Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
reporting back a couple of days late. went to bb&b evergreen. waiting until pg lady was elsewhere. got started on the transaction and she appeared and told the other cashier NO. we can not do that. took my bb&b gc to cedarhills no problem.

Boy, it sure is inconsistent. Cedar Hills was the second store I went to and was flatly denied by the cashier. It's where I asked to speak to the manager. Still haven't heard back from my online feedback regarding my first store experience. I think there's a store in Tigard, but I'm reluctant to drive all the way out there on a slim chance that it works. Glad it worked for you.

I have no idea what's going on with my BJs orders. I tried multiple times yesterday- all cancelled within an hour, tried today with same credit card- cancelled, tried using a Visa gift card- cancelled. Thought maybe my account was "frozen" somehow so I created a new account and changed my email address but that order was cancelled as well. I caved in and called and the gal on the other end put my order through but mentioned that after 3 failed attempts it usually won't work anymore(?) so now I'm waiting to see if phone ordering gets around the cancellation as some here have suggested. My best advice for anyone who finds themselves getting a BJs order cancelled is don't try it again online, call BJs instead. I think I screwed myself over trying too many times and BJs is just auto-canceling my orders at this point. I figure if the phone order doesn't go through someone else in my family is about to get a BJs account...

I've paid my Waste Management (garbage) bill online using small balance gift cards. I've submitted 5+ separate payments back to back without issue.
Disney will be happy to take a $5.01 payment toward any future trip you have planned. I would do that over trying to churn $5 through something else.

I usually use it to reload my amazon gift card balance. You can load any small amount.

Not sure if anyone has posted but top cash back is doing the hummingbird deals. Just click on various stores and you might find one. I think the store today is eBay.

reporting back a couple of days late. went to bb&b evergreen. waiting until pg lady was elsewhere. got started on the transaction and she appeared and told the other cashier NO. we can not do that. took my bb&b gc to cedarhills no problem.
Curse the pregnant lady!

Not really, but I'm amused she showed up while you were checking out to shut you down again. I'm glad you were able to do it at a different store.

Cards arrived yesterday thankfully.

As for BB & B I wouldn't expect them to do much. Had a cashier forget an item in my bag and they never would credit me because they couldn't see enough on their camera and it wasn't found. She probably gave it to the next customer.

So what do you guys do with small ($5.01) balance on visa or MasterCard gift cards. Since I have to use it online (no physical card) and I haven't found anyone that take multiple payments.
I tried to use it at the grocery store but it didn't work so I just loaded it to my Amazon account, no issues.

So, BJs has been cancelling all my online orders. Called, placed an order yesterday & got confirmation of my order today! Looks like I'll have to call my orders in for awhile, but it worked!

Not sure if anyone has posted but top cash back is doing the hummingbird deals. Just click on various stores and you might find one. I think the store today is eBay.

What is a hummingbird deal?

ETA: I went to Topcashback, clicked on eBay, and there was a hummingbird flying around the page. I clicked on him and now I guess I need to find more hummingbirds to get entered into a contest. This is new to me - thanks!

About a hour ago I received an email from the District Customer Service Manager at BB&B, apologizing and asking me to give him a call so we can resolve this gift card issue. When I called he apologized again and confirmed that you can purchase gift cards with BB&B gift cards. The only ones you can't purchase are the open loop cards, i.e. Visa, MasterCard, AMEX. He said they used to not allow any GC to GC transactions, but the policy changed a couple of years ago.

He said he had been in contact with the store manager about this. He also wanted to know if the associate actually said "money laundering" and I confirmed that she did. He chuckled in disbelief and said sometimes their associates get over zealous. He said he wanted to make it right and if I was willing to give them another chance he would call whichever store I preferred to let them know I was coming in. The Tanasbourne store is really close, so I told him I could go in right away.

At the store, I handed my BB&B gift cards to the cashier and she hesitated before telling me that she didn't think I could buy a GC with GC. I politely asked her if she would mind checking with a manager. She called for the MOD. While we waited, the cashier at the next register looked over and asked my cashier if there was a problem. My cashier explained what I was trying to do and the other cashier very emphatically told her that they don't allow it. At that moment the manager walked up and said that it's fine. He said to both cashiers that buying Disney gift cards is fine, it's the Visa and MasterCard gift cards that aren't allowed. I made sure to thank him. The cashier finished my transaction and we chatted about Disney briefly.

I didn't see my nemesis, the pregnant lady. i'm hoping word gets around to all the associates so that this isn't a problem in the future. I don't plan to do this regularly, but it's a nice way to use my Discover rewards.

About a hour ago I received an email from the District Customer Service Manager at BB&B, apologizing and asking me to give him a call so we can resolve this gift card issue. When I called he apologized again and confirmed that you can purchase gift cards with BB&B gift cards. The only ones you can't purchase are the open loop cards, i.e. Visa, MasterCard, AMEX. He said they used to not allow any GC to GC transactions, but the policy changed a couple of years ago.

He said he had been in contact with the store manager about this. He also wanted to know if the associate actually said "money laundering" and I confirmed that she did. He chuckled in disbelief and said sometimes their associates get over zealous. He said he wanted to make it right and if I was willing to give them another chance he would call whichever store I preferred to let them know I was coming in. The Tanasbourne store is really close, so I told him I could go in right away.

At the store, I handed my BB&B gift cards to the cashier and she hesitated before telling me that she didn't think I could buy a GC with GC. I politely asked her if she would mind checking with a manager. She called for the MOD. While we waited, the cashier at the next register looked over and asked my cashier if there was a problem. My cashier explained what I was trying to do and the other cashier very emphatically told her that they don't allow it. At that moment the manager walked up and said that it's fine. He said to both cashiers that buying Disney gift cards is fine, it's the Visa and MasterCard gift cards that aren't allowed. I made sure to thank him. The cashier finished my transaction and we chatted about Disney briefly.

I didn't see my nemesis, the pregnant lady. i'm hoping word gets around to all the associates so that this isn't a problem in the future. I don't plan to do this regularly, but it's a nice way to use my Discover rewards.

This is great. Too bad you don't have it in writing though :laughing: But in my case it didn't matter.

I had this same issue with Walgreens. Was able to do one transaction. Then the next 5 times got shut down - at 4 different Walgreens. After the 4th time getting shut down, I emailed corporate in which they replied that it is fine to buy a gift card with a gift card. So I went back to the store and the manager said no. I showed him the email and he still said no. Needless to say I held on to $300 worth of Walgreens gift cards for almost a year. That's when I was able to get rid of them in Denver (Golden actually) without any issue.

I'm registered at Buy Buy Baby. I'm going to see how it pans out if I get gift cards for there and try to use them at BB&B. If we're good to go, I'll use my Discover rewards for more.

Thanks for updating us all and glad it worked out! :grouphug:

Wow, I wish I could give this post more likes! You really went above and beyond to prove your point, and I'm so glad you've been vindicated!

BB&B $100 eGCs often sell for $90 on eBay/PPDG, which earns 3x UR when paying with CIP and 5x UR when paying with CIC/Ink+ credit cards, so there's a deal to be had if you can trade it in for a Disney GC. (But for the same discount, BBY eGCs seem to be more of a sure thing.)

I've been looking into the BB&B situation, and it seems a fair amount of people who comment on SD, Reddit, DoC, FM know that BB&B allows GC>GC but keep it on the down low. With all the reports in just this thread about uninformed cashiers shutting us down, I'm scratching my head how these people even get their transactions through. It almost doesn't seem worth the hassle. One tip I read was to use the eGC to order a physical BB&B GC (free shipping) on the website and then use the physical GC in stores. I haven't tried this personally, but I suppose it could work. It would add a few days to the flip, but I wonder if it would make the in-store transaction easier if you can just swipe the physical card at the terminal.

@Eighty8Keys, were you using an eGC?

Wow, I wish I could give this post more likes! You really went above and beyond to prove your point, and I'm so glad you've been vindicated!

BB&B $100 eGCs often sell for $90 on eBay/PPDG, which earns 3x UR when paying with CIP and 5x UR when paying with CIC/Ink+ credit cards, so there's a deal to be had if you can trade it in for a Disney GC. (But for the same discount, BBY eGCs seem to be more of a sure thing.)

I've been looking into the BB&B situation, and it seems a fair amount of people who comment on SD, Reddit, DoC, FM know that BB&B allows GC>GC but keep it on the down low. With all the reports in just this thread about uninformed cashiers shutting us down, I'm scratching my head how these people even get their transactions through. It almost doesn't seem worth the hassle. One tip I read was to use the eGC to order a physical BB&B GC (free shipping) on the website and then use the physical GC in stores. I haven't tried this personally, but I suppose it could work. It would add a few days to the flip, but I wonder if it would make the in-store transaction easier if you can just swipe the physical card at the terminal.

@Eighty8Keys, were you using an eGC?

Thanks! I had physical gift cards. I tried swiping when i made my first purchase a couple of weeks ago, but it didn't work. The cashier said she needed to scan them.

I'll certainly be checking out deals on BB&B gift cards in the future. I don't have either the CIP or the CIC yet, but plan to apply in early September.

BB&B $100 eGCs often sell for $90 on eBay/PPDG, which earns 3x UR when paying with CIP
I was blocked from using eBay/PPDG for GC's, nothing official but they would not go through no matter how many hours I spent on the phone with ebay so I gave up on that whole route. I didn't know about the CIP 3x UR for purchases thought, what category does that fall under?

I think I saw a deal for spend $100 on third party gc at Stop and Shop- get $15 off next transaction...not sure what brands count.... I hope I get my BCP soon so I can do this!

I was blocked from using eBay/PPDG for GC's, nothing official but they would not go through no matter how many hours I spent on the phone with ebay so I gave up on that whole route. I didn't know about the CIP 3x UR for purchases thought, what category does that fall under?

PPDG earns 3x with CIP (and 5x with Ink+/CIC) under, I believe internet services or utilities. Venmo, Gyft and Swych (when paying with PayPal), CashStar, and Cardcash codes similarly.

Any idea how long this Walmart Chase pay deal is going?

Also, what do you do with your Disney Gift cards? Pay for part of your trip vs pay with CSR and get the 3x rewards?

Any idea how long this Walmart Chase pay deal is going?

Also, what do you do with your Disney Gift cards? Pay for part of your trip vs pay with CSR and get the 3x rewards?
End of the month, but don't wait that long. My last order took a few days to process so the charge dropped of my CSR & didn't post again until my order was fulfilled. Because it took so long the transaction date is listed as the 2nd time it went pending- a few days after I made it.

You may pay for anything with a Disney gift card. I pay for my package before arriving & my room charges each night. I save more than 3% on my gift cards so I'll take that over the CSR any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!