Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just discovered that Safeway accepts GC>GC. Amazon sells Safeway GCs. Amazon also accepts GC>GC (except for Visa and Amazon GCs). Safeway sells Disney and pretty much all other GCs at their Gift Card Mall rack. A lot of the GCs at Safeway are in tamper proof sleeves that require you to rip off a perforated window to scan the barcode using the tabletop scanner. I successfully used two Safeway GCs toward a third-party GC at self-checkout, so their POS system does accept it. However, I have noticed that some stores have signs up saying no GCs at self-checkout.

I haven't figured out how to derive any additional benefit from this information, but I figured I'd put it out there. If it's of use to you, great! And please share how!

My Safeway won't allow gift card purchases at self-checkout but I've had no trouble buying 3rd party gift cards at the registers with Safeway cards. Occasionally they run a promotion at the pharmacy, i.e. fill five prescriptions, get a $50 Safeway gift card. I've turned those into Disney. But, like you, I can't come up with any way to get a significant payout. The only thing I can think of is cycling them between Amazon and Safeway to get the gas rewards. But since I only fill up twice a month, and only 10 gallons per fill-up, that means a maximum of $20 savings per month for me. Maybe someone else will be able to chime in with an idea.

My Safeway won't allow gift card purchases at self-checkout but I've had no trouble buying 3rd party gift cards at the registers with Safeway cards. Occasionally they run a promotion at the pharmacy, i.e. fill five prescriptions, get a $50 Safeway gift card. I've turned those into Disney. But, like you, I can't come up with any way to get a significant payout. The only thing I can think of is cycling them between Amazon and Safeway to get the gas rewards. But since I only fill up twice a month, and only 10 gallons per fill-up, that means a maximum of $20 savings per month for me. Maybe someone else will be able to chime in with an idea.

I actually did think about cycling between Amazon and Safeway for the gas rewards. But I don't have a Safeway gas station anywhere near me, and Chevron limits Safeway's gas rewards to just $0.20/gallon. My car has a 15 gallon tank that I maybe fill up twice a month, so that limits me to $3 savings per pump. (I'm not going to buy and bring a gas can to get more savings out of this.) But since I always try to pump at Costco, where gas is already $0.20-0.30/gallon cheaper, Safeway's gas rewards isn't much of a deal for me. They're just nice to have when I'm running low on gas and not near a Costco gas station.

I actually did think about cycling between Amazon and Safeway for the gas rewards. But I don't have a Safeway gas station anywhere near me, and Chevron limits Safeway's gas rewards to just $0.20/gallon. My car has a 15 gallon tank that I maybe fill up twice a month, so that limits me to $3 savings per pump. (I'm not going to buy and bring a gas can to get more savings out of this.) But since I always try to pump at Costco, where gas is already $0.20-0.30/gallon cheaper, Safeway's gas rewards isn't much of a deal for me. They're just nice to have when I'm running low on gas and not near a Costco gas station.

That does limit you for sure. I don't have a Safeway gas station near me either but I can use up to $1.00/gallon at Chevron.

Got a couple of DGC's with store gift cards today. Got $100 at Target, with cashier, with about $20 of other stuff, used $100 worth of Target gift cards with no problem. Got $110 at Best Buy, no other items, paid with all BB eGCs no problems. For kicks and giggles I asked the cashier if it was ok to do all gift cards and she said "yeah" like 'why would it be a problem?' so Oxford Valley, Pa area no issues still for both stores.

Keep forgetting to check here, I don't think it's been mentioned, but Acme has a myMixx coupon for $10 off a $150 Visa or MasterCard purchase. Good through 9/2/17. Not great, but if you've got nothing else going on might be something when you count CC and/or Gas rewards.

Stop & shop is having their spend $100 on certain gift cards and receive $15 off your next shopping trip again this week. (Best Buy is included) 15% off is pretty good these days (21% if you have the blue cash preffered) I did 5 separate transactions today and everything went perfectly. I was a little concerned the card would get declined by the 5th transaction for a fraud alert but it didn't.

Keep forgetting to check here, I don't think it's been mentioned, but Acme has a myMixx coupon for $10 off a $150 Visa or MasterCard purchase. Good through 9/2/17. Not great, but if you've got nothing else going on might be something when you count CC and/or Gas rewards.

Best Buy has "Buy $150 e-gift card Get $15" posted by @Lain a few pages back and it stacks with shopkicks double points this weekend only. Rite Aid has a deal too. Some nice savings can be had this month!

So I'm wondering. I have the spend $300 at best buy get a $30 statement credit on my am ex still. It says it can be used online. Think that will work with the spend $150 get $15 they've got going on? Has anyone tried it?

So I'm wondering. I have the spend $300 at best buy get a $30 statement credit on my am ex still. It says it can be used online. Think that will work with the spend $150 get $15 they've got going on? Has anyone tried it?

It won't stack. The Amex Offer terms specifically exclude eGift cards, which is what you're buying from this deal. And the eGift cards are processed through CashStar, not BestBuy .com, so it won't trigger the Amex Offer.

The "get $15 for buying a $150 BB GC" goes thru Cashstar, not BB. So it won't work with the AmEx offer.

ETA @Lain you beat me to the punch!

Stop & shop is having their spend $100 on certain gift cards and receive $15 off your next shopping trip again this week. (Best Buy is included) 15% off is pretty good these days (21% if you have the blue cash preffered) I did 5 separate transactions today and everything went perfectly. I was a little concerned the card would get declined by the 5th transaction for a fraud alert but it didn't.

Thanks Traveling. Going to to to S&S later and pick a few up. When can you use the $15 dollar off? Is there a time you have to wait or just your next trip? Do they have the "activate for any amount" cards for BB or just set amounts.

Thanks Traveling. Going to to to S&S later and pick a few up. When can you use the $15 dollar off? Is there a time you have to wait or just your next trip? Do they have the "activate for any amount" cards for BB or just set amounts.

Had to go to Stop And Shop to pick some stuff up anyway so I figured I'd pick up a BB GC for $100, they have fixed amounts and the 'Activate for Any Amount" type. Got the $15 coupon. Went back in and tried to get a BB for $15. Unfortunately the coupon is not good for GC's and the system won't allow it. If I had known I would have bought the BB GC first and then gone shopping and picked up another BB card for $15 along with eveything else. I am sure I'll be back again and spend more then $30 (including the BB GC) and should be able to use the coupon then.

Has anyone gotten their ShopKicks from buying GCs at Best Buy this weekend? I made my purchase on Friday and still do not have my kicks.

Has anyone gotten their ShopKicks from buying GCs at Best Buy this weekend? I made my purchase on Friday and still do not have my kicks.

Me neither. Also bought Friday. It's never taken this long. I'm getting a little worried. But since we're not supposed to be getting kicks on GCs, I can't exactly contact them and ask where my kicks are.

Just another couple data points for Target. I was successfully able to convert $2K to Disney (via cashier) over the weekend between two Targets in the Western PA area. Kmart was another story. One of my go-to locations suddenly had a "cash only" sign for gift card purchases. Store employees informed me this is a corporate rule and has been the policy for quite some time (completely untrue as I've been using them all year). I went to a different location and was able to convert to Disney with no issue........"corporate rule" my butt!!

I also purchased mine on Friday and have not received my kicks yet. I will say that I purchased a $25 Disney GC using a Best Buy GC on Wednesday and didn't receive those kicks until Friday.

i'm gonna try this with my new BCP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter