• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney changed my reservation from Kidani to Jambo?

Myalyas

Mouseketeer
I posted this elsewhere but got no replies...

I am renting DVC points for a split stay. Our last night was for Kidani Village. I have the confirmation email, the "incredible vacation" booklet that was sent, all saying Kidani Village. Today I got a "your vacation is soon!" email that said Jambo House. Logged into My Disney Experience and it also says Jambo House. Same reservation confirmation # as original.

Is this normal?? :confused3 Seems to me there could be some trouble at check in. :scared1:

I hope somebody replies

Go to kidani if that's what your confirmation email said. There's only about 600 yards between the front desks of kidani and jambo, and they will shuttle you and your luggage over if for some reason there has been a change.

As a renter you can't call member services- they generally will only speak to the owner. But if it makes you feel better ahead of time, you can call the kidani "front desk" number (which is just a call center) and give them your confirmation number to assure you're headed to the right place.

Go to kidani if that's what your confirmation email said. There's only about 600 yards between the front desks of kidani and jambo, and they will shuttle you and your luggage over if for some reason there has been a change.

As a renter you can't call member services- they generally will only speak to the owner. But if it makes you feel better ahead of time, you can call the kidani "front desk" number (which is just a call center) and give them your confirmation number to assure you're headed to the right place.

Thanks for your reply! I'm just really confused. Have you ever heard of this sort of thing happening?

Thanks for your reply! I'm just really confused. Have you ever heard of this sort of thing happening?

No, but I've never rented points before. My guess is this is just another Disney IT glitch. It is possible they oversold kidani by accident and reassigned your reservation, but I doubt it...

Maybe the owner put in a waitlist for either resort in hopes that your whole vacation would be in one villa (if I am reading correct that you had a split stay between the two resorts initially?)

Your reservation is with the owner, contact them to find out what's going on.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks for all the replies!
I found out what happened! The owner reserved Kidani but put me on a waitlist for Jambo! She said we'd like it better because of more places to eat and being closer to the buses. So that is cool and I appreciate her doing that! She's a sweetheart!!
The strange part, to me, is that Disney didn't notify either one of us when they cam about! I was just afraid that something was getting screwed up on Disney's end or that they might randomly change the rest of the reservations or something! Whew!
And yes, this is a split-split-split stay. We are staying at 3 different resorts in 5 nights! But we're up for it! Actually, excited about getting to experience 3 different resorts when we've never stayed onsite before, ever!!

I reread your post and it said split stay. I think I read that only the last night was at Kidani. Where was the rest of the stay? If it was at Jambo, they sometimes get confused when they're sending brochures and send brochures suggesting an entire vacation at each of the two resorts, so you end up with two brochures. If this isn't the case, I can't help wondering if the "brochure-sending" department got screwed up.

Thanks for all the replies!
I found out what happened! The owner reserved Kidani but put me on a waitlist for Jambo! She said we'd like it better because of more places to eat and being closer to the buses. So that is cool and I appreciate her doing that! She's a sweetheart!!
The strange part, to me, is that Disney didn't notify either one of us when they cam about! I was just afraid that something was getting screwed up on Disney's end or that they might randomly change the rest of the reservations or something! Whew!
And yes, this is a split-split-split stay. We are staying at 3 different resorts in 5 nights! But we're up for it! Actually, excited about getting to experience 3 different resorts when we've never stayed onsite before, ever!!

Just as I had thought... the owner wait listed. Glad you got it worked out :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter