Disney dollars at Swan

dawny40

Earning My Ears
Good morning,
I have booked a room at the Swan using the nurses discount for May 29-June 5. In order to have as much prepaid as possible, I planned to buy a hopper plus ticket (using my DC membership that expires May 31st!) and disney dollars each payday at the local Disney Store.
I have printed housekeeping envelopes to leave a tip each day. In the past I stuffed them with Disney Dollars but I have always stayed at Disney resorts. Does Swan/Dolphin housekeeping prefer "cash;" can Disney Dollars be used at Swan/Dolphin restaurants?
DD seem like a good savings plan-I won't sneak a few out for the kids lunch money or use them to fix the dishwasher that is sounding ill. Even if Swan/housekeeping doesn't want them, I still have enough PS reservations at the parks to use them up, I just don't want to be embarassed by pulling them out and being told I can't use them (actually, doesn't bother me a bit but I have two teenagers who would be mortified). Thank you for any advice.

I can't answer your question, but I have a comment...

Disney Dollars are fine to give kids a little spending money, but to save for an entire vacation in Disney Dollars is not a very good idea.

if they are lost or stolen, they're gone. period.

Instead, why not buy travellers checks each payday and set them aside. Same idea, and if they are lost or stolen they are easily replaced.

Anne

I don't believe you can use Disney Dollars at the Swan or Dolphin. I personally wouldn't give Disney Dollars as tips - even to the housekeeping staff at Disney resorts.

ducklite has a good point about them being lost or stolen!

I would also recommend travelers checks.

We always give our kids some DD's to spend and they may ask for them for birthdays or Christmas.

Does anyone know if you can give the front desk Disney Dollars at check-in (if you happen to have a large amount) to use for charging against. I have heard of people giving the front desk a set amount of cash to charge against. Maybe you could do this if you already have a large amount.

Also, you can return Disney Dollars to the Disney Store if you have your receipt. I did it once but they would only do $100 at a time. We had gotten quite a bit from my parents as Christmas gifts some years ago (they tend to go overboard when it comes to my kids :rolleyes: ) and then had to postpone our trip. I didn't feel comfortable holding onto them for years-due to the above mentioned reasons-being lost or stolen.

Anyway, enjoy your trip and I don't believe you can use them at the Swan or Dolphin.

Originally posted by floridafam
...Does anyone know if you can give the front desk Disney Dollars at check-in (if you happen to have a large amount) to use for charging against. ...
You can do this at Disney's resorts but not at the Swan or Dolphin. They don't accept Disney Dollars there.

Oops. I didn't mean to imply that you could give them the Disney Dollars at the front desk at the Swan/Dolphin. I guess I'm having an off day :crazy:

At least you know you can give them the DD's if you ever do the same thing and stay at a Disney resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter