Disney 100 - Oct 16th 2023

Louise97

Mouseketeer
So we're 6 weeks away from the big day! Is anyone else going? We usually go during the Scottish October break anyway, so we were already booked to be there that week.

I wonder if we'll hear any more between then and now. The original press release mentioned that there would be additional activities after that date though the latest news release refers to it as a one day only event. Still very vague!

It wouldn't be Disneyland Paris without some vague news and only a plan at the final moment ;)

Unfortunately I have an obligation on Mondays for the coming months. So I won't be going, but my Disney buddy is. I will follow it on social media. I am going to assume a special parade or show, what they also did for the 25th(?) anniversary. Mickey &Minnie in special costumes, those kinda things. And probably snacks with Nutella.

It would be the other way around with the first AP party, I would be alone. And it would be so expensive to stay onsite, I decided not to fight for tickets (even when it is my most favourite theme, villains :( )

Happy 16th October! Have fun everyone who is there!

Let us know what's going on.
I saw on social there was a photo moment pre-park opening for some press and insiders.

By the looks of it:
Mickey & Minnie were waiving at the train station as normal, in their Halloween costumes.

Opening show at 9.30 (with music of the 25th anniversary): Mickey & friends plus dancers on the stages. 100 characters in the middle at the hub.
Then via Main Street quick walk back to backstage.

And it's very busy.

Disneyland Paris pranks EU Minister's of Parliament; diverts their train to celebrate "100 years of Magic"

:rotfl2:

https://nos.nl/artikel/2494300-trein-met-europarlementariers-komt-per-ongeluk-bij-disneyland-terecht

FYI - this is the headline I would have used for this article. Google Translate is your friend for the non-Dutch speakers.
It made me laugh so loud when I read it on NOS.nl. :D

There is an English article, here: https://www.politico.eu/article/mic...train-strasbourg-wrong-turn-disneyland-paris/

Love the last line: "Donald Duck was unavailable for comments."

Overall it was... underwhelming! EMH was open to all, the lines to get into DLP were long (up to the Disney Legends statue) but moving. Longer wait times all day. I wanted a good spot for fireworks so I sat on a bench behind a stage from about 5pm! Bringing hand warmers was one of the better ideas I've ever had.

Opening Show - Speeches, 100 people from the VoluntEars programme holding flags and confetti cannons, dancers (I recognised many from D&SB!), and 100 characters. Quick walk around the hub and down Main Street.

Parade pre-show - A repurposed D&SB float and dancers set to the 100th song, no parade stop.

Character moments - I only saw one, a Donald and Daisy 'selfie spot' on the castle stage, I believe there was a second one later in the day + the same schedule at WDSP.

Fireworks post-show - A few minute projection show, minimal pyro, no drones?!

I was hoping for some special merch - a pin or button, a snack, ears, anything! They had a Minnie Disney100 Pandora charm, and a champagne flute (which I then saw being sold the following day).

Overall it was... underwhelming!
Yeah, looking back, this was a weird thing.
First of all, that only DLP did something special and the other parks had a business-as-usual-day. You would think the 100th anniversary itself would be a great moment to connect Disney fans around the world.

I really had expected them to undersell the event in the press release and that there would be more on the day itself. That Mickey & Minnie were at the station waving in the morning in their Halloween costumes make it feel they didn't really think what this day should be. Also that it was just Mickey & Minnie at the station, go all out if you have so many actors at the ready for the show later. And if you have all the actors there, I had done more wave/selfie locations.

Also had expected more snacks (or at least 1) and merchandise.

Overall this could have been bigger. And it should have. Not many companies make it to 100 years (under the same name).

Then again, I worked at KLM, Royal Dutch Airlines in 2019, when they had their 100th year anniversary. That anniversary was underwhelming for their passengers. The employee events were much better. So let's hope the CM parties at the Disney parks were better 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter