Disney Fantasy changes since dry dock

Wish we'd known that! Surely the maintenance guys onboard would know?! Really it smelled like sewage. Ugh.
Unfortunately no they don't. We had the same problem on the Magic out of drydock in 2010. We had maint come out and they couldn't figure it out. Happened to be talking to someone at work because we were getting the same smell on the bathrooms and he told me about the water in the drains. A lot of places use a small line from the sink to keep them full but, over time they get blocked for 1 reason or another and the trap dries out.

We stayed in the last room on the side of the ship all the way aft on deck 7, very Mina vibrations on occassion, no issue. However the inlaws were directly below us on deck 6 with horrible vibrations.

What "other cruise lines" have free wifi? Unless you're just talking about the communication onboard - that's "free". Internet usage - that has a cost.
Sounds like just a few have free wifi which includes river cruises and Regent.

It is a delicious dish served in Animator's Palate on, I think it was the Crush show night? I don't take pics of my food, but if you search this forum, I know there are others that have. It is basically cheese filled pasta with Black truffle and champagne sauce. Very yummy.
Sounds delicious! Don't think I've tried it but I will next time.

I also noticed that the flowers in the Enchanted garden seemed to be working again- but I might have been confused with my last trip on the Dream.

What do the flowers do? I don't remember if I've seen the flowers do anything.

We sailed on the 9/23 Fantasy. There is quite a change in the on demand menu. In general, things are much easier to find. The red decorative pillow on the queen bed was missing. Our room attendant said those pillows were being recycled and the next cruise after ours would have new ones. Curious what the 9/30 cruisers had in their cabins? The small red pillows for the couch were still in the cabin.

My daughter noticed changes in carpet, wood floors, etc..

The menus actually changed before drydock. We sailed in April and our server told us when he rejoined the Fantasy a couple weeks earlier, the new menus were in place. We really like the changes in general. There seems to be a pasta option at each MDR dinner which one member of our family appreciates. Some changes on the lunch menus at Tritons as well.

We did not have to fill out a customs form which was a great change although I can't imagine that had anything to do with dry dock. A form only needs to be completed if your family exceeds the duty free allowance. One less thing to do at the end of the cruise.:sunny:

Major is in the eye of the beholder but to us there were some nice changes to the Fantasy menus last Spring IMO. It seems to me that most of the favorites people post about are still on the dinner menus but there are definitely more pasta dishes. At lunch, there are fewer entrees listed as such. Instead, there are two burgers listed each day, small plates, two entree salads (IIRC) as well as several "entrees." The burgers always include the standard beef burger but the other one is a sausage one day, a Southwestern burger another,etc..

I missed the chilled soups on the Fantasy last week. Previous cruises (mostly the Wonder) had chilled soups at almost every dinner and table-service lunch from what I recall, but I never saw them onboard. When I asked the head-server about it, he said they did have a few and he asked which was my favorite and he had the strawberry bisque prepared for my dinner table the next night. :)

I was also on the Fantasy September 23rd cruise. Had a great time! :) I haven't been on the Fantasy since May 2014 so don't know if everything I noticed as different is just from the recent dry dock or not but here's my list.

* Tiffany's jewelry shop
* Can't remember which store it was but they had a whole section that seemed to be just Kate Spade
* The Sweet on You -ice cream and special sweets shop
* Remy's - we were told that they had a new menu just a a few days so guess that started with my cruise. There were still items that I recognized from my first visit but some different items as well.
* Palo's brunch also had some new items on the menu.
* Overall - thought the food was better on this cruise in all areas
* Hand washing area outside of Cabanas
* Dole Whip that you could get with Rum! :-)

There's probably more but those are the ones that I can think of for now. :)

Does anyone have recent menus?? (The cruiselineblog ones are getting really outdated, especially considering the dry dock changes) Thanks, friends!

Does anyone have recent menus?? (The cruiselineblog ones are getting really outdated, especially considering the dry dock changes) Thanks, friends!
Menus don't change all that often, in spite of whether there's been a dry dock. Menus are pretty standard across the fleet.

But, I agree, some of them need to be updated. Hopefully recent cruisers will submit menus to Scott for addition to the the blog.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter