Disney Dream vs Freedom of the Seas

Madiaka

Earning My Ears
I wanted to know if anyone had any recent comparisons or preferences between Freedom of the Seas and Disney Dream. I have a choice between a 3 night Bahamas cruise on the Dream in early January 2018 or a NYE 6 night cruise on Freedom of the Seas- western Caribbean. They are close in price. I sailed on Allure and had a good time but I know Freedom won't have as many family activities as Allure. I also sailed on a 5 night Disney Wonder cruise last year. I like Disney but I feel I'll be disappointed with just 3 nights and don't want to pay the huge cost to sail Disney over NYE.

Is Freedom of the Seas a good alternative? Our son is 6 and we want evening activities outside of the kids club- if possible.

I would take six nights over three any day of the week, ESPECIALLY if the prices are comparable.

Thanks. I was thinking the Freedom would be okay and especially prefer 6 days to 3. My husband was thinking of doing 3 days pre-cruise for the Disney cruise. But that would be over NYE and would probably be too crowded in Orlando to be enjoyable if we're not going to the parks. Just too much traffic period. He doesn't want to go to parks. Just hang out in general.

Thanks for the links to the compasses.

Let's do the math......

3 nights or 6 nights

3 nights or 6 nights

3 nights or 6 nights!!!!!!

yup, 3 nights win ??????

NOT!!!!!!! :teeth: ENJOY the 6 night'r !!!!!!

We have sailed both Disney Dream and Freedom OTS. We did a 4 night Bahamas on the dream, and a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Freedom. Overall, we felt that the experience on the Dream was better than the Freedom, but not so much so that it's worth paying double (or sailing for half the time). I would recommend going with the Freedom.

Many amenities that you had on the Allure will be available on the Freedom. Freedom has the Royal Promenade, Adventure Ocean, Rock Climbing Wall, H2O Zone, Flow Rider, and Ice Skating Rink. I'm pretty sure it also has mini golf and a basketball court on the sports deck. Some of the big differences between the two are no central park, boardwalk, aqua theater, or zip line on the Freedom. Also, less for fee dining options on Freedom. Of course Freedom is smaller than Allure.

haven't been on Freedom, but went on her sister ship. The kids loved the amenities way more than the DCL ships. The Flowrider, ice skating, rock climbing wall, etc. theres pros and cons of each, but as somebody else mentiomed I would take 6 nights WAY over 3 night. With the whole embarking/debarking process taking up 2 days, a 3 night cruise must feel like a day trip.

Thanks for the feedback. I plan to cancel the Disney Dream cruise. We'll try for something longer on Disney some other time.

we went on Disney Dream last year and had a great time, the only bad part....it wasn't long enough. Fast forward to now, we have a booking on Freedom of the Seas for February 2018. The whole family is pumped to go for the longer duration and much cheaper price

I love the Dream, but my whole family loves FoS too. I wouldn't hesitate to sail her again, especially since it's half the price of a Fantasy cruise (or the same as a Dream cruise) for our family. We are on the Oasis next, but then we are trying an even smaller ship (Navigator) after that because she sails a 9 night for half (HALF!) the price of a Fantasy 7 night. We love trying new ships and Royal has been making a huge effort to update their ships.

Ummmm... we had a different experience. After raising my kids on DCL, we went on Independence of the Seas, which is a twin of the Freedom. Yes, we did it for the price and the amount of days. However, it was totally flat for me, but I kept quiet in front of my now adult boys. It wasn't until we were going through the disembarkation line, after a father of small kids saw my DCL bag and asked about how DCL was, that my 'boys' started telling him how much better the Disney ships were to the Independence. All of them. Even the small ones.

They even missed Disney's terminal!

Thanks for the feedback. Independence is a sister ship but based on Royals website, it doesn't have the Dreamworks characters or the experiences that go along with it. My son loved the characters on the Allure. I'm sure that Dream is nice but I'm going in early January and have decided that I'm not going to take a chance on the weather being too cold for swimming on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas, when I can go to the Caribbean for 6 days for the same price.

We've been on Disney Wonder and I'm sure I'd love the larger Disney ship. But, I'll save the money for when we can go to the parks and add the cruise on the back-end - when it's warmer.

I've already been on the Navigator of the Seas and I know Freedom is not Disney but it takes me somewhere warm where I can hopefully enjoy the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!