Disney Fantasy November 18, 2017 (Eastern Caribbean)

It's so wonderful to see more and more cruise-mates coming online here. In order to try and plan some pre-cruise meets for the kiddos, where is everyone from? We're located in San Antonio, TX.

New to the boards and Disney cruising. We have done multiple Royal cruises and want to try something different. Our boys are 4 and 6.

New to the boards and Disney cruising. We have done multiple Royal cruises and want to try something different. Our boys are 4 and 6.
Welcome, Val. I'm sure your boys are going to have a GREAT time. I look forward to meeting your family on the cruise.

This will be our third fourth cruise; first time on the Fantasy! Like others have said, now, all we have to do is hurry up and wait!!! Saw FE programs on other cruises and we are interested in it for the cruise in November. Neither of us have time to spearhead it but will be watching for when someone steps up!!!

Does anyone know if the Pre-Arrival Guides still exist? We had one for our cruise Dec '15, which was a pdf that outlined our itinerary, things to do on the ship, when payments were due, etc. but I can't seem to find it on the DCL site for this upcoming cruise. I wonder if that feature was taken away when they updated their website?

Hi!! This will be our 2nd Disney Fantasy Cruise over thanksgiving week!! We have a 5 year old daughter and 15 year old son. Anyone know if a fish extender page has been started yet? I can start a FB page. I would be happy to organize the Fish Extender program but we have never participated before so not sure how or what to do!!

Does anyone know if the Pre-Arrival Guides still exist? We had one for our cruise Dec '15, which was a pdf that outlined our itinerary, things to do on the ship, when payments were due, etc. but I can't seem to find it on the DCL site for this upcoming cruise. I wonder if that feature was taken away when they updated their website?
No idea but would love to see one!

Can't wait to head back on the Fantasy and do Thanksgiving all over again. amazing cruise - best week to do it. Does anyone know how the Fish Extender program works. Would like to get involved in that.
I would love to get involved in that too!! so far I don't see anyone has started anything yet! Let me know if you want to get this started with me.

Hello all! Is this the official thread for the 2017 Thanksgiving cruise? We just booked the cruise last week and I'm looking for the right thread. My family and I have done one 7-night Fantasy cruise before and couldn't wait to get back to do it again. Thanksgiving week seemed like a good idea. Anyone else ever done a Thanksgiving week cruise with DCL?
Yes we did 2014 loved it!!

Hi DPan, we did FE last and it was a blast. We probably won't do it this time though since the kids are bigger and would rather spend their time doing other stuff. Usually, someone on this thread will volunteer to organize the FE for the cruise. This really just consists of keeping a list of each cabin and it's occupants that post that they want to participate (keeping a master list). On our last cruise, the organizer broke the master list up into groups of 10-12 cabins each. That way, you had a group of 10-12 cabins you were exchanging gifts with. We had 3 groups on our last cruise. The organizer will maintain and update the master list(s) as folks post here they want to participate, usually posting updated versions of the list to the thread here. You can find a FAQ on Fish Extenders here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33184281&postcount=2. If you've never done it before, I highly recommend it. It can be a lot of fun and another way to meet your cruise mates and their families.
Thank you for the info!! We would love to participate but do not see any organizers on here. I could organize it but wouldprefer to do it through a FB group plus not sure what I would be doing!!. Do you know if there are FBgroups for our cruise? Thank you!

Thank you for the info!! We would love to participate but do not see any organizers on here. I could organize it but wouldprefer to do it through a FB group plus not sure what I would be doing!!. Do you know if there are FBgroups for our cruise? Thank you!
Hello Tatum,
No one has volunteered to start a FB page or organize the FE group yet, so if you're willing, it's all yours. On my last cruise, the FE organizer simple kept a spreadsheet with a list of the cabins (including names and ages of guests in the cabins) that wanted to participate in the FE. She would cap each "sheet" of the spreadsheet at 15 cabins, so that the FE groups were limited to exchanging between 15 cabins. We ended up with three different groups of 15 (actually, two of 15 and one of 14). The organizer would post the spreadsheet to the Disboards page for the cruise so anyone could download it at any time and see the FE groupings and who was staying in each cabin. She updated it about once a week or so. Someone in the Disboards group also started a FB page for the cruise that is actually still active over a year later (we all became pretty good friends). Please feel free to post the FB link here once you've built the page and we'll get the moderator to make the post "sticky" on page 1 so it's easy to find. Thanks!

Hello all this will be me and my wife's first Disney cruise(second cruise ever) we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary and what better way than with Mickey and a christmas cruise. we would love to join one of the fish extender groups and our very excited to particapate

! We just booked and are so excited! It's going to be our first Disney Cruise, our almost 5 year old boy is going to be so happy! We just wanted to hello! And, is there a FE group we could join

My sons are 4 and 6, looks like they will have good company with 5 year old boys. We live in Ohio.

Just to let everyone know there is a group for this cruise on Facebook and they are doing sign ups for fishextender groups ornament exchange groups mixology classes and a couple of other things just search on FB for Disney fantasy November 18 and you should find it it's a private group

I'm so excited!!!!! We just booked this cruise and our friends were able to get a cabin as well. We had to wait until someone cancelled because it was sold out. This will be our second Disney Cruise and first time on the Fantasy. We sailed on an 8 day cruise on the Magic out of Galveston in March 2013. We had an amazing time! The ship even stopped at Disney World in the middle of the cruise. I'm not sure they do that anymore. The only bummer of our cruise was the weather was not the best and we were unable to go to Castaway Cay due to the wind. We cruised on The Allure in February 2017 to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We had a great time, however, we kept comparing to DCL. We are excited to be cruising with Disney again. We have a 16 year old daughter and a 13 year old son. We are also traveling with friends who have never been on a cruise. They are in for the biggest surprise. They will get addicted like the rest of us. LOL :)They have a 9 year old daughter and a 12 year old son. We are all from Idaho Falls, Idaho. We had a blast participating in the Fish Extender program on our last cruise. Not sure how to set that up. I sure hope we have that on our cruise. It is so much fun! Looking forward to meeting all of you. My friend and I are Realtors with Keller Williams and the only way we get a break from our phones is on a cruise ship. We all need a vacation.

Hooray! I found you all! So excited to be going on our first Disney cruise! We are a family of four from CA, taking our first Disney cruise to celebrate my 40th bday. We have a 7 yr old daughter and a 5 yr old son. Looking forward to meeting you all! And I definitely want to participate in the FE program. Sounds like a list is forming on Facebook... I'm going to go check it out. Any tips from veteran cruisers much appreciated!

This will be our second Disney cruise ever- did the same itinerary last year during election week. This year we're super excited to take advantage of the Very Merrytime features and to share in the experience with my parents and some good friends of ours. We're from NC. Ages of kiddos at the time of cruise will be: 11, 10, 7, 6 and 4. 11 and 10 year old are hoping to hang at the Vibe, but I suspect they may also try and venture in to the Oceaneers to spy on their younger siblings. ;) Can't wait to celebrate Thanksgiving dinner (yay for not having to cook or do dishes!!) on board, either.

Hello! We are first timers sailing on the DCL Fantasy this Thanksgiving. We live in Victoria MN, a suburb of Minneapolis. My kids (boy 13.5 and girl 11.2 years old) are so excited, but so are mom and dad! Interested in the Fish Extender group if someone can point me to how to sign up. Also, assuming that since my daughter will only be just shy of 12, she probably will not get to be in the Vibe club? My son is determined to convince the CM's to let him in...a bit nervous about how this will go as need my kids to hang together. Looking forward to meeting folks onboard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter