Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

I am up at the crack of dawn everyday even if I am up until midnight, which is very rare these days! I always get ready, enjoy some coffee and take a look around before waking Andi.
I am excited for the relaxing morning especially after a busy first day! We will be rding quite a bit throughout our stay! We loved staying at the Poly because we would hop into MK often and it was so easy!
I'm like that...always (well almost always) up early. I hardly ever stay up until midnight, though. I don't even think I made it until midnight for new years this year and just went to bed.

In January, I'll be going solo for the Disdads meet up. I'm looking forward to not having to worry about waking anyone up in the mornings and being able to stay as late or leave as early as I want.

I'm like that...always (well almost always) up early. I hardly ever stay up until midnight, though. I don't even think I made it until midnight for new years this year and just went to bed.

In January, I'll be going solo for the Disdads meet up. I'm looking forward to not having to worry about waking anyone up in the mornings and being able to stay as late or leave as early as I want.
Sounds like a nice solo trip for you, with meets as well! Yes, touring how you want is a nice change. I am such an early riser, I love quiet early mornings!

Sounds like a nice solo trip for you, with meets as well! Yes, touring how you want is a nice change. I am such an early riser, I love quiet early mornings!
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I'm a tea drinker and I really enjoy sitting out on the balcony, drinking my tea, watching the sun rise, listening to the quietness before the resort or the park gets going. Then reality comes crashing in as some kid in the resort screams because they didn't want to wake up or they can't get mommy or daddy to wake up. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy kids, I just don't enjoy other people's kids when they've not been taught basic manners. I guess that's a broader statement/frustration than just screaming at the resort.

Last year when at AKL, there was a kid screaming at the giraffe to come over. I had mixed emotions. The screaming I didn't care for, but I was laughing too because I'm thinking that is sure not the way to get him over here and I also thought it was cool...the little guy wanted to see the giraffe closer...ahh, the mind of a child. ;)

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I'm a tea drinker and I really enjoy sitting out on the balcony, drinking my tea, watching the sun rise, listening to the quietness before the resort or the park gets going. Then reality comes crashing in as some kid in the resort screams because they didn't want to wake up or they can't get mommy or daddy to wake up. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy kids, I just don't enjoy other people's kids when they've not been taught basic manners. I guess that's a broader statement/frustration than just screaming at the resort.

Last year when at AKL, there was a kid screaming at the giraffe to come over. I had mixed emotions. The screaming I didn't care for, but I was laughing too because I'm thinking that is sure not the way to get him over here and I also thought it was cool...the little guy wanted to see the giraffe closer...ahh, the mind of a child. ;)
Oh my other people’s kids, lol!!:rotfl2: We are big on manners and respect in this household! Some families not so much.

Hello Everyone!!

I have made a change to the itinerary :cheer2: We are going to check into Wilderness Lodge on Day 3 now instead of Day 5:bounce: I was able to get a great AP rate on a standard room so I booked it and then seriously “poof” it was gone! I don’t see it now, I only see a courtyard view for more $$.

We will be officially moving on 8/13/18 now instead of 8/15/18. I am hoping we will be able to keep our same room the entire 7 nights. Our trip with the awesome deal starts on 8/15. Technically these are two separate reservations.

Day 3 Plans:
A3F501D3-B650-40E4-9760-EF0AE286EFBD.jpeg
3DF5D8A4-4A29-42C6-B153-94F0C051299A.jpeg D7D91E4F-3BFE-4792-BC68-C7D0899D6463.jpeg

Today will be an early one. We will need to have our bags ready for bell service at 6am! I want to be on our way to HS by 6:30 for our first experience with TSL. EMH starts at 0700, strategy here is to ride SDD first then ride TSM 1-2x. Our first FP+ is for Alien saucers, guess what the abbreviation of this ride is A$$, guess we won’t be using that on the Dis:rotfl2:
62266017-691B-4B2D-8E41-2D100E71A459.jpeg 70016375-FF29-4E48-92E1-2DA27ABFAE7E.jpeg

We will definitely get a carrot cake cookie and refresher from Starbucks at some point. I have read the review on the pop tart treats at Woody’s, just not sure I would try that over my beloved carrot cake cookie!

We have ToT up next in the FP+ line up, we then have ST FP+. Our ADR today is at MM at 12:45. We will be ready for lunch by this time for sure! I have been reading how hot TSL is, no shade or indoor places at all:beach: so we probably won’t hang out there after the morning EMH. I am sure a visit to the muppets will be in order before our lunch!
377276EE-3C27-4220-AA21-ED6BA7DA6615.jpeg 557958F6-2986-4B89-8097-F7D2FEB8B208.jpeg E4CAB808-A360-4519-90B5-83D376CA81C1.jpeg FA1862BC-422D-481F-AE8F-B47B0B986A8F.jpeg 9D5F7D0F-1670-4E3F-B898-73C862F77A6C.jpeg
I am hoping we get a room text at lunch time, this would be perfect! If we do not, I will try and get us a FP+ for MK and we will head over there until the room is ready.

The plan is to have a low key evening since we will be up so early. MK for a few attractions then an early night to sleep in our new home for the next 7 nights:woohoo:We will have QS at WL. I want to try Geyser Point. The salmon or crab cake sandwich sound good to me or the ever popular Bison cheese burger.

These are Day 3 Plans, what do you all think? I am getting excited! 34 days to go before this trip will be starting:bounce:

Hello Everyone!!
I have made a change to the itinerary :cheer2: We are going to check into Wilderness Lodge on Day 3 now instead of Day 5:bounce: I was able to get a great AP rate on a standard room so I booked it and then seriously “poof” it was gone! I don’t see it now, I only see a courtyard view for more $$.
More time at WL! party:

We will definitely get a carrot cake cookie and refresher from Starbucks at some point. I have read the review on the pop tart treats at Woody’s, just not sure I would try that over my beloved carrot cake cookie!
I forgot to get the carrot cake cookie when we were there in Feb and I'm kinda upset with myself. I love carrot cake and this was on my list, but totally spaced it. I'm not a big hazelnut/chocolate fan, but the raspberry tart sounds good. The totchos look good, but look pretty small. The monte cristo with jam sounds yummy.

I am hoping we get a room text at lunch time, this would be perfect! If we do not, I will try and get us a FP+ for MK and we will head over there until the room is ready.
Here's hoping you get the room text.

The plan is to have a low key evening since we will be up so early. MK for a few attractions then an early night to sleep in our new home for the next 7 nights:woohoo:We will have QS at WL. I want to try Geyser Point. The salmon or crab cake sandwich sound good to me or the ever popular Bison cheese burger.
I've had bison burgers (and steaks) at other places. Some people really love it, some are more meh. I'm in the latter camp. I will say I've never had bison at Disney, so maybe the Disney flavor is better. ;)

Wow! Good for you!

I will be doing the exact same thing when I go for early EMH. Great minds think alike. :)

Great plans! I am planning on the crab cake sandwich for sure.

The crab cake sandwich at Geyser Point is so delicious! We ate there last May while the water pageant went buy and it was so relaxing! Definitely recommend!

And thats so exciting you could grab two more nights at WL for the deal price!

I'll have to check back to see if they let you stay in the same room! I've always wondered how that would go! From most people it seems like they don't have to move though so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

More time at WL! party:

I forgot to get the carrot cake cookie when we were there in Feb and I'm kinda upset with myself. I love carrot cake and this was on my list, but totally spaced it. I'm not a big hazelnut/chocolate fan, but the raspberry tart sounds good. The totchos look good, but look pretty small. The monte cristo with jam sounds yummy.

Here's hoping you get the room text.

I've had bison burgers (and steaks) at other places. Some people really love it, some are more meh. I'm in the latter camp. I will say I've never had bison at Disney, so maybe the Disney flavor is better. ;)
Definitely try the carrot cake cookie if able, I heard it was different, I sure hope not!

The crab cake sandwich sounds more to my liking!

I sure hope we get the room text after lunch!

Wow! Good for you!

I will be doing the exact same thing when I go for early EMH. Great minds think alike. :)

Great plans! I am planning on the crab cake sandwich for sure.
I am excited to start our WL stay a little sooner:woohoo:

It sounds like early morning and after sun fall will be the best times for TSL in August!

I think it will be the crab cake sandwich for me to!

The crab cake sandwich at Geyser Point is so delicious! We ate there last May while the water pageant went buy and it was so relaxing! Definitely recommend!

And thats so exciting you could grab two more nights at WL for the deal price!

I'll have to check back to see if they let you stay in the same room! I've always wondered how that would go! From most people it seems like they don't have to move though so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Thank you for the review, sounds yummy! We have never been to Geyser Point yet.

I literally don’t see that price anymore so glad I was able to get it.

I sure hope we can stay in the same room, I did mention to the CM on the phone and he made note and said the majority of the time they do try to keep you in the same room.

How awesome that you're moving to WL early!! The more time you get to spend there, the better. :lovestruc Hopefully they can keep you in the same room. They were able to do that for us when we were there last summer and had two separate reservations.

I lol'd about your mention of the abbreviation for Alien Swirling Saucers :laughing:

How awesome that you're moving to WL early!! The more time you get to spend there, the better. :lovestruc Hopefully they can keep you in the same room. They were able to do that for us when we were there last summer and had two separate reservations.

I lol'd about your mention of the abbreviation for Alien Swirling Saucers :laughing:
I am hoping we don’t have to move! The CM on the phone said it is rare to change rooms so I hope not!

I know what are we going to call it, lol! Just Aliens I guess.

Our trip is less than 30 days away now, I am getting excited for some new experiences this trip!
WL will be new for us and of course, TSL.

Day 4 Plans:
IMG_Jul12018at81731AM.jpg

Time for AK again! We will head to AK at opening which is 9:00am. I did early FP+ for the majority of our days this trip so we could add additional ones as able for the evenings.
4D9B4BE6-70DF-4927-88ED-6790953C8449.jpeg The BB58F949-1250-4DC2-929C-4E09224FD306.jpeg
I think we will head over to NRJ as our first ride then to the Safari for 2nd ride. Our first FP is at Dinosaur, starting at 10:30am, I got Andi an EE FP for 11:30.
05361247-46CE-4424-BD32-1BDBC73874A5.jpeg
Guess where we will go after EE? Anyone? If you guessed Y&Y for lunch, that is correct, yes indeed!
B917F36D-C2AF-487B-8B0D-744656A8C4AC.jpeg IMG_Jul42018at70314PM.jpg

We will have $25.00 on our Landry’s card for my Birthday, so we have to use this up! We will want to eat fairly early because we have an evening ADR at Epcot. We may share here so we can have the amazing wontons for dessert.
IMG_Jun62018at85151AM.jpg

FoP is our last FP starting at 1:15 so off to fly on our genetically linked banshee before heading out for a rest at the WL. Shopping at AK is a favorite of mine so stopping in a few favorite stores on the way out will be a must.

Evening plans include a visit to Epcot! I hope to get a 4th FP for a tier 1 ride and if not SE, an all time favorite.
2BD3D5A5-1D47-4DD8-8297-AD4F05D04C92.jpeg IMG_May302018at100524AM.jpg 655EF993-E27D-486E-B917-4B505391ED9F.jpeg

ADR is at Spice Road Table at 8:10pm. I am going to request a table outside (weather permitting) so we can view Illuminations at dinner. Andi wanted to revisit this restaurant. We ate here once and really enjoyed our calamari, lamb sliders, and hummus fries, very good! We may try a kebab this time, has anyone out there tried the kebabs?? We will likely share several things.

Epcot has PM EMH so we will see how much we can do during this time. My past experiences with Epcot EMH has been busy and long waits for the Tier 1 rides since there aren’t many. We will try for Soarin and maybe Test Track. It will be low key for us since we have been on all Epcot attractions many times.

These are the tentative 4th day plans, what do you all think?? Let me know. :thanks:

Wow!! So much going on for your day 4! But it's so nice that when you're just travelling as two adults you can squeeze all those kinds of things in. Love that you have a Yak and Yeti ADR! Though I'm not surprised :goodvibes Yum!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter