Disney Fantasy changes since dry dock

wlee7

Mouseketeer
Hi alll,
Since the Fantasy came out of the dry dock has anyone noticed any subtle changes or upgrades on the ship? Like did they upgrade the Wifi, make repairs on aqualab(noticed a few things did not work), menu changes, uniform changes, etc.

thanks,
Will

Hi alll,
Since the Fantasy came out of the dry dock has anyone noticed any subtle changes or upgrades on the ship? Like did they upgrade the Wifi, make repairs on aqualab(noticed a few things did not work), menu changes, uniform changes, etc.

thanks,
Will
Carpet was replaced in many many areas, including the atrium. it might not be as noticeable now, but when we were on it right after dry dock, it was 'shedding' and someone had the job of sweeping it all up during dining room seatings and other events. They also were replacing all of the carpet on the stairways.

I also noticed that the flowers in the Enchanted garden seemed to be working again- but I might have been confused with my last trip on the Dream.

Another change that I did not see highlighted was the "Andy's room" doorway in the Oceaneer Club. They now have the ability to close the door to that room from the main club area. This allows them to open a door that is outside of the Clubs secured programming space for open house and toddler time activities without anyone needing to go into the Club area. I didn't get a picture of it, but it makes sense. They can now have toddler time with adults and stuff in that single room, while the rest of the Oceaneer Club remains secure kids only programming.

We sailed in May right after drydock and the menus were changed. Subtle changes, but changes nonetheless. As long as they still had the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes, I didn't care. LOL We had so many technical glitches throughout the week, not sure what was caused by dry dock or not. They had changed carpets, repolished decks in pool area, if they upgraded wifi, it was not noticed...we had a terrible time with it.

Oh I forgot this one. They were still in process of repainting the funnels and the ships name on the side!

Well...they didn't fix the vibration or the unbelievable noise in the aft balcony rooms....and there was some terrible smell coming from the bathroom that they were unable to fix during the cruise. They were able to fix the AC which wasn't working so...I guess that was a good thing. And yes, the wifi was still the same. Still our favorite Disney ship though...

Well...they didn't fix the vibration or the unbelievable noise in the aft balcony rooms....and there was some terrible smell coming from the bathroom that they were unable to fix during the cruise. They were able to fix the AC which wasn't working so...I guess that was a good thing. And yes, the wifi was still the same. Still our favorite Disney ship though...
We found the vibration (on our 2017 cruise) to be less than it was for our 2014 cruise.

But it's still there.

Last edited:
Carpet was replaced in many many areas, including the atrium. it might not be as noticeable now, but when we were on it right after dry dock, it was 'shedding' and someone had the job of sweeping it all up during dining room seatings and other events. They also were replacing all of the carpet on the stairways.

I also noticed that the flowers in the Enchanted garden seemed to be working again- but I might have been confused with my last trip on the Dream.

Another change that I did not see highlighted was the "Andy's room" doorway in the Oceaneer Club. They now have the ability to close the door to that room from the main club area. This allows them to open a door that is outside of the Clubs secured programming space for open house and toddler time activities without anyone needing to go into the Club area. I didn't get a picture of it, but it makes sense. They can now have toddler time with adults and stuff in that single room, while the rest of the Oceaneer Club remains secure kids only programming.

Thanks. We've been on the Fantasy for the past few years and noticed in our room the carpet started to show age, the walls started to chip and some parts of the Aqualab stopped working. I'm glad they fixed a lot of these items.

We sailed in May right after drydock and the menus were changed. Subtle changes, but changes nonetheless. As long as they still had the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes, I didn't care. LOL We had so many technical glitches throughout the week, not sure what was caused by dry dock or not. They had changed carpets, repolished decks in pool area, if they upgraded wifi, it was not noticed...we had a terrible time with it.

What's the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes? Is that served on a certain night? Have a pciture of it?

That's too bad about the Wifi. I had hoped they upgraded it. From what I hear other cruise lines have theirs for free and it works very well.

We stayed in an aft room one year. It was only noisy when we were turning at a port. But I'd say I'd rather have that room than the one we had last year which was right under neath the gym. All we could hear was thumping from the treadmills. Ugh:worried:!!

As for bathrooms we had issues with the toilet not flushing in the aft room. Turns out a whole section of the ship had issues. After a few hours they fixed it and that night they sent us chocolate covered strawberries and apologized for any troubles. Man what great service!:)

We stayed in an aft room one year. It was only noisy when we were turning at a port. But I'd say I'd rather have that room than the one we had last year which was right under neath the gym. All we could hear was thumping from the treadmills. Ugh:worried:!!

As for bathrooms we had issues with the toilet not flushing in the aft room. Turns out a whole section of the ship had issues. After a few hours they fixed it and that night they sent us chocolate covered strawberries and apologized for any troubles. Man what great service!:)

Ours was noisy the entire cruise and much worse when we were at a higher speed. I could have lived with the vibration but I'm a light sleeper and the noise made it impossible. I was literally exhausted when we got home. They did give us a bottle of wine (thanks, but we don't drink) that was promptly taken away at security. Forgot I had it in my carry-on. :-)

I always check what's above us (would never stay below Cabanas, gym, etc.) but knowing how highly coveted aft balconies usually are didn't think we'd have the problems we did.

Ours was noisy the entire cruise and much worse when we were at a higher speed. I could have lived with the vibration but I'm a light sleeper and the noise made it impossible. I was literally exhausted when we got home. They did give us a bottle of wine (thanks, but we don't drink) that was promptly taken away at security. Forgot I had it in my carry-on. :-)

I always check what's above us (would never stay below Cabanas, gym, etc.) but knowing how highly coveted aft balconies usually are didn't think we'd have the problems we did.

Perhaps a dumb question but are you talking about the rooms all the way at the back of the ship, or just generally in the "aft" section of rooms? Our cabin for our cruise this winter is a balcony that is listed as aft, though it is more toward the middle of the ship, so just curious if this noise issue is something we might encounter.

From what I hear other cruise lines have theirs for free and it works very well.
What "other cruise lines" have free wifi? Unless you're just talking about the communication onboard - that's "free". Internet usage - that has a cost.

Perhaps a dumb question but are you talking about the rooms all the way at the back of the ship, or just generally in the "aft" section of rooms? Our cabin for our cruise this winter is a balcony that is listed as aft, though it is more toward the middle of the ship, so just curious if this noise issue is something we might encounter.

Sorry...should have been more clear. It was an aft-facing room - so all the way. It was on deck 5 as well. If you're more towards the middle, you shouldn't have any vibration.

What's the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes? Is that served on a certain night? Have a pciture of it?
It is a delicious dish served in Animator's Palate on, I think it was the Crush show night? I don't take pics of my food, but if you search this forum, I know there are others that have. It is basically cheese filled pasta with Black truffle and champagne sauce. Very yummy.

....and there was some terrible smell coming from the bathroom that they were unable to fix during the cruise.

The smell most likely was coming from a dried out p trap. All you have to do is take about 2 glasses of water, and pour them down the drains in the bathroom and the 1/2 bath. The water blocks any gasses that escape.

We found the vibration (on our 2017 cruise) to be less than it was for our 2014 cruise.

But it's still there.
We were on in August and did not have any issues with vibrations. The only time I noticed anything was one night in Animator's and we were pulling away from the dock. Thrusters were on full. Other than that, nothing. This was our 4th time on the Fantasy.

Hi alll,

thanks,
Will
All of the AquaLab was working in August.

We were on in August and did not have any issues with vibrations. The only time I noticed anything was one night in Animator's and we were pulling away from the dock. Thrusters were on full. Other than that, nothing. This was our 4th time on the Fantasy.

What cabin were you in?

The smell most likely was coming from a dried out p trap. All you have to do is take about 2 glasses of water, and pour them down the drains in the bathroom and the 1/2 bath. The water blocks any gasses that escape.

Wish we'd known that! Surely the maintenance guys onboard would know?! Really it smelled like sewage. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!