disney club or not?

kimba

Mouseketeer
I am making an unexpected short trip to WDW in April and I am wondering if it is possible to even get a disney club discount at a resort at that time. There is no way of knowing unless you are a member. Does anyone know if it is available at the beginning of April so I know if it is worth becoming a member now before we make ressies?

Call CRO, and just ask what the rates of the DC card are vs other discount sources (ex, AAA if you have it or mousesavers.com codes) and see for yourself. Recent threads have squeezed this issue, feel free to browse around.

Personally, I say that the DC card isn't the only (or even best) way to get discounts. If you use codes or even look into other sources, you save a lot more. The DC card is basically good if you also intend to shop at the DS often.

I guess it would depend on your spending habits. Here how the DC card saves our family money:

1. I called for rack rate for our trip May 4 - 13th. The rack rate was $164.00. With my DC card it went down to $134.00 which is a savings of $30.00 a night. But we ended up with one of the codes for a better savings.

2. We purchase alot of souveniers at DTD which most of the shops offer 10% discount which adds up.

3. We also make a few purchases thru the year at the Disney Store which gives a 10% discount.

4. Plus a years subscription of the Disney magazine - which I would buy any way.

I guess the discounts really add up for our family. And also I think there is still a promotion that you can join the club - $10.00 off membership.

Hope this helps. It pays for itself for us.

I forgot to mention something new for DC. We are receiving a 10% discount off of the HDDR. Which will save our family approx $22.00. Every little bit helps.

Yeah, but you can get a lot of those discounts with your AAA, still! I say the biggest advantage is the savings shopping at the DS.

Try to compare sometime, the resorts give you very close (if not exactly or lower) DC rate compared to AAA. Call, have your room priced with both rates and select what is best for you. You do not need to have any cards at the time you book, but may have to show them at the counter when you check in.

Then if you want a deal beating both of those, go for codes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter