Disney Dining Show Request: 50's Prime Time Cafe

Please guys do this one...I've always wanted to go but to see the team's take on the fun atmosphere, and the servers/food would be a great show!
I must be going nuts - I thought I replied to this the other day, but I don't see it - happened to me in another thread too. Oh well.

I'd also love to see their review of this. I have had a lot of great meals (comfort food) here, and some fantastic, funny times. Only once that I had a horrible experience stands out in my mind, and that was when I was with a HUGE group during one of our big Gatherings, and had HORRIBLE CM interaction regarding seating the large group - from the hostesses and servers. Other than that, it's been great, and is usually a "must do:" for me if I'm at the Studios.

I always request to get a server who is "into it", and more often than not, that has been honored. I used to do the same thing at Whispering Canyon, and same experience there. I've not been to either since they started the "play along or not" thingie on your table at WCC. Anybody know if they have the same sort of thing here?

Last edited:
I must be going nuts - I thought I replied to this the other day, but I don't see it - happened to me in another thread too. Oh well.

I'd also love to see their review of this. I have had a lot of great meals (comfort food) here, and some fantastic, funny times. Only once that I had a horrible experience stands out in my mind, and that was when I was with a HUGE group during one of our big Gatherings, and had HORRIBLE CM interaction regarding seating the large group - from the hostesses and servers. Other than that, it's been great, and is usually a "must do:" for me if I'm at the Studios.

I always request to get a server who is "into it", and more often than not, that has been honored. I used to do the same thing at Whispering Canyon, and same experience there. I've not been to either since they started the "play along or not" thingie on your table at WCC. Anybody know if they have the same sort of thing here?

We were at 50s PT last week and did not get anything that would indicate if we wanted to play along or not. Our server was very into things, which would have been fine if we hadn't been with my mother (who was really not into that, but willing to suffer through to eat the fried chicken, LOL). If we'd had the option to pass, we probably would have on that trip for her sake. When it's just us, though, we love it!

We were at 50s PT last week and did not get anything that would indicate if we wanted to play along or not. Our server was very into things, which would have been fine if we hadn't been with my mother (who was really not into that, but willing to suffer through to eat the fried chicken, LOL). If we'd had the option to pass, we probably would have on that trip for her sake. When it's just us, though, we love it!
@anne Thanx for your reply. When I'd heard hey'd gone to this @ WCC, I was immediately curious about 50's. Yes - the fried chicken is (kinda) worth some humiliation. :rotfl2:

Last edited:
I've only ate here once proper years ago, but it made such an impression on my with their PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SHAKE.
Ever since then, I only come back to order that shake at the bar, to go.

It's a very thick shake, and prolly too much for one person to have in one sitting, but i like to order one every now and then.
Thank the maker the bar is there for quick service.

And I've gotta say, those bartenders (who also double as servers for the food you order essentially) are constantly moving throughout their shift!

I've only ate here once proper years ago, but it made such an impression on my with their PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SHAKE.
Ever since then, I only come back to order that shake at the bar, to go.

It's a very thick shake, and prolly too much for one person to have in one sitting, but i like to order one every now and then.
Thank the maker the bar is there for quick service.

And I've gotta say, those bartenders (who also double as servers for the food you order essentially) are constantly moving throughout their shift!
I'm not much of a milkshake drinker, but I KNOW I MUST have tried it somewhere along the line, since it's iconic. But I have to say - for me - it's not memorable, but I know TONS who "have to have it" when they go. :) And yes - that lounge there has ALWAYS been busy every time I've gone!

I have never eaten in the 50s cafe. We were going to eat there for training but ended up going to Mama Melrose instead. Is this the time of place that will give you a hard time? If so it reminds me of Durgin Park in Faneuil Hall Boston.

I miss the old dining reviews with Kevin and John. I'm a listener, not a watcher, and listening to people eat with alot of background noise is not appealing.

Laurie
The background noise can be a bit much at times. I understand it must be very difficult for them to do this. I wonder if they should all have individual mics, I'm assuming now they just use the one attached to the camera. I know synching the audio later must be very time consuming, and they do a lot already, but it would really improve the audio for those who value that higher.
The first 5 mins of the Boathouse review the audio was terrible.

I went there probably twenty years ago, then again last year and still found it a nicely themed environment. I love the nostalgic furniture and television shows that many young people have probably never seen. The food is about average, their specialties and shakes are good. I think if you get a waiter or waitress that plays the part, it makes it all the better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts