Disney Divas Getaway!!

Hey gals. I saw on the news where Facebook changed their rules to make it so that they owned all content even if you quit their service. The next day they backed down from that.

The problem with Facebook and other such sites is that people with bad intentions can track folk down and that is not a good thing.

I read a few pages to keep in touch with some troubled family members but I do not post or anything.

Be careful out there! SG/Linda

My DM deactivated her Facebook account yesterday after reading something in the newspaper...should I be worried? :worried:
(I don't include my email, phone #, address etc on my profile and I only except friends that I know...its my understanding that only people you accept as friends can see your wall, profile, pictures, etc...am I missing something??? :confused3 )

As per my email. As long as you do not have anyone who might wish you harm and keep your content clean and non specific as to location etc. (hard to do) you should be safe.

We tend to think we are talking face to face and it is easy to mention some small landmark or such that would lead someone up to no good to be able to locate us.

I am a paranoid. I do not even put my own name and address on my luggage just in case someone might be trolling for addresses where no one might be home.

Just because a site says something does not mean that they will always keep to their rules, even if well intentioned.

I have one credit card that I use for on line purchases only just in case something should happen. The card I use locally has my picture on it. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

That being said, you cannot live your whole life being afraid or you do not have a life at all.

Just be careful out there! (Hill Street Blues, you all are too young to know this):rotfl:

SG

My DM is a little paranoid too...when she went to NYC for the first time she walked right by the Empire State Building without noticing because she was holding on to her purse so tight because she was worried about being mugged!
I am cautious but hopefully not paranoid
595153s4vycu23ss.gif

I can control some of the privacy. My ID is blocked to anyone who isnt my friend and I have for most people blocked who my friends are. I have blocked a couple from seeing who and what is being posted on my wall. I do not accept anyone I dont know. I also have the same thing with my myspace page. I have my name down so I can no be googled (to my best knowledge). I try not to post anything that I wouldnt want to come back and hurt me.

But if I delete something I want it deleted.... and I do not want someone taking my photos and claiming copyright.

Sha, you are wise and I think safe, for the most part.

I often get folks I know only on line who want me to edit or critique their written works. I tell them that is not a safe thing to do because someone can easily steal their idea or work.

I have even heard of sickos who take innocent pictures of people's children and they edit and use them in other ways. Sick, sick, sick. I never post a picture of my grands anywhere.

Diva K, from watching TV and movies I can see why your poor mom would be a bit paranoid about NYC. When you watch the news you would think that strange goings on happen every day and everywhere.

Being a 'normal' person who has had several strange things happen to her in her lifetime I think I am more gun shy than paranoid. :cool1:

My grandson and his date just stopped by on their way to the big dance. Beautiful! :love:

SG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter