Disney Emoji Blitz

New update released today with the Star Wars event. You need to get Kylo, Rey or BB-8 from a diamond box to get the x2 to defeat Kylo.

Looks like it runs for 11 days, so plenty of time to complete.

I got Finn from the diamond box and receive 2x the light sabers. Hoping that it moves faster than the NBC one did. I was only able to get 4/5 with that one.

It looks like in order to get all three of the new characters (not including Kylo Ren), you need to spend (at least) 400 gems. There is one Diamond Box reward in the middle of the event, but the other two characters will need to be purchased from the Diamond Box. I read elsewhere that they've changed the system so that you must unlock the character from the Diamond Box before it show as available in the Gold Box. In other words, Finn, Rey, and BB-8 will not be available via the Gold Box after the event ends unless you've already unlocked them during the event (either as the reward or by buying a Diamond Box). Some of this is hinted at in the Diamond Box information ("Get Rey, Finn, and BB-8! Unlocked ONLY in the Diamond Box. Limited time only!").

It looks like in order to get all three of the new characters (not including Kylo Ren), you need to spend (at least) 400 gems. There is one Diamond Box reward in the middle of the event, but the other two characters will need to be purchased from the Diamond Box. I read elsewhere that they've changed the system so that you must unlock the character from the Diamond Box before it show as available in the Gold Box. In other words, Finn, Rey, and BB-8 will not be available via the Gold Box after the event ends unless you've already unlocked them during the event (either as the reward or by buying a Diamond Box). Some of this is hinted at in the Diamond Box information ("Get Rey, Finn, and BB-8! Unlocked ONLY in the Diamond Box. Limited time only!").

Ooohh... I don't like that at all! :) I did read the information that they will only be unlocked in the diamond box, but I didn't realize that might apply to future diamond boxes, too!

Bummer. How's everyone's collection of lightsabers going? Mine's slow so far, even at 2x the points.

I have 18 light sabers to go on level 17. I am just using Santa Mickey. I will switch to a x2 after level 25 when I get the free diamond box.

Seems as though they are dropping more infrequently than in the past. Even using a 2x character, I’m only getting 4-6 on average.

I got Finn in the free diamond box. He is terrible. I bought another box and got BB8. His power is better than Finn's and he is cuter, but even doubling the lightsabers, Santa Mickey is better at the event than he is.

Is anyone else experiencing SUPER battery drain when playing Emoji Blitz? It's been happening for me for a while, but seems to be getting worse. I went from 54% to 33% playing my 5 games on my iPhone 6S with the latest iOS updates on it.

Is anyone else experiencing SUPER battery drain when playing Emoji Blitz? It's been happening for me for a while, but seems to be getting worse. I went from 54% to 33% playing my 5 games on my iPhone 6S with the latest iOS updates on it.

I have a Google Pixel and I've noticed that this game and another non-disney game I play use quite a bit of battery power.

No noticeable battery drain for me. I am on a Samsung S7.

I am chugging away on the event. I just opened the last level. 115 lightsabers to go.

I am struggling with the fact that they haven't released an update for iPhone 8/new iOS. It is really laggy and very hard to do challenges that require blitz mode and high scores. With the lag my scores are about a quarter of what they were before I bought my new phone :( they keep saying an update is coming, but given they have released two updates since they announced they were aware of the issue and neither fixed it i suspect they don't know how to fix it yet...

I think they’ve made a conscious decision to make the 2x power-up necessary this time. I had a bunch of them stockpiled and tried several with very good results. I don’t think I have enough to finish the whole thing, but that’s probably what they’re counting on. Rey with 2x power-up is getting 14-16 most games.

I guess they just want to make more money off the app than they have been.

Sounds like everyone is doing better than me. I've been playing with Finn, wasn't as thrilled with BB8, and I'm lucky to be getting 2 per game. A few times I got 12 after the 2x power up. But it's going very slow.

Sounds like everyone is doing better than me. I've been playing with Finn, wasn't as thrilled with BB8, and I'm lucky to be getting 2 per game. A few times I got 12 after the 2x power up. But it's going very slow.
Yeah. Definite grind. Even with 6 more days, they’ve made it almost impossible without buying more power ups.

Oh, you are not alone...I have tried all sorts of combinations of emojis and boosts and am getting 1-2 each turn. Of course, I will get the rare 5-6 on a turn but only when a 1-2 are needed to end that round vs Kylo Ren and therefore, it’s totally worthless.

I’m most pleased with Rey because I can target which emojis are cleared off but it’s still extremely slow, I’m very thankful for the X2 with her though.

Maybe they are slowing this down intentionally because they are having it be for so many days? I know I’m going to need all of the days if I’m going to have a chance to complete the entire game!

Good luck everyone!

checking in and glad to see i'm not the only one who feels like the lightsabers are dropping slowly. I bought the diamond box and also got Finn. I have better luck playing with my go-to best Nemo. He gives me so many stars that I combine them with as many sabers as possible. I'm also working through missions for level 100 so that's making things go a little slower b/c I focus on that sometimes instead of the challenge. I'm also suffering from the battery drain issue, which makes playing less appealing.

Rey with 2x power-up is getting 14-16 most games.

Wow! I got Rey when I finally got to the diamond box prize (level 25 I think?). But I got to that point using Santa Hat Mickey. I think it was better with Mickey. I've been lucky to get 2-3 lightsabers with Rey (so doubled that's 4-6) and sometimes just 1, but with Santa Hat Mickey I was easily getting 6-8 lightsabers most rounds. I'm struggling through these last few rounds using Rey and thinking I may just go back to Mickey.

I definitely feel like this challenge has been harder, with fewer lightsabers on the board. I can clear the boards, but that doesn't matter much if there aren't any lightsabers to collect. I'm glad it has longer duration so I'll be able to finish. The only reason I got this far already was a glitch in the free spin much of Saturday and I could just keep spinning to collect a ton of lives to keep playing.

I definitely feel like this challenge has been harder, with fewer lightsabers on the board. I can clear the boards, but that doesn't matter much if there aren't any lightsabers to collect. I'm glad it has longer duration so I'll be able to finish. The only reason I got this far already was a glitch in the free spin much of Saturday and I could just keep spinning to collect a ton of lives to keep playing.

I was only able to take advantage of the glitch for a little while this weekend. It was great. Bought another diamond box, finally got BB8, and added to my lives. Just wish that I wouldn't have been camping or at least had better reception to take advantage of the glitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!