Disney Animated Movies that could be given a live action remake

ronDisney

the Ron of RonnMel
With all the live action adaptions of Disney animated features coming down the pipe, what other animated films do you think could be given a live action version?

My choice? I think a live action version of Lilo & Stitch could be ripe for a live action remake. Of course Stitch would be CG, but i could see it looking pretty good. You might have to take a little bit of artistic licence with the characters and they would probably have to tweak the story a bit to either lengthen or flesh it out....but i think a Lilo & Stitch live action adaption would be kinda cool.

Great theme as well...
"Ohana...it means family...family means no one gets left behind."
"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. It's little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

It's not as well known, but I've always loved Treasure Planet and I think it would look absolutely stunning as a live action version, and the storyline wouldn't need to be changed much at all.

I'd be intrigued to see what could be done with an updated live action Black Cauldron, too.

And I'm really looking forward to the Aladdin one that has been announced.

I'd be intrigued to see what could be done with an updated live action Black Cauldron, too.

Well, good news. Disney has the rights to the Chronicles of Prydain book series that Black Cauldron was based on and plans to make a series of movies. It's been quiet on that front for a while, but as far as I know they still plan to make them.

Personally, I don't like the live action remakes that are too close to the original stories. I want them to offer something different, more like Malecifent, and less like Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. I mean, the live action BATB was nice and all, but why would I ever choose to watch it over the animated version? It's redundant. I am looking forward to Mulan because it will be a retelling of the legend, not the Disney movie, and it won't be a musical. I know that has rankled some, but why do a shot for shot version of the animated version with the same music too? It's silly to me.

It's not as well known, but I've always loved Treasure Planet and I think it would look absolutely stunning as a live action version, and the story line wouldn't need to be changed much at all.

Agreed. Treasure Planet would be an amazing live action film.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!