Disney Before Thanksgiving

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
We are going back and forth about when to take our annual WDW trip next year. One option is right before Thanksgiving. We would arrive Friday night and stay until Wednesday. We want to be home for Thanksgiving. My initial reaction was "But I would miss Food & Wine!!!" But we discussed it and decided that it's ok to miss that every once in a while to avoid burn-out. But then I was like "But we will miss the Christmas decorations and shows!!!!" Is anyone there now or has been in the past that enjoys this time period?

If you want to see all the Christmas decorations (all parks and resorts) AND have access to all holiday activities (including Candlelight Processional, MVMCP, etc.) I think you'd have to go after Thanksgiving which is later than your planned dates. Now the week you describe will be too early for CP and not have the MVMCP, but will have most other activities (like Epcot International Festival of the Holidays) and almost all decorations should be up, but may not be 100% finished everywhere.

You can read about the crowds for Thanksgiving week 2017 like the thread mentioned above - I'm sure more will be posted. And also take a glance at MDE wait times during this week to get a sense of what the crowds may be like.

We've done a mid-October trip (for Halloween decorations and F&W) and a mid-November trip (for MVMCP) and truth be told if I were planning a trip in 2018 based on "Christmas decorations and shows" I'd be going the last week of November or sometime the 1st 2 weeks of December.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter