• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney 2-Way Radios

lizzie64

<font color=purple>Clay is my man!<br><font color=
Anyone have these? There is a great deal on them in mousesavers and was considering them for our trip.

Do they have a belt clip?

I received the Mickey ones for Christmas this year. We haven't been to Disney since, but DH and I use them at the mall when we split up with the kids and they work great. Sometimes in the stores my cell dosn't work, but the radios do.

I didn't see the deal yet, but if you want them, they are pretty neat.

Those radios are exactly what I've been looking for (at a price I was happy to pay) but they only take orders in the US :(

I bought them a few weeks ago from Motorola for a great price. We used them at WDW for the last week and a half. They didn't work very well, esp in MK. We could not find a channel that others were not already on. And we heard everyone's plans!!

If I had my druthers, I wouldn't have purchased mine. They didn't work very well at MK or for that matter any of the parks very well we found. We finally put them up and decided that a certain times of the day, to meet at a certain place in the parks. That worked a lot better IMHO.

I have used these at home/other amusement parks and have found that they do not work very well. They have never worked more than a mile apart for me (and most times less than that) . So for short distances they work great. I purchased them for our first WDW trip in July, but now I'm wondering if they'll be of much use at all. I love the look of them and their cute features, but I really wished I had purchased something with a better mile range.
Mine came with a wrist band of sorts but no belt clip.

I have found that the best use for the two way radios is when you are traveling with others in another vehicle, you can talk between cars while on the road and save your cell minutes and battery. They almost always never work well where there are crowds; parks, malls and etc. It is such a good idea, everyone had to have them and there are not enough channels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter