booking directly though my agent at Dreams Unlimited.

Hi!

I'm pretty new to the budget boards; just signed up for SB and a Target debit card (just say "no" to anymore credit cards). What's the best way to go about getting 2K in Disney GC needed in January?

Thanks.
By Jan?! SB as much as you can for things that pay out immediately but if you don't hit $25 you can't cash out for target or PayPal. IMHO your best bet is buy it from Target with your RedCard for 5% discount, not enough time for anything else.

Wait, what? Disney is mailing people empty gift cards encouraging people to put money on them with no incentive attached?
Yes, DH received this. I thought we had a deal of some sort, but no, other than it's a gift card with a nice Christmas design in a nice Christmas holder with To, From and $______ on it.

Hi!

Thanks.
by SB do you mean swag bucks? I have only lucked into getting one 25 dollar walmart gift card and also "earned" a 3 dollar one for amazon in the 6 months of sprodically using swagbucks. I don't know how to use it that well (seems like it takes along time to accumulate points) and I don't like doing searches through it. There is that really long SB thread that I didn't want to wade through but may be helpful. As for the redcard debit card, if it works the same way as the credit card you can order disney gcs online at target and get 5% off if using your redcard. Order as much as your debit card will allow at a time or as much as you are comfortable with. There may be click through sites (like ebates) that give you another 1 or 2% back but that is kind of iffy as those don't usually work on gift card purchases though I heard it might apply for the whole purchase if you add in something very small like some pencils, etc... to the order. Sorry, I don't know of any other tricks that work any more. Off the top of my head the other ways to get discounts would involve having a credit card or membership.

Went to Kroger today for the last day of the 4x fuel points promo. Bought Disney gift cards ($580 total), a $50 Visa, and about $90 in groceries. Received 3664 fuel points...about 1000 more than I expected. I have no idea why. Any ideas or thoughts?

By Jan?! SB as much as you can for things that pay out immediately but if you don't hit $25 you can't cash out for target or PayPal. IMHO your best bet is buy it from Target with your RedCard for 5% discount, not enough time for anything else.

PayPal has a $25 minimum (2500sb) but Target is as little as $5 (500sb). So should be able to get at least a discounted Disney GC at Target with that in a couple weeks. But I agree, there's not much time for big discounts. Might have to stick to easy discounts like Target or BJs/Sams combined with a good cashback credit card. Can also keep an eye on the FWP Target gift card deals. I like when they do the buy 3 cleaning products get a $10 gift card, like this week. It's a better value than the buy 2 get $5 deal and I don't mind stocking up a little extra now to get the discount on Disney GC close to a trip.

by SB do you mean swag bucks? I have only lucked into getting one 25 dollar walmart gift card and also "earned" a 3 dollar one for amazon in the 6 months of sprodically using swagbucks. I don't know how to use it that well (seems like it takes along time to accumulate points) and I don't like doing searches through it. There is that really long SB thread that I didn't want to wade through but may be helpful. As for the redcard debit card, if it works the same way as the credit card you can order disney gcs online at target and get 5% off if using your redcard. Order as much as your debit card will allow at a time or as much as you are comfortable with. There may be click through sites (like ebates) that give you another 1 or 2% back but that is kind of iffy as those don't usually work on gift card purchases though I heard it might apply for the whole purchase if you add in something very small like some pencils, etc... to the order. Sorry, I don't know of any other tricks that work any more. Off the top of my head the other ways to get discounts would involve having a credit card or membership.
In regards to the swagbucks thread, I'd just start following the newest posts. Don't worry about reading the whole thread. Follow along, ask questions. We're friendly there! :)

Wait, what? Disney is mailing people empty gift cards encouraging people to put money on them with no incentive attached?

Must be a new marketing strategy. I got the same thing from Walmart! Lol. I was all confused and thought it had money on it but when I checked it, it was empty. Then I understood. They want you to use it as a last minute gift. You can go online and load money on them.

Went to Kroger today for the last day of the 4x fuel points promo. Bought Disney gift cards ($580 total), a $50 Visa, and about $90 in groceries. Received 3664 fuel points...about 1000 more than I expected. I have no idea why. Any ideas or thoughts?
Did you have any bonus gift card points offers loaded? A month or so ago I had loaded extra 200 bonus pts for Disney Gift Card offer. Expired and disappeared. Bought Disney gift card at next 4x pts promo and got an extra 800 pts, that 200 pts bonus triggered though expired and multiplied 4x!

Did you have any bonus gift card points offers loaded? A month or so ago I had loaded extra 200 bonus pts for Disney Gift Card offer. Expired and disappeared. Bought Disney gift card at next 4x pts promo and got an extra 800 pts, that 200 pts bonus triggered though expired and multiplied 4x!

Not that I'm aware of. Just wish I knew how it happened so I could try again in the future!

In regards to the swagbucks thread, I'd just start following the newest posts. Don't worry about reading the whole thread. Follow along, ask questions. We're friendly there! :)

I agree here. I'd go back 10 or 20 pages and then just follow along as we go. A lot of us are able to fund a high % of our trips using Swagbucks (talking more budget friendly trips than really expensive ones). But it does take some time and effort to learn how best to use your time on SB. Some things on there aren't worth the time.

Thanks everyone! I recently discovered through these boards that I could use GC to pay my DVC dues which are due in January (or close to that). Normally I use my CapOne Venture for 2% back but will use my Target Red and buy at least some cards at 5% off. Wasn't sure if there was a way to earn SB on the purchase of the cards; I started reading the entire thread but will now just go back 20 pages or so!

Thanks again.

Thanks everyone! I recently discovered through these boards that I could use GC to pay my DVC dues which are due in January (or close to that). Normally I use my CapOne Venture for 2% back but will use my Target Red and buy at least some cards at 5% off. Wasn't sure if there was a way to earn SB on the purchase of the cards; I started reading the entire thread but will now just go back 20 pages or so!

Thanks again.
I have been paying my DVC dues with Disney gift cards for years! Remember to come back to this thread in mid-November to get the best deals on Disney gift cards. You can easily save 12% through Target or Best Buy if you use your CapOne Venture card on top of the specials they run in Nov/Dec.

Thanks again.

Could give it a try if you buy a mix of GC's and other items in the purchase. Sometimes even if a particular item is excluded by itself, if it's bundled with other items sometimes the cashback portals will pay out on the whole order. Sometimes you only get payout on the non excluded. Just also keep in mind that there's a delayed credit on shopping purchases, for SB usually 32 days to allow for a return period. With the a mixed shopping trip I always go into it not expecting credit and then be pleasantly surprised if it picks it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!